Check out the ladder

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Counting last years games creates a false equivalence IMO.

Same club but different team.

Different coaching staff. Foran, Walker, Taupau, no Turbo, No Saab etc etc

Now people can argue we are better off or worse off but the point is we are different.

Different team? Let's see, full strength how many different players we have from last season?

1. Turbo (same)
2. Saab (same)
3. Koula (same)
4. Parker (same)
5. Garrick (same)
6. Schuster (same)
7. DCE (same)
8. Jake (same)
9. Croker (same)
10. Paseka (same)
11. Olakau'atu (same)
12. Tuilagi (NEW)
13. Aloiai (same)

14. Lawton (same)
15. Keppie (same)
16. Burbo (same)
17. Bullemor (same)

I mean, one IS different - I guess. I spoke about attitude, culture and the like. Given the nominal turnover here, particularly with key players, I don't see much change.

18. Sipley (same)
19. Weekes (same)
20. Tuipulotu (same)
21. Vaega (same)
22. Harper (same)
23. Boyle (same)
24. Fainu (same)
25. GCKT (same)
26. Forget who.
27. Arthur (New) - been here 1 game
28. Johns (New)
29. Woods (New) - but has been in BT
30. Condon (New) - but has been in BT

Given the above, how can you suggest the team or anything is different?.It's the same crap. Players who look like they are already on the beach. Complete lack of effort. I'd actually suggest with the small amount of player turnover, quality wise we've regressed.

Last edited:
The 22 side had 9 wins to finish ironically 11th on 20 points, even with Jersey gate, this 23 side still has to win 5 more to finish with a better result, looking through the second half draw, taking in origin, injuries and our roster, I really see us struggling to improve on 22’s result, in fact I‘m thinking we probably fall short.

If or when our chance to play finals footy seems over, going on the end of last year and our ability to play long minutes this year, (particularly as other sides ramp up towards Sep) I fear what the end of this season might produce. If this side can’t find some bloody fight and self belief it could get ugly and 16th isn’t out of the question, maybe only the Goons save us from a spoon.

The 22 side had 9 wins to finish ironically 11th on 20 points, even with Jersey gate, this 23 side still has to win 5 more to finish with a better result, looking through the second half draw, taking in origin, injuries and our roster, I really see us struggling to improve on 22’s result, in fact I‘m thinking we probably fall short.

If or when our chance to play finals footy seems over, going on the end of last year and our ability to play long minutes this year, (particularly as other sides ramp up towards Sep) I fear what the end of this season might produce. If this side can’t find some bloody fight and self belief it could get ugly and 16th isn’t out of the question, maybe only the Goons save us from a spoon.

Good summation mate. Tough / harsh, but honestly fair and realistic.

We've won 5 from 19 (since jersey gate).
If anyone thinks we'll win 8 of 12 (and magically turn around the attitude, culture, form and injuries), I'll have what their having haha.
Yeah but why pick that as your starting point?
I could tell you Manly has won 30 (plus a draw) and lost only 25 since Turbo made his comeback in 2021. And that's despite the fact he missed 18 of those 56 games! And despite the effect of jerseygate.
So if Turbo remains firing and Schu improves as the year rolls on - both reasonable possibilities - then certainly Manly will make the finals.
And you're welcome to have some of what I'm having :)

We are currently paying $3.50 to make the 8.

Make of that what you will.

Curiously, the despised outsiders are St. Merge at $46. Someone has a really low opinion of them because the Tigpies are at $17.

Curiously, the despised outsiders are St. Merge at $46. Someone has a really low opinion of them because the Tigpies are at $17.
St Merge have managed to lower their colors on their own by lying dead last on the ladder

We are currently paying $3.50 to make the 8.

Make of that what you will.

And $1.30 to miss the 8 (thats pretty short odds on)

My take on the $3.50 to make the 8..…no thanks

And not so curiously St Merge are the $1.80 Fav’s for the spoon

Last edited:
If they dont, it gives fans a false impression of how poorly their teams are playing.

It's fine, I dont get why people get so riled up about it. It really doesnt make too much of a difference.
How about this, at the start of the season rd1, each team are given their full allotment of points from all of the byes...just another variation that could be worth considering.

Different team? Let's see, full strength how many different players we have from last season?

1. Turbo (same)
2. Saab (same)
3. Koula (same)
4. Parker (same)
5. Garrick (same)
6. Schuster (same)
7. DCE (same)
8. Jake (same)
9. Croker (same)
10. Paseka (same)
11. Olakau'atu (same)
12. Tuilagi (NEW)
13. Aloiai (same)

14. Lawton (same)
15. Keppie (same)
16. Burbo (same)
17. Bullemor (same)

I mean, one IS different - I guess. I spoke about attitude, culture and the like. Given the nominal turnover here, particularly with key players, I don't see much change.

18. Sipley (same)
19. Weekes (same)
20. Tuipulotu (same)
21. Vaega (same)
22. Harper (same)
23. Boyle (same)
24. Fainu (same)
25. GCKT (same)
26. Forget who.
28. Johns (New)

Given the above, how can you suggest the team or anything is different?.It's the same crap. Players who look like they are already on the beach. Complete lack of effort. I'd actually suggest with the small amount of player turnover, quality wise we've regressed.
Oh please, you said from pride gate onwards, but now you want to include Turbo and Saab and have Shuster at 5/8 etc etc etc.

As I said, we aren't going great but throwing in that period with a squad in turmoil and a busted team is not strengthening your point, it is devaluing it.

Rafferty old son, you don’t rule.;)

I have now put you into an ‘online basket’, in the select company of Bob Dylan. A few weeks ago Bob predicted Manly wouldn’t win another game this year. Then they thrashed the Raiders.

Hoping your ‘woe is us/glass half empty’ approach goes the same way.:)

1. Turbo (same)
2. Saab (same)
3. Koula (same)
4. Parker (same)
5. Garrick (same)
6. Schuster (same)
7. DCE (same)
8. Jake (same)
9. Croker (same)
10. Paseka (same)
11. Olakau'atu (same)
12. Tuilagi (NEW)
13. Aloiai (same)

14. Lawton (same)
15. Keppie (same)
16. Burbo (same)
17. Bullemor (same)

18. Sipley (same)
19. Weekes (same)
20. Tuipulotu (same)
21. Vaega (same)
22. Harper (same)
23. Boyle (same)
24. Fainu (same)
25. GCKT (same)
26. Forget who.
28. Johns (New)

Our teams from the last 6 weeks of last season.

Excluding the entirely changed coaching staff.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230531_114806_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20230531_114806_Gmail.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 16
We are currently in a dog fight for bottom 4.

IF Turbo or DCE pick up a(nother) major injury we will fight it out for the spoon.

Top 8 is a pipedream and would require all of players fit and firing for the remainder of the season.

I have no idea where we really are on the table anyway. The NRL is a deadset joke. You've got 4 teams who haven't had a bye at all playing this weekend while 3 teams who've already had 1 bye are having another. It's absurd.

Being a passionate footy team supporter should afford the need for therapy from time to time. The best therapy being consistent winning

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4