Can we beat a top 3 / 4 side?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If we were all fit & no suspensions we have a chance of a top for win.

As we are we have more chance of watching the pope lay an egg live on nine news tonight.

The debate then would be is Des picking our best 17 players :)

So sad, just when we sadly accepted we couldn’t beat top 4 and now we can’t beat top 8.

It’s hard to accept such mediocrity from some really ordinary players like Keppie, Harper and Tapau.

Look at the ladder right now. Only team we could beat is probably rabbitohs. It's going to be between us and rabbitohs with who gets the 8th spot and plays finals. We are a fringe 8 team this year.

Premiership hunt is delayed to 2023.

This is what we have all been waiting for.
After two good wins against Neville and Nobody we come up against the big improvers, the Cowboys.

Time to deliver. Go Manly!!

This week should give us our best opportunity to beat a top four side. I think we are developing the capacity to win against all teams (excepting perhaps Panthers and Storm right now). A win this week against the Cowboys could set us up for a run into the finals. I don't see either the Broncos or Cowboys finishing top four at season's end.

Last edited:
We are currently listed as slight outsiders for the Cow game, looks like a perfect scenario for our best performance of the year so far. Couple of recent wins should ensure a decent crowd to rev the players up.
This week should give us our best opportunity to beat a top four side. I think we are developing the capacity to win against all teams (excepting perhaps we Panthers and Storm right now). A win this week against the Cowboys could set us up for a run into the finals. I don't see either the Broncos or Cowboys finishing top four at season's end.
Shame we only get the 5 day turnaround... very winnable game at home though. Fresh legs in Paseka hopefully back

No. Until our play the ball gets faster and we have a balanced team I can't see us beating any top 4 teams. If we get close the ref will decide the outcome like the Eels game.

We are not a top 4 team without turbo!

Just sayin’
Turbo is such a great player and he does make a difference

What also makes a difference is the improvement of our players

Garrick may not be Tom but his game at the back is improving and he is making a difference to our team

Now if all our players find it in them selves to play above their wieght and out of their skin

We will be in with a chance to do the Eagle Rock in the big dance

We may not be beating the best teams at the moment but we are winning and gaining confidence and momentum to challenge the tops teams

The moral of the story here is .....
Let us not focus on Tom as he is gone
Let us focus on our potential from now on

I think this week will be the perfect measuring stick…
Cowboys are the weakest team In the top 4… we’ve already been smashed by the broncos ,panthers and storm, but the cowboys are very beatable..

If they beat us… regardless of the refereeing or other excuses, it will nail home our problem for even the most outspoken opponents of the “can’t beat a top team” debate..

I personally think we will struggle, as cows play with more heart and more intent than manly do at the moment, but I don’t think they will smash us… we should be right in this contest, and if we’re blown off the park by yet another top 4 side, it just proves this squad just hasn’t got what it takes

I think this week will be the perfect measuring stick…
Cowboys are the weakest team In the top 4… we’ve already been smashed by the broncos ,panthers and storm, but the cowboys are very beatable..

If they beat us… regardless of the refereeing or other excuses, it will nail home our problem for even the most outspoken opponents of the “can’t beat a top team” debate..

I personally think we will struggle, as cows play with more heart and more intent than manly do at the moment, but I don’t think they will smash us… we should be right in this contest, and if we’re blown off the park by yet another top 4 side, it just proves this squad just hasn’t got what it takes
Our next game against the 3rd placed Cowboys is certainly a test of character for us

Our next game will be a defying moment in our finals aspirations

We are 9th on the ladder with a minus 2 differential

We can not afford another loss

We can not rely on other teams ahead of us losing

Our Destiny is in our Character

We can beat any team on the day, providing:
1. We don't get penalised twice in the first 2 minutes and hang our heads
2. We get better than 50/50 calls from the ref
3. The bounce of the ball goes our way.
Agreed 100% ,we are hard to beat if we play set for set against any team .All the games we have lost were because we made more simple errors like drop balls ,six agains etc. than any of the teams we have lost against .Bring on the Cowgirls .

The next game ( at home ) is very winnable.

Cowboys are flying but it’s a long trip from Townsville and they’ll face a hostile away crowd on a small ground.

We were pretty average in the first half on Sunday but they did get better as the Tigers intensity dropped off.

Don’t think the Cows will get a drop off so we will need to be fired up for 80 minutes.

I’ve been negative lately but there’s some signs things are improving.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6