Game Day: Cowboys v Manly [Round 13, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
36:18 countdown first half

Maguire clearly gouges Walker with the Ref looking over his shoulder :wondering:

No penalty and Ref says 'Easy, Dylan' to Walker who is pinned under 3 players :fubar:

Player Josh McGuire
Club Cowboys
Minute of match 4th
Charge/incident Contrary conduct
Charge grade 1
7yrs incident free for discount No
Base penalty for charge $1500
Penalty points - early plea $3400
Penalty points - guilty $4500
Prior similar offences in last 2 years (50% loading) 4
Prior non-similar offences in last 2 years (20% loading) 0
Carry-over points to be added N/A
Misconduct on whom? Dylan Walker

WTF :mad: Second eye gouge and he gets a fine.
Some Raider kid got 5 weeks for 1st gouge just last week :swear:
That bloke McGuire is a disgrace it’s the lowest act what are those corrupt f wits at the NRL doing?oh that’s right he can still play SOO if he gets a fine ,that s his 2nd offence this year in what is THE lowest act y can do on the field
Disgraceful Judicary yet Waddel gets 2 weeks for an innocuous 1/2 a headbutt
U couldn’t make it up if u tried
Really goes to prove Greenc$@t s mission statement of “Consistency is over rated”
The NRL is so politically correct and sends players off for a few punches but this serial grub gets rewarded for eye gouging ,gee I’m sure all the mums and dads all want thier little fellas playing that sort of a sport with that filthy grub as a role model....NOT
What do ur daughters think of that Greenturd?

Last edited:
Player Josh McGuire
Club Cowboys
Minute of match 4th
Charge grade 1

I think you'll find they fined him so he's eligible for Origin, the corruption from this NRL administration knows no bounds.

I think the caller on fox mentioned it, didn't see it myself.
Just watched it and no one else noticed Jorge the Ninja's missed strike :p

20190609_201533.jpg

Player Jorge Taufua
Club Sea Eagles
Minute of match 7th
Charge/incident Tripping
Charge grade 1
Penalty points - early plea $1150
Penalty points - guilty $1500
Prior similar offences in last 2 years (50% loading) 0
Misconduct on whom? Tom Opacic

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/06/08/tom-burgess-charged-and-two-others-fined-over-brawl/

Anyone see this :think:

Wow. Just went back to have a look and honestly, there should be 800 incidents per game if that is one.

Jorge rushing up, morgan looks to throw a long pass, jorge jumps up to intercept, morgan goes short and jorge toe clips the ball carriers thigh as jorge falls to the ground.

Basically a $1100 fine for not being able to levitate. What a crock.

Meanwhile.....

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/st...t/news-story/bbd5077c29f11a83a8d7a523f733dea9

League legend Mark Carroll believes “100 per cent” the NRL chose not to suspend Cowboys enforcer Josh McGuire simply because he’s an Origin player, and so as not to harm his availability for game two.

McGuire is facing a maximum $4500 fine for eye gouging Manly centre Dylan Walker on Saturday.

It’s the second time this season he’s been charged by the match review committee for the same offence. He also eye gouged Cameron Munster a few weeks back, and has four similar prior offences against his name.

NRL players are only allowed two fines a season before they are automatically suspended.

But there’s some controversy surrounding his fine, as young Raiders forward Hudson Young was whacked with a five-game suspension for an eye gouge on Aiden Tolman.

“Let’s make it clear ... have they fined him to make him available for Queensland,” Graeme Hughes asked Controversy Corner on Sunday night.

“100 per cent,” replied Blues legend Carroll.

Senior News Corp journalist Phil Rothfield agreed there was something fishy about the NRL’s decision to suspend Young but not McGuire.

“That is a rort. McGuire is a repeat offender and the fact the Canberra kid got five weeks and he got fined is an absolute rort,” Rothfield said.

“I’m going to go to Graham Annesley’s briefing (on Monday) and I’m going to ask about that.

“It’s just wrong.”

Maybe some concern with some edge defence but that was still a well earned and top win by the Manly boys on Saturday night . Stood up to the strong Cowboy"s pack and for most of the i st half had a definite edge . just some ill discipline and lack of possession giving the Cowboys those scoring opportunities late in the half . Then keeping the Cowboys scoreless in the 2nd half , real good effort in the circumstances i reckon . Getting their defence in order was the key before the match as it has been for all of the previous good outcomes for Manly and Saturday night was no exception . Think that Paseka is ready to contribute well for some longer stints , Jet Ski is really more suited to an edge role , Waddell seems more suited in the middle as a sub . Important win, can only help with self belief and to again reinforce the reality that good committed defence gets this side really competitive . Some of the occasional indecisive edge defence can still be fixed , all things being normal .

Player Josh McGuire
Club Cowboys
Minute of match 4th
Charge grade 1

Having seen the video clip on '100% Footy', this penalty (slap on the wrist) for an eye gouge is utterly disgraceful! :mad: :swear:
To make it worse, prior similar offences in last 2 years - 4 @:mad: :swear:

NRL’s head of football Graham Annesley said it was important to look at the offence rather than who has committed them after McGuire was not hit with a more severe eye-gouge charge.

What total crap.

If that's the case why is there carry over points? If someone is a serial offender, then they get higher loadings, etc.

You can't just come out and (soo time) make something up (soo time) to suit (soo time) the nrl's agenda.

It's a cop out to say "Oh well...forget that it is mcGuire, we don't have enough *cough cough* evidence to give that player more of a penalty. Especially when the refs have (had) cheat sheets stating which players usually do what.

Head office, mrc, refs, is there any honourable people in the nrl?

Then to rub it in he went on to complain about 2 non cowboy calls.

Pathetic NRL administration is at it again.
The eye gauge was worthy of the largest fine of the year, but the fact he is a serial offender is not taken into account.
Horrible decision from the QRL oops I mean NRL.

Agreed.
However, I was happy to hear him admit that there is such a rule as a 'knock-back' and that refs have not been ruling these.
Let's hope they take notice because in every match there are so many mistakes made regarding knock-ons.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8