Channel Nine axe The Footy Show after 24 years on air

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Apart from manly games what analysis does he give on the other games not much from what i see.Brohman is the only one with a bit of knowledge.

The same Daryl Brohman who was saying that the Storm were playing all over Manly and were looking the much better side during the first half of the 2008 GF? How did that one turn out?

He wasn't called Fatty for nothing.. Someone looked and judged him on it.

According to Fatty's book.....when Arko was showing him around the club after signing him, they were in (I think) the club gym and walked past Graham Eadie and Freddy Jones. They looked at who was with Arko and Fred remarked to Wombat....."who's that fatty?" and the name stuck.

There have been rumors about him getting his nickname from a shower scene. But yes the book one seems more plausible.

There have been rumors about him getting his nickname from a shower scene. But yes the book one seems more plausible.

In the words of former motor racing commentator Mike "Peter Griffin" Raymond......I'm not touching that one with a barge pole :rofl:

Personally i have very rarely watched the Footy show over the past ten tears or so but the show and its various format"s have still done remarkably well to last and sustain itself for all of that time . Pete Sterlo clearly mentioned many years ago that the main emphasis of the show was or would be more entertainment based then straight footy orientated so i guess that there was always going to be a certain shelf life with this situation . Still of course did and managed some good and positive segments over the years and each to their own but on the few occasions that i watched it , i actually did not mind some of Beau Ryan"s comedy pieces and of course at certain times Fatty could be a natural entertainer as well . Again i personally will not miss it but quite a few people that i have heard comments from [ and would probably be reasonably representative, in general ] indicate that they are going to miss it .

That’s in fact what I was suggesting, let the ladies commentate on the males.

@niccipops @HappilyManly Eagle @yokahontas @HappilyManly

And leave us for the females
I'm a female and, for what its worth, I don't get why 9 has chosen Erin Molan to replace Fatty o_O Imo the Footy Show should be hosted by a male, but there isn't much 'talent' available. The only viable one for me is Fatty :p

2 years ago Yvonne Sampson hosted a footy-type show on 9 (before she unfortunately went to Fox) called NRL Footy Classifieds, which I didn't mind. Just saying....

So Molan is front and centre taking shots at Dave Taylor's appearance.
Anyone going to White Knight for DT?
If she is going to give it, needs to be prepared to take it

Bet your bottom dollar if it was the other way around they would have to apologise and would probably be removed from the show. Poor form but it's just another reason why their ratings are dropping.

It was poor form by the whole panel

Last edited:
According to Fatty's book.....when Arko was showing him around the club after signing him, they were in (I think) the club gym and walked past Graham Eadie and Freddy Jones. They looked at who was with Arko and Fred remarked to Wombat....."who's that fatty?" and the name stuck.

I heard somewhere years ago that he was named after “Fatty Arbuckle”. I never knew who that was and only looked it up now when I saw this discussion. Is that in the book?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roscoe_Arbuckle

So Molan is front and centre taking shots at Dave Taylor's appearance.
Anyone going to White Knight for DT?
If she is going to give it, needs to be prepared to take it
It was a 'Man Shake' weekly segment on the Sunday Footbal Show, not the Thursday show.

Sterlo, Freddy and Joel Cain were the ones doing the fat shaming, but Erin is the host and could have diverted the conversation.

Apart from ridiculing Taylor's enormous (see Glen Lazarus) weight gain, I would question the Capras' doctor on how Taylor can safely run around in the heat.o_O

https://www.9now.com.au/nrl-sunday-footy-show/2018/episode-23

Last edited:
It was a 'Man Shake' weekly segment on the Sunday Footbal Show, not the Thursday show.

Sterlo, Freddy and Joel Cain were the ones doing the fat shaming, but Erin is the host and could have diverted the conversation.

Apart from ridiculing Taylor's enormous (see Glen Lazarus) weight gain, I would question the Capras' doctor on how Taylor can safely run around in the heat.o_O

You haven't had the coaltrain around for a few barbies and beers have you @mozgrame ??

Bet your bottom dollar if it was the other way around they would have to apologise and would probably be removed from the show. Poor form but it's just another reason why their ratings are dropping.

It was poor form by the whole panel
I only seen the clip online.

I don't buy the BS excuse she thought it was going to be a segment of him scoring a try but the clip was swapped or whatever.

I knew this was Sunday and not Thursday but didnt want to create a new thread.

Didn't Matthew John's get fired for having consenting group sex 5-10 years after the fact. Then they did the whole interview thing, what a load of tripe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8