Game Day: Cowboys v Manly [Round 13, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Elgey wasn't out he was dropped because Cust is simply a better player..The only 2 players who would of come into tonights Team is possibly Parker and Sipley for Boyle if he was not injured.

Essentially we were full strength with 2 tired origin players backing up.

Yep would be surprised if LG sees first grade again with us. Behind custard and froggy and only just ahead of hodgko

We’ve been average at best since Walker has returned, and played far better as a unit with Hank Scorpio at center.

Parker in for Walker when he’s fit, as far as I’m concerned...
I said in a previous thread. Parker to centre and walker to wing, Taufua misses out along with Elliott. I think wing is walkers best position. In all honesty i think walker could be a star winger with a roving role. Parker definitely owns that left centre this year.

The 2 main problems at the moment are 1. Losing both Taupau and AFB after 25min and replacing them with backrowers. Waddell was ok with Sipley but Gosi and Paseka nah can't do. I'd start with Taupau and Paseka IF he can get himself fitter and inject more agro into him. The Sipley injury was a bad blow.
2. The defense of Cust/Walker /Taufua. It's not working out there and the same on the right side last 2 games with Walker. Des has seriously got to straighten him out and get him to keep in the umbrella or we'll get pumped by the top 6 sides.

Walker to right centre & Parker in for Suli or Garrick. My preference on right wing is Suli over Garrick. I think he could be dynamite outside Walker. Another option is Suli on the bench as an impact player - taking Gosiewski's place.

Im on a high after the win, so now waiting for Ash Barty to appear. Bloody rain.
Could be a long night/morning.

• Clever
Reactions: mbe
We were lucky
Should of won by atleast 12
Im still not convinced with des and how he uses marty and afb but a win is a win i must ask though how long till we get a big win were we can sit back and enjoy ulcer free lol
We’ve been average at best since Walker has returned, and played far better as a unit with Hank Scorpio at center.

Yes but walker over suli.. walker is a right center dont forget. Dce will give him better service, he is a dally m center he just needs to play on his preferred side.

I said in a previous thread. Parker to centre and walker to wing, Taufua misses out along with Elliott. I think wing is walkers best position. In all honesty i think walker could be a star winger with a roving role. Parker definitely owns that left centre this year.
Walker is a dally m center hes played rep football in the centers what wing man cmon.. he is a right center playing left side and hes gets crap service. His defense is usually good but he and jorge are no good together. Scorpio in walker to right center with dce feeding him good ball

Walker to right centre & Parker in for Suli or Garrick. My preference on right wing is Suli over Garrick. I think he could be dynamite outside Walker. Another option is Suli on the bench as an impact player - taking Gosiewski's place.
Suli could be like trex... but id like to see him in the wing one day hes a beast. Walker on the right now with dce back will form a lethal combo along with siro ball playing.

His defense is usually good

Sorry but his defense is historically average, to poor, to crap. Mostly because he is such a self-thought star that he won't follow instruction.

He is not a team person, he is a "me" person.. which was typified by his video game crap with his wife that cost us big.

There is no room for "me" people in a premiership winning TEAM.

Get rid of him!

If the refs were trying to get us beat they missed 2 golden opportunities by pulling up that obstruction when cows scored (even my one-eye didnt see that happening) and not going to video ref on custs try (cause they could easily have ruled that Morgan got hit in the air by Fainu imo)

only off high kicks mate, not bouncing balls

They've won 3 straight. Were at home. We had 2 major players playing 3 days after Origin, we have Parker, Sipley, Elgey out, a player returning from long term injury. Away. 2 points, is 2 points. Well played. We'll also get better.
Elgey out lol... left right out more likely.

They've won 3 straight. Were at home. We had 2 major players playing 3 days after Origin, we have Parker, Sipley, Elgey out, a player returning from long term injury. Away. 2 points, is 2 points. Well played. We'll also get better.
But you make some sound points.

Elgey wasn't out he was dropped because Cust is simply a better player..The only 2 players who would of come into tonights Team is possibly Parker and Sipley for Boyle if he was not injured.

Essentially we were full strength with 2 tired origin players backing up.

I'm not sure about that. How about Croker? How about Waddell? How about Sipley? How about Parker? We released Kelly with no replacement? We released Tanginoa without replacement? We are 300k down in cap space (which is a solid player) . Turbos played 2 games this year. Suli's just back from a Month off. Jake and DCE played big SOO minutes. Fainu got little game time.

It wasn't ALL stacked in our favour.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8