Club news

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
From memory Tony at his best was a fcking frightening beast
Manly Premiership winner
Australian rep player

Enjoy :)

No doubt at his best he was but how often was he at his best?

Prior to his move to the forwards he was holding down a spot in the team going through a golden period so yes, he must've been doing something right but most of us here would say he was an unfulfilled talent.

Suli can't dislodge Harper, Parker, Saab or Garrick. Schuster & Guac are 80min men so that door isn't really open. The bench rotation has changed so can't see him getting a go unless there's an injury.

Whoever has been doing our recruitment in recent times deserves a pay rise. This Lawnton bloke (lol) has turned out to be a gem, same with Harper, Davey looked good before his injury, also Saab. Happy days :)

No doubt at his best he was but how often was he at his best?

Prior to his move to the forwards he was holding down a spot in the team going through a golden period so yes, he must've been doing something right but most of us here would say he was an unfulfilled talent.

Suli can't dislodge Harper, Parker, Saab or Garrick. Schuster & Guac are 80min men so that door isn't really open. The bench rotation has changed so can't see him getting a go unless there's an injury.
As well as injury the other opening is players not performing up to standard

So as I said, I can't see him getting a go unless someone gets injured.
We all know Des is highly unlikely to drop anyone, he's loyal to a fault.
I understand what you mean by injuries but keeping under performing players in a team only creates complacency and stops the team from progressing .

Also , How do you keep harmony in a squad of 30 players when you are only going to be loyal to 17 ?

Revised Schedule Rounds 23-25

Rd 23 Raiders 6 pm Friday 20 August Suncorp

Rd 24 Dogs 1:50 pm Sunday 29 August Redcliffe

Rd 25 Cowboys 5:30 pm Saturday 4 September Townsville

Timing for Rd 25 suits me as I'll be able to watch the game before boarding a 7:20 pm flight Brisbane to Townsville (game originally scheduled for 7:30 pm).

Last edited:
Revised Schedule Rounds 23-25

Rd 23 Raiders 6 pm Friday 20 August Suncorp

Rd 24 Dogs 1:50 pm Sunday 29 August Redcliffe

Rd 25 Cowboys 5:30 pm Saturday 4 September Townsville

Timing for Rd 25 suits me as I'll be able to watch the game before boarding a 7:20 pm flight Brisbane to Townsville (game originally scheduled for 7:30 pm).

At least the team will play one match in daylight where we are more suited.

There's something about forwards that is different.

As a young player my coach would throw a ball in the middle of a group of players and say grab the ball and keep it no matter what, and the ones who got down in close contact and started wrestling for the ball were made forwards, and the other blokes backs. At that age we were all about the same size but the forwards were a different breed.

I don't see Suli as the type who would dive in and wrestle with mongrel. Parker would I reckon, he seems ok with solid contact.
In my days the wingers were wingers because they had no idea on how to tackle but were fast. Essentially Glomesh guys - looked ok to the chicks but were handbag carriers. Fullback was picked because he could catch the high ball and was reasonably fast but couldn't really tackle except a cover tackle. Centres were picked because they were a reasonable size and could make a break... but most couldn't tackle. Half/5/8 were the organisesrs - great organising skills and kicking game and the players as a lightweight lock that I just loved loved to run at... knowing very rarely could any of them knock the top off a rice pudding with a tackle. Stuart Kelly (Parra/Broncos) playing 5/8 for Taroom while I was in Roma being the one difference. Expecting to run over the top of him he almost broke my forearm as I tried to put it through his chest - could tackle. Locks in my day were normally just the guys who made the most tackles - crazy but certainly not great with the ball. Second row were picked because they were bigger could defend and could run a bit. Props were just always the biggest - generally dumbest and slowest and the cannon fodder to take it up into the defence to get smashed... So they were guys who had no brains or feelings (Artie excepted and I did play against him) lol. The hookers job was just to win the scrum - especially against the feed and losse head. They had to have a head like a smashed crab and as hard as a brick with all the headbutts and also had to have a great dummy half pass and be able to burrow over from dummy half. I never had the ball wrestling game to pick the forwards @Shoe1 lol. In general the backs were fairies and couldn't tackle and the forwards were all mean mongrels. Therein lies the difference in those days.

@Brisbane Tragic the ball wrestling game - there would be 3 or 4 blokes going on for 10 minutes trying to claw the ball off one another on the ground, while the rest of us were already passing another ball around, kicking, running another one etc.

I imagine the ball wrestlers all to be like Josh Maguire, and all us other blokes to be like Michael O'Connor. Probably the coach could have picked the team without it, but it was fun to see the pigs at work in the mud.

Another way to pick them would be to see who likes running into blokes, and who tries to run into space instead.

Lionel sings for the media

I wonder when the media will start asking him the important questions, such as:
How does he manage to get a comb through his hair?
Who is doing his perms?
How come the hair on his head is so curly yet that worm under his nose is straight?

@Brisbane Tragic the ball wrestling game - there would be 3 or 4 blokes going on for 10 minutes trying to claw the ball off one another on the ground, while the rest of us were already passing another ball around, kicking, running another one etc.

I imagine the ball wrestlers all to be like Josh Maguire, and all us other blokes to be like Michael O'Connor. Probably the coach could have picked the team without it, but it was fun to see the pigs at work in the mud.

Another way to pick them would be to see who likes running into blokes, and who tries to run into space instead.
yes and us dumb forwards never ran into space - always at someone lol. Backs always were that bit smarter than the forwards

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8