Game Day: Cowboys v Manly [Round 13, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
At least we got the 2 points!
Did it ugly, and probably put a lot of unnecessary pressure on ourselves at times, but we won!
There will be no doubt plenty of work for the coaching staff but two pints is two points

How bad was the 1300smiles surface - slippery and divots to buggery by the end of the game :eek:

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Will Fainu get any time for that wishbone tackle on McLean? I thought he pulled out on time and no on field penalty, but surely the Manly loading will come into it and probably cop a week.
I can’t agree.. if he doesn’t get injured it doesn’t get noticed. It happens 10 times a game as players try to place a player on their back

I honestly don't know what to make of that game. The Cows had horrendous injury toll and basically a reserve grade backline yet we struggled all game. Against any of the top 6 teams we would've been flogged. I just dont think Walker at center has done anything for team harmony. His defensive reads are awful, keeps rushing in or up leaving gaps out wide everywhere.

I honestly don't know what to make of that game. The Cows had horrendous injury toll and basically a reserve grade backline yet we struggled all game. Against any of the top 6 teams we would've been flogged. I just dont think Walker at center has done anything for team harmony. His defensive reads are awful, keeps rushing in or up leaving gaps out wide everywhere.

They've won 3 straight. Were at home. We had 2 major players playing 3 days after Origin, we have Parker, Sipley, Elgey out, a player returning from long term injury. Away. 2 points, is 2 points. Well played. We'll also get better.

Well just had a good stress test without the cables and treadmill.Was happy with our scrambling.Tom will learn from this game and warm up to the next.Happy with our forwards. We need to be more clinical in att@ck and work on our discipline.Some of our passing needs to improve.We are a very hot and cold side but have the players to crucify teams but instead give them free rains to the try line. It’s something we can fix as we have proven our side is capable of beating good sides this year already. We are due for a big win.Would love to see us totally dominate.

They've won 3 straight. Were at home. We had 2 major players playing 3 days after Origin, we have Parker, Sipley, Elgey out, a player returning from long term injury. Away. 2 points, is 2 points. Well played. We'll also get better.
God I hope so. We looked clunky but considering how much our backline has chopped and changed around all year so far I just want to see a stable week to week lineup so we can get some cohesion in that backline

Elgey wasn't out he was dropped because Cust is simply a better player..The only 2 players who would of come into tonights Team is possibly Parker and Sipley for Boyle if he was not injured.

Essentially we were full strength with 2 tired origin players backing up.

Tom has always been a confidence player. If he makes an error early he can tend to drop the shoulders and make a couple. But just his presence on the field has effects. That short ball to the left edge backrower like the second try is a great play because with Tommy lurking out the back the defenders try to maintain their width so he doesn’t get to the outside shoulder. Can provide a nice path for a backrower working outside in.Cordner and Teddy do it a lot.I can see DCE and Cust using that more often. Tommy usually works left but I’m sure you will see him pop up as the out the back decoy on the right more often.

Tom will get better. He’s on the second rung of fullbacks behind Teddy and Ponga right now but he’s not far away.

Last edited:
We’ve been average at best since Walker has returned, and played far better as a unit with Hank Scorpio at center.

Parker in for Walker when he’s fit, as far as I’m concerned...

Turbo is open to criticism and he got the basics wrong tonight.:cool:

Catching a high ball = 2 drops
Passing = 3 soft and undirected passes

Sure he'll get better, but he had issues before his lay off on talking bombs and it seems that is still a weakness in his game :confused:

He agreed with our viewpoint of his game in his post match interview :nod:
He also laid on 2 tries tonight. Fair go he’s been out how long? Yes he acknowledged it could have been better and it will improve. Nobody was saying s*** after the warriors and souths game. He’s a gun and one rusty performance ain’t s***!

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8