Game Day: Cowboys v Manly [Round 13, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Laugh time folks.....

Cows fans on social media (twits and face) are blowing up big time saying that they were robbed by piss poor refereeing.

Its mind boggling. Yes the refs were crap tonight, but they were definitely crap both ways (who won the penalty count.....:think:). We just took more advantage of the chances we got and the Cows mismanaged the game. They should have taken the 2 with Jetski in the bin, yet didn't and we end up scoring (have to also laugh at Cows fans blowing up that Fainu wasn't penalised for tackling Morgan in mid air when he was trying to defuse Cherry's BOUNCING grubber). Not to mention Green's brain fade in how he used his interchange.

Hooray!

Finally, another win!:)

What's with the ref's game plan to either penalise or give the opposition every call until they score against us? Seems a miracle that Manly have scored the most points in the first quarter of footy this year.

Jorge Taufua ! He's my favourite thing when it comes to the team song (besides the song itself). The crazy shoe banging going on in the background with the hair wild and free is just awesome.

If you haven't seen it, remember the ever helpful @HappilyManly does a whole stack of post game updates and twitter info at the start of these game day threads; which she also nicely creates for us.

Yay!

Manly win
Parra lose
Ash Barty wins!
Toronto beat Golden state meaning a Canadian team is on the cusp of its first ever NBA title!
St Louis have the chance to win the Stanley cup against turd bags Boston in the NHL
Toronto wolfpack playing tomorrow

Shaping up to be a very nice sporting weekend.

Sorry but his defense is historically average, to poor, to crap. Mostly because he is such a self-thought star that he won't follow instruction.

He is not a team person, he is a "me" person.. which was typified by his video game crap with his wife that cost us big.

There is no room for "me" people in a premiership winning TEAM.

Get rid of him!
Strange how you left out the parts about him being a dally m and rep center and premiership winner....

He is not a team person, he is a "me" person.. which was typified by his video game crap with his wife that cost us big.

Get rid of him!

The way I see it is that he has been playing on the left, rather than his preferred right, for the benefit of the team the last 2 weeks. Also (thankfully), he has now taken niggling & sledging out of his game - another adjustment which will help the team.

He is the only game breaking three quarter in our current first grade squad - why get rid of him?

• 🏆
Reactions: Sue
Laugh time folks.....

Cows fans on social media (twits and face) are blowing up big time saying that they were robbed by piss poor refereeing.

Its mind boggling. Yes the refs were crap tonight, but they were definitely crap both ways (who won the penalty count.....:think:). We just took more advantage of the chances we got and the Cows mismanaged the game. They should have taken the 2 with Jetski in the bin, yet didn't and we end up scoring (have to also laugh at Cows fans blowing up that Fainu wasn't penalised for tackling Morgan in mid air when he was trying to defuse Cherry's BOUNCING grubber). Not to mention Green's brain fade in how he used his interchange.

We would be doing the same after those 2 calls, 1 for the strip which was not in the act of scoring even though Suli was over the try line (WTF was Suli thinking if he was trying to score??) and that Cotter no try.

Walker is a dally m center hes played rep football in the centers what wing man cmon.. he is a right center playing left side and hes gets crap service. His defense is usually good but he and jorge are no good together. Scorpio in walker to right center with dce feeding him good ball
His defence was terrible on the right with Garrick, hence why des moved him to left and opted to keep him there. Walker doesn't pass, he is a runner and wing would be his best position. Look at gagai, great centre but an even better winger!!!

The way I see it is that he has been playing on the left, rather than his preferred right, for the benefit of the team the last 2 weeks. Also (thankfully), he has now taken niggling & sledging out of his game - another adjustment which will help the team.

He is the only game breaking three quarter in our current first grade squad - why get rid of him?
I guess because at the moment he is letting in more tries than he scores, he is a liability. Before he came back, our goal line D was a lot better, now on his side there are constant holes, he races out of the line too much. He isn't anything special in attack ATM, hopefully that changes, but Suli's and Parkers hard running is more destructive than walker running from side to side. He might be a good player, but defensive structures were better with Parker and Suli. He played most of his time at souths on the right, so that is no excuse

I honestly don't know what to make of that game. The Cows had horrendous injury toll and basically a reserve grade backline yet we struggled all game.
Despite their injury toll, IMO the cows had plenty of top line players and experience on the field, - Morgan, T'molololololololo, Granville, Feldt, McGuire, McLean, Hess, Cooper, Bolton, Asiata.
Manly beat them and the refs.:D
Apparently a team called the Seagulls won too.

The 2 main problems at the moment are 1. Losing both Taupau and AFB after 25min and replacing them with backrowers. Waddell was ok with Sipley but Gosi and Paseka nah can't do. I'd start with Taupau and Paseka IF he can get himself fitter and inject more agro into him. The Sipley injury was a bad blow.
2. The defense of Cust/Walker /Taufua. It's not working out there and the same on the right side last 2 games with Walker. Des has seriously got to straighten him out and get him to keep in the umbrella or we'll get pumped by the top 6 sides.
Agree on both points Mick. The Sipley injury has really hurt. The defensive flaws hopefully Des can rectify. Brad Parker's defence was great before he got injured and better than what we are seeing now.

Against any of the top 6 teams we would've been flogged.

This year Manly has been able to grind out wins in some close games & their record against the top teams is good, having beaten all but one of teams 2-6 (yet to play the Storm).

On the nrl site replay it doesn’t look forward to Garrick. But I haven’t seen other angles.

Akuila appreciated Dylan's four try assists in this 2017 game against the Bunnies @:)

First try assist 1:21

While you're at it trying to prove me wrong please replay every game walker has played this year and find me how many times walker has passed to his winger instead of running himself. While watching those games let me know how many tries have been scored down Walker's side (left or right)

While you're at it trying to prove me wrong please replay every game walker has played this year and find me how many times walker has passed

Walker is not yet in form, but he'll come good. He has set up at least one try for his winger on the right edge since returning (I think). DCE played last night, but in previous weeks the centres haven't had much good ball from the halves, esp. against the Titans & Panthers when our forwards were out muscled (poor kicking games from the halves contributed to this)

Last edited:
We’ve been average at best since Walker has returned, and played far better as a unit with Hank Scorpio at center.

Parker in for Walker when he’s fit, as far as I’m concerned...
While you're at it trying to prove me wrong please replay every game walker has played this year and find me how many times walker has passed to his winger instead of running himself. While watching those games let me know how many tries have been scored down Walker's side (left or right)
Hes played 3 or 4 games back from a long lay off and what must have been a very stressful time.
I’ve no wrap on the bloke but he is a very very good player.
I said in another thread Parker and Suli have scored about ten tries between them in 3 or 4 seasons. I think Suli has scored two tries at the most for us since he got here.They have been great for us this year but having two blokes on the field who rarely score in the centres is not what I call balance and in a big game you need some xfactor. Dylan has scored about 60 tries in his career ,averaging one every two games. In a different league.A workmanlike three quarter line won’t get the silver wear. All the top sides have explosive 1 to 5s.

Everyone accepts the rocks and diamonds Tommy dishes up because he’s creative and can break a game open. His goal line defense is average and his positioning is also very poor at times but I would not want anyone else back there because he will win you games.
Xerri and Mitchell are also classic examples. Bad defensive reads , plenty of errors but worth their weight in gold.A good footy side is about finding a balance. It’s not a knock on Suli and Parker.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8