Game Day: Cowboys v Manly [Round 13, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Hit in the air is only applicable when catching a kick on the full. Chez’s kick was a beautiful bouncing grubber.

Think back to when Turbo got taken out after being smashed in the air jumping for a bouncing ball against the Donkeys a couple of seasons ago.
Yeah I didnt think it SHOULD have been ruled that way but I would not have been surprised if it had... my point really was that the refs were a bit sh*te tonight but I dont think they were biased...

Exciting game - great win! Cust probably cemented his place for a while. Left side defence will improve when Parker returns. Whose place will he take?

My apologies for a couple of expletives during that game, just so frustrating to see so many errors, stupid penalties when we have the opposition inside their 30 or late in the tackle count.
As a side note only 1 back made 100m tonight which hurts, so well done to the midweek smoking p!sshead.

Exciting game - great win! Cust probably cemented his place for a while. Left side defence will improve when Parker returns. Whose place will he take?
Cust has been practicing his kicks coz the couple he did were good tonight

Guys lay off Turbo. He has just had two periods off with hamstring problems and little wonder he's tentative and unsure of himself on the field. It will take him weeks to regain his confidence. It was important for him to just get game time and I had earlier suggested Des may give him only half a game to allow him time to get match fit again. He's a champion player. In weeks to come he'll show his worth as long as he doesn't overstretch those hamstrings again

Spot on bearfax before tonite he has only played 1.5 games this year. Was always going to be tentative.

They tried their best, that knock on that travelled backwards disproves Newtons law of motion.
I thought he fumbled the ball trying to pick it up, although he was facing our tryline he did appear to propel it forward

Last edited:
669cb01474aae9d88853160a54118028

Guys lay off Turbo. He has just had two periods off with hamstring problems and little wonder he's tentative and unsure of himself on the field. It will take him weeks to regain his confidence. It was important for him to just get game time and I had earlier suggested Des may give him only half a game to allow him time to get match fit again. He's a champion player. In weeks to come he'll show his worth as long as he doesn't overstretch those hamstrings again
Turbo is open to criticism and he got the basics wrong tonight.:cool:

Catching a high ball = 2 drops
Passing = 3 soft and undirected passes

Sure he'll get better, but he had issues before his lay off on talking bombs and it seems that is still a weakness in his game :confused:

He agreed with our viewpoint of his game in his post match interview :nod:

Great gutsy win.
Penalties in the first half nearly cost us the game, some (at least) I couldn't understand.
Amazing how we turned our discipline around in the second half. Definitely in the last 10-15 minutes I could see the players all very conscious of not giving the refs any excuse to blow the whistle.
I wish we'd be that careful more often, because with an even share of the ball we are a handful for any team.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8