Club news

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We owe it to Suli and ourselves to test him out as a forward. It's something we've been saying for several seasons.
Maybe if he had half the attitude - especially defensively - of the great Matai then maybe.
The fact he's not getting a look in 1st grade behind Harps and Parker is telling to me.

Suli doesn't have the right carry to play prop. He might be big, but it's about how you carry the size as well (effective props are thick through the middle and use it at the defensive line). I think he'd be more effective as an edge backrower in the mould of Tupouniua than a prop but I don't want him making defensive decisions.

Sell.

Still think it unlikely that another club would be prepared to pay his current contract value or much benefit in Manly paying any freight . and again Walker still unsigned. Don 't think that Suli 's last effort against the Dragons a few weeks ago was just an aberration , he can still play and make his presence felt .

I think he’s more of a Tony Williams type player.
Yes, I think I have made the same comment in the past ... T-Rex did play some great games in the forwards though .... but different times .... Suli could be good in short stints off the bench

Suli doesn't have the right carry to play prop. He might be big, but it's about how you carry the size as well (effective props are thick through the middle and use it at the defensive line). I think he'd be more effective as an edge backrower in the mould of Tupouniua than a prop but I don't want him making defensive decisions.

Sell.
There's something about forwards that is different.

As a young player my coach would throw a ball in the middle of a group of players and say grab the ball and keep it no matter what, and the ones who got down in close contact and started wrestling for the ball were made forwards, and the other blokes backs. At that age we were all about the same size but the forwards were a different breed.

I don't see Suli as the type who would dive in and wrestle with mongrel. Parker would I reckon, he seems ok with solid contact.

There's something about forwards that is different.

As a young player my coach would throw a ball in the middle of a group of players and say grab the ball and keep it no matter what, and the ones who got down in close contact and started wrestling for the ball were made forwards, and the other blokes backs. At that age we were all about the same size but the forwards were a different breed.

I don't see Suli as the type who would dive in and wrestle with mongrel. Parker would I reckon, he seems ok with solid contact.
Yeah you’ve hit the nail on the head here. You look Radradra and to a lesser extent Sivo and they are brutal with their carries and so hard to stop but there is still something about them that screams ‘outside back’.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8