Channel Nine axe The Footy Show after 24 years on air

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Haven't watched it in years. bit rough on fatty though not to give him a decent send off but seems to be the norm for Manly players anyway. Molan is just annoying so too that canetoad queen Yvonne simpleton. League life is just fluff. Matty Johns and the Professor need to be dumped in the trash with it. NRL 360 and Sunday footy show are only decent shows except for those dribblers Johns and Fittler. Felch and Hindass are about as funny as a fart in windstorm. Last but not least the Queenslanders Only show on Fox. What retarded jackrabbit thought up that bunch of excrement. Must've recruited the writers from the local mental hospital.

As most of you know from what I have said many times, I'm too cheap to get Foxtel so whatever Nein dishes up is what I take because living in Adelaide its about the ONLY mainstream league coverage we get outside of game telecasts.

But I will say this. TFS went from being about football to being about general silliness long ago. You know its bad when they get a cricketer to be the co-host, then get a woman to be the co-host in the hope of attracting more viewers.

But I do have one question. Why on earth is Erin Molan going to be the new host? What, is she having it off with the program manager(s) over at Nein or something? The woman is hopeless. Her 'breaking news' scoops come straight from Google or what has already been posted on social media. She's not even a commentator at games and her knowledge of the game seems to come from the fact that she's a life long Raiders fan....a club Nein largely ignores unless they have their once in a decade run towards the finals.

I'm sure he played 5/8 for Australia in a Test once. If you ask him he'll tell you all about it no doubt, complete with head wobble.

Close, but not quite correct. Fatty captained Australia in 3 minor games on the 1989 mid-season tour of New Zealand (by this stage of his career, tour captain Wally Lewis' body was so stuffed that the 3 tests were all he could handle). One of the games, a 28-10 win over Wellington at the Basin Reserve, he played 5/8. He played lock in 4 of the other 5 games on the tour (one at 2nd row), including the 3-0 series win over the Kiwis.

Last edited:
So true..............if you're going to go all PC and throw a woman into the mix........................surely at least opt for a looker!!

Exactly!!

Look, I appreciate Erin, Lara and Vonnie actually do know their footy, the others on Fox come from other sports backgrounds, so it’s not all about looks BUT........

I've heard Pamela David, the Italian Match of the Day presenter has put her hand up to be the new anchor.
BqUteyBCMAAXLuX.jpg

Hindy and Fletch become positively grating by seasons end.
Tallis is just boring and Matt Johns....
Honestly just don't see it with him.
He spends most of his time falsely p*ssing himself laughing over stuff that's at best, mildly amusing.
I've heard more sincere laughter on Here's Lucy...
I can't stand Matt john's he's not funny and like you said just false laughs at stuff that's not even funny. see him doing that afl guy fmd that's not 1 bit funny and he's still doing it. Hindy is a twat and fletch will do anything for a buck.. guy looks like he lives under a bridge

Who give a rats, if you want to see quality footy entertainment, it’s Fox all day... Well done to Fatty, a legend Manly player, and has run hard, done good since.

I'm not a fan of the show, but seriously what is the hype and hoopla about Erin Molan? Hosting a league show - that will really get the veiwers back - more political crap bullsh*t.... I personally don't even think she is a good sort. She provides nothing in terms of player insights, experience, game analysis etc. Her 'breaking news' and updates are done via Google.... about as useful as a chocolate teapot.
She has no gag reflex?

Last edited:
Hannah Hollis irritates me the most. Whenever she is on any Fox league segment with ex players she tries really really hard to sound insightful and knowledgeable, more often than not offering a viewpoint that flies in the face of what the ex players are saying and ends up sounding stupid. Also she’s constantly on edge looking for any chance to hijack the conversation. Chris Lawrence’s sister sh2ts me no end as well. Oh for the days of the Moose! Now old Rex called a spade a spade, and was openly biased to all things concerning Manly.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8