Channel Nine axe The Footy Show after 24 years on air

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

tookey

First Grader
About 20 years late

Channel Nine is set to axe the Logie-award winning The Footy Showafter 24 years on-air with founding host Paul Vautin told he will not be part of a revamped program on Thursday nights.

Fairfax Media can reveal Footy Show executive producer Glenn Pallister this week told Vautin, who is holidaying in the US, that the long-running program would make way for a new one-hour program headed by co-host Erin Molan.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rug...ow-after-24-years-on-air-20171017-gz2i8h.html

Maybe Fatty will throw his hat in the ring for the CEO job now that he will have some spare time.

Been on for 24 years, been
giphy.gif

for about 23.9...

"Next year, Nine will broadcast 23 live matches on Thursday nights."
WTF is that all about?

Erin molan is going to suffer from over exposure before too long.
OK so it probably needed a revamp but to tell a bloke after all these years he sacked while on holidays is gutless and poor form.
I now hope Fox get into the over staffed, laugh at your own jokes charades like the Matty Johns show and the professors waste of air space.
360 is about the only decent one left.
I did like league life till they repeated their questions to DCE.
I'll stick to over they black dot on nitv.

Rant over !!!

Dunno if the title of this thread is right.

Reports are saying Fatty is gone (thank goodness) but the show will get a revamp.

I'm not a fan of the show, but seriously what is the hype and hoopla about Erin Molan? Hosting a league show - that will really get the veiwers back - more political crap bullsh*t.... I personally don't even think she is a good sort. She provides nothing in terms of player insights, experience, game analysis etc. Her 'breaking news' and updates are done via Google.... about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

Biggest question is who still watches channel 9?
I do when Rabs is commentating, like his voice, and their graphics better.

If I was a critique Fox League looks too sharp and straight imo, although then again, anything that shows rugby league is good enough

Will definitely miss it, and also the amusement of people who "haven't watched the show for years" being able to give a rundown on the problems with it from week to week, that always cracked me up

For commentary of matches, I get over to the 9 commentary as often as I can, their crew is a lot better than the majority of the fox mob, give me Ray Warren farting over Warren smith talking any day of the week

The loss of the footy show in its current format is a blow to grass roots footy and also quite a few chartiries like the children's hospitals etc that they raised millions for,the Fox shows do absolutely nothing for those areas of the game which are already in decline in many areas

Erin molan is going to suffer from over exposure before too long.
OK so it probably needed a revamp but to tell a bloke after all these years he sacked while on holidays is gutless and poor form.
I now hope Fox get into the over staffed, laugh at your own jokes charades like the Matty Johns show and the professors waste of air space.
360 is about the only decent one left.
I did like league life till they repeated their questions to DCE.
I'll stick to over they black dot on nitv.

Rant over !!!
Erin (daughter of Dial-a-Quote Jim Molan*) was a bit of a fatty herself when she worked for WIN Canberra.

Since then she’s been through the TCN 9 Finishing School.

*He ran the war in Iraq. Just ask him, he will tell you.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Very low form particularly after more than 20 years of employment.
Big disappointment for me personally as I really enjoyed some parts of the show for as long as its existed. There'll be very little footy shows left now for those of us with no pay TV. Sad news...

Garbage television...

every segment was sponsored by a company and came with a 5 minute plug and disclosure that went longer than the 30 second segment.

Also, Beau Ryan walking down the main street of some derelict town, talking to gummy bears and mixing sexual innuendo into every conversation is not entertainment.

Stupid piece of crap that should have been flushed before I was born!

Sterlo has gone back to 9, so he'll do the RL substance show.

Molan will get the human interest show to go up against the Fox League Life Show - this is just a gaggle of irritating women :sick:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8