Club news

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I understand what you mean by injuries but keeping under performing players in a team only creates complacency and stops the team from progressing .

Also , How do you keep harmony in a squad of 30 players when you are only going to be loyal to 17 ?
So who's been under performing in a team that has climbed the ladder with a bullet?
Some have had the odd ordinary game here and there but nothing deemed drop worthy.

Suli now has his chance to test the loyalty of Des, he may only have two weeks to nail a starting role.

Why is Lionel such a high intensity guy on the field and so quiet and monotone in interviews! Get excited son - we're going all the way!
I ask that question myself....Lionel's so exuberant on the field and yet off it he's quite subdued. It's like he's got a split personality. It was good to hear from him anyway.

I ask that question myself....Lionel's so exuberant on the field and yet off it he's quite subdued. It's like he's got a split personality. It was good to hear from him anyway.
He saves it all for the game. I think he just loves playing footy, and he loves being part of the Manly playing group. They all do. I think our boys are thriving on "being in each other's pockets" as he said. They appear to be a very united squad. All of them.

So who's been under performing in a team that has climbed the ladder with a bullet?
Some have had the odd ordinary game here and there but nothing deemed drop worthy.

Suli now has his chance to test the loyalty of Des, he may only have two weeks to nail a starting role.

The ordinary games from players that you are defending were responsible for Losses to the Knights and the raiders that we were highly favourites to win .We win those 2 games and they would have been our bullet to secure the 4th position on the ladder
Against the Storm our completion and execution let us down badly

Des was quoted in his press conference that the team needs to step up a gear and improve so we can be competitive in the finals and I also see room for improvement as well

Good enough is only good enough for the mediocre !
Striving for excellence is on going and positions on the field should not be owned. They should be on lease

I agree Suli has his chance and if he plays to his potential and does the Monster mash, our left edge will improve and be a more dominant one .

Yeah me too. Boy talk about being let down...:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:
I'd be interested to hear from Harpo as to how he describes his abilities ie. does he regard himself as a good defender, a support player, an attacking player....
Like all on this Forum I love his enthusiasm and his defence. He is a good low tackler and continually nullifies his opponent, many of whom have big reputations. Where did he learn to tackle? Did he play rugby in NZ? He is no speedster but looks to set up his winger which is one reason why Wasabi has scored 20 tries this season.
So, Manly Media Department, if you are looking for a story then may I suggest you dig a little deeper into Harpo's background, and then once this is covered perhaps politely enquiry about how he manages to keep his locks looking so good in lockdown, sans hairdressing access.

I was hoping the Beard of Knowledge would update us on Tenterfield and Andrew Davey as to whether either would be fit enough to be considered for selection this season.

Davey has never been a chance? But Saddler has been advertised as back by r 22 or 23 so why not make a comment about his progress or lack of? Or how is Keppie going, still healthy despite travelling through covid-ravaged parts of the world?
Come on James we need more than your cheerful smile!

Davey has never been a chance? But Saddler has been advertised as back by r 22 or 23 so why not make a comment about his progress or lack of? Or how is Keppie going, still healthy despite travelling through covid-ravaged parts of the world?
Come on James we need more than your cheerful smile!
I've noticed that too...he always leaves someone out! We're now at round 23 and Saddler is conspicuous by his absence.

Just wanted to see if anyone felt a bit like me. After we have an amazing performance I’m ecstatic. But a small part is of me is sad. And that parts growing. Will be the first manly finals series I don’t see in person. Let alone the gf.
Guess I’m just spoilt.
Seriously if we make the Grand Final it will be the first time since 1996 that I haven't been to a Manly Grand Final or After match players party. Very Sad! Great nights and mornings!

I'm sad that I can't go anywhere or do anything, but not so much about the footy. It's a huge bonus that the comp is even running at all.
In fact I can't recall enjoying a Manly season so much. Such spectacular attacking play, and all after such a dismal start, makes it even more fun to watch (albeit on tv)

I'm sad that I can't go anywhere or do anything, but not so much about the footy. It's a huge bonus that the comp is even running at all.
In fact I can't recall enjoying a Manly season so much. Such spectacular attacking play, and all after such a dismal start, makes it even more fun to watch (albeit on tv)
So true. Being in lockdown with no end in sight, and with all the current doom and gloom, the footy is the one positive 'good' thing to focus on and the most enjoyable highlight of the week.

The bonus is Manly's rise up the ladder, helped by how well the young guys are playing, and its great to watch them so happy together. Thank God for the footy and for Manly!

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10