Channel Nine axe The Footy Show after 24 years on air

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Very low form particularly after more than 20 years of employment.
Big disappointment for me personally as I really enjoyed some parts of the show for as long as its existed. There'll be very little footy shows left now for those of us with no pay TV. Sad news...
You're not missing much on Fox.
As I said 360 and then daylight.....

Will definitely miss it, and also the amusement of people who "haven't watched the show for years" being able to give a rundown on the problems with it from week to week, that always cracked me up

For commentary of matches, I get over to the 9 commentary as often as I can, their crew is a lot better than the majority of the fox mob, give me Ray Warren farting over Warren smith talking any day of the week

The loss of the footy show in its current format is a blow to grass roots footy and also quite a few chartiries like the children's hospitals etc that they raised millions for,the Fox shows do absolutely nothing for those areas of the game which are already in decline in many areas
ray Warren farting over Warren Smith LOL fuk oath

footy show best s3gment small talk with big marn. funny how a show about footy wasn't even about footy.. The Fox shows like professor and Matt john's show are absolutely woeful especially the professor. who the fuk is he any way some dead**** with a beard who isn't funny. Hindu and fletch are disgraceful humans

Will definitely miss it, and also the amusement of people who "haven't watched the show for years" being able to give a rundown on the problems with it from week to week, that always cracked me up

For commentary of matches, I get over to the 9 commentary as often as I can, their crew is a lot better than the majority of the fox mob, give me Ray Warren farting over Warren smith talking any day of the week

The loss of the footy show in its current format is a blow to grass roots footy and also quite a few chartiries like the children's hospitals etc that they raised millions for,the Fox shows do absolutely nothing for those areas of the game which are already in decline in many areas
Yeah biggest loss will be kids footy segment. In the early days it was great with likes of roach, sterlo even chief. But went downhill for long time. Problem I mentioned to mrs when watching it, hey simply refused to move on from fatty era and blocks from that era while fox has matt johns, fletch, Hindy, beaver

Sterlo has gone back to 9, so he'll do the RL substance show.

Molan will get the human interest show to go up against the Fox League Life Show - this is just a gaggle of irritating women :sick:
seriously but who the hell cares what these woman think about football none have laced a boot and it's a man's game fullstop. imagine woman being forced to watch blokes talk about net ball LOL this world we live in is sliding just like ch nein

Yeah biggest loss will be kids footy segment. In the early days it was great with likes of roach, sterlo even chief. But went downhill for long time. Problem I mentioned to mrs when watching it, hey simply refused to move on from fatty era and blocks from that era while fox has matt johns, fletch, Hindy, beaver

Yeah for sure and a few other things like the grassroots footage they'd show each week, times where they'd go out to a local club that's struggling and do it up etc

Plenty of stories where sick or disabled children got their dream day out at the footy with some of their heroes.

Plenty of talk about how there was zero league content, some of the most powerful league stories I've seen have been on that show, recent memory being the Fifita interview, the investigation into why young footy players are committing suicide, the interview with the family of the guy that died in a game in Queensland after a high tackle to name a few

The show wasn't perfect, but the "I didn't watch it so great that's it's gone" take on things is extremely short sighted. Losing things like the Footy Show and Rugby League Week is less of a presence in the market

Last edited:
footy show best s3gment small talk with big marn. funny how a show about footy wasn't even about footy.. The Fox shows like professor and Matt john's show are absolutely woeful especially the professor. who the fuk is he any way some dead**** with a beard who isn't funny. Hindu and fletch are disgraceful humans
Hindy and Fletch become positively grating by seasons end.
Tallis is just boring and Matt Johns....
Honestly just don't see it with him.
He spends most of his time falsely p*ssing himself laughing over stuff that's, at best, mildly amusing.
I've heard more sincere laughter on Here's Lucy...

Last edited:
seriously but who the hell cares what these woman think about football none have laced a boot and it's a man's game fullstop. imagine woman being forced to watch blokes talk about net ball LOL this world we live in is sliding just like ch nein
I'll stop posting then :lipssealed: or not :giggle:

The only woman I like to listen to is that girl on the Sunday Footy Show.

Jillaroo Allana Ferguson, who has great read on plays, Teams and players :clap:

I like footy shows that talk about footy, I don’t have the need to be “ entertained” by a bunch of ex football players trying to be comedians.

I quite like NRL360 on Fox, as to the rest of the **** they put on......meh!

Last edited:
Erin molan is going to suffer from over exposure before too long.
OK so it probably needed a revamp but to tell a bloke after all these years he sacked while on holidays is gutless and poor form.
I now hope Fox get into the over staffed, laugh at your own jokes charades like the Matty Johns show and the professors waste of air space.
360 is about the only decent one left.
I did like league life till they repeated their questions to DCE.
I'll stick to over they black dot on nitv.

Rant over !!!

I'm not a fan of the footy show but I find Erin Moylan as annoying as f**k!!

I'm not a fan of the footy show but I find Erin Moylan as annoying as f**k!!
Not sure I go quite that far yet NL but I will about half way through the year.
The same as anyone that they drown us with as the next big thing.
A really stupid reason given in one article I read on this subject was that she was given this job to appeal to the female audience.
Ffs the women I know all love rugby league, except one who doesn't care either way, and they don't watch a particular show because it's hosted by a woman. They just want to watch a good footy show.
If I'm wrong then the ST girls can tear me apart.
Hmmmm........ kinda makes me hope I'm wrong !!

Yeah for sure and a few other things like the grassroots footage they'd show each week, times where they'd go out to a local club that's struggling and do it up etc

Plenty of stories where sick or disabled children got their dream day out at the footy with some of their heroes.

Plenty of talk about how there was zero league content, some of the most powerful league stories I've seen have been on that show, recent memory being the Fifita interview, the investigation into why young footy players are committing suicide, the interview with the family of the guy that died in a game in Queensland after a high tackle to name a few

The show wasn't perfect, but the "I didn't watch it so great that's it's gone" take on things is extremely short sighted. Losing things like the Footy Show and Rugby League Week is less of a presence in the market
Correct its 3 hour of content game loses.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8