Channel Nine axe The Footy Show after 24 years on air

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hannah Hollis irritates me the most. Whenever she is on any Fox league segment with ex players she tries really really hard to sound insightful and knowledgeable, more often than not offering a viewpoint that flies in the face of what the ex players are saying and ends up sounding stupid. Also she’s constantly on edge looking for any chance to hijack the conversation. Chris Lawrence’s sister sh2ts me no end as well. Oh for the days of the Moose! Now old Rex called a spade a spade, and was openly biased to all things concerning Manly.
It's her forehead that scares me. Is she related to Nate?

20 years of service you would expect them to call a meeting and tell you to your face and give you a chance to say bye to everyone, not kick you out whilst your on holiday, probably have Fenech drop off your personal belongings

I can't stand Molan and refuse to watch anything with her in it.

At SoO in would rather listen to the Fat then Wally Lewis or Lockyer any day of the week.

Whilst we are playing musical chairs Send Corey Parker to 9 so I don't have to listen to him dribble QLD into every topic

MV5BMjE2NTUzMDk4NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDA5NjU1MTE@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,800,1000_AL_.jpg

Sorry to hear about the death of the footy show.

It’s been a Thursday night staple of mine for years!

While perhaps not perfect entertainment, it represented something bogan yet lovely and familiar like Roses chocolates, spag bowl and servo flowers on Valentine’s Day.

I knew when it hit the tv my week was almost done and I could crack an extra coldie and take the brain out for a while.

RIP.

You're so spot on............

This is my theory on Erin Moylan.............she's non threatening

She's not too bright
She's not at all good looking
Her voice is as whiney as ****
And she knows very little about anything

So basically all the wives and girlfriends are happy for us to watch knowing there is zip all chance of any blood flow!

Now imagine if Miss double double D from Italy was hosting..................

A certain wealthy accountant's missus, certainly didn't see our Erin as non threatening

Stopped watching it between molan,fatty,& ryan They have no knowledge of rugby league.Fletcher on the matty johns show is the same but at least he’s funny.

A certain wealthy accountant's missus, certainly didn't see our Erin as non threatening

Yeah who figures.................it's a strange phenomenon ...............the need for rich and/or successful men to occasionally slum it!!!

A few that spring to mind........Hugh Grant, Wayne Rooney, Prince Charles, Big Arnie

Stopped watching it between molan,fatty,& ryan They have no knowledge of rugby league.Fletcher on the matty johns show is the same but at least he’s funny.

Just a quick example of how much Fatty doesn't know league.....in Nein's post game chat after our round 1 thumping by the Dogs in 2016 he picked straight away that Walker should have been in the centres and Killer at 5/8 and he basically said until we did that, we'd struggle and low and behold, he was spot on. But I guess he had no idea right?

The reality is that for someone with no formal training other than calling games and being regarded as funny, Fatty really did have a bloody good run. He's actually the longest serving host of the same show in Australian television history.

But if Nein seriously think that having a show or shows hosted by Erin Molan is going to get ratings.....they are either suffering from delusions of grandeur or she is giving good service to one or more of the managers at the station.

I am going to sit here and wait for the discussion on any male league presenter looks (arguments about a lack of knowledge are fair )

I am going to sit here and wait for the discussion on any male league presenter looks (arguments about a lack of knowledge are fair )

Let’s not forget we ARE males , let’s leave to the ladies to discuss that!

That’s in fact what I was suggesting, let the ladies commentate on the males.

@niccipops @HappilyManly Eagle @yokahontas @HappilyManly

And leave us for the females
Interesting fact: we don't take any notice of the male presenter's appearance :shake:

Once I did an NRL survey on presenters and my grading on Beau resulted in them calling me to ask why.
I told them that I thought Beau was irritating and had no footy credentials to impress anyone with :D

Don't find him appealing in any way but objectively, he is the best looking of all the male presenters. :sick:

So fortunately, appearance of the presenter is not a criteria for me :tmi:

Just a quick example of how much Fatty doesn't know league.....in Nein's post game chat after our round 1 thumping by the Dogs in 2016 he picked straight away that Walker should have been in the centres and Killer at 5/8 and he basically said until we did that, we'd struggle and low and behold, he was spot on. But I guess he had no idea right?
Yeah so did my 3 year old son.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6