Can we beat a top 3 / 4 side?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Who's faults that ? They got 40 points scored on them for Ill discipline.

Sorry, I can't celebrate stupidity on the field. We.also had quite a few passengers tonight who should have stepped up.

That said, there WERE some stand out performers also (Foz, DCE)

But it's that inconsistency in the playing group that's crueling us.
It's definitely not the ****ing coaches fault.
You don't need to celebrate this loss ,yes.
But I am happy with that loss ,we had 12 men for the whole game ,it always was going to
eat us away at the end ,it's simple math.
Very happy with the heart shown tonight & even though it is a loss ,I feel it could be one
of those games which solidifies something in the team and makes us better.

1.Turbo
2.Tui
3.Parker
4.Koula
5.Garrick
6.Foz
7.Dce.
8.Aloiai
9.Croker
10.Paseka
11.Olakau'atu
12.Schuster.
13.Jake

14.Walker
15.Davey
16.Sipley
17.Keppie

18.Lawton

This team here ,I would be very confident with.
The new right side stiffens up that leaky right defense from Saab and Harper ,whilst still maintaining potential devastating attack with both speed ,youth and power.

Last edited:
As I said in the game day thread ... you can pretty much always expect something dumb from Marty in our first set after we score. Its almost like clockwork. It will either be a dropped ball, or a stupid, not needed attempt to pass/offload like he did tonight.

For someone of his experience, his discipline with the ball in hand sucks.
We will be a better side with him gone tbh .

But I am happy with that loss ,we had 12 men for the whole game ,it always was going to
Very happy with the heart shown tonight & even though it is a loss ,I feel it could be one

1.Turbo
2.Tui
3.Parker
4.Koula
5.Garrick
6.Foz
7.Dce.
8.Aloiai
9.Croker
10.Paseka
11.Olakau'atu
12.Schuster.
13.Jake

14.Walker
15.Davey
16.Sipley
17.Keppie

18.Lawton

The new right side stiffens up that leaky right defense from Saab and Harper ,whilst still maintaining potential devastating attack with both speed ,youth and power.
THIS is IT! This is the side that will cause the most damage. The side with the most XFactor and strike. The side that can probably defend much better against the top teams. We need this team on the park by finals time. We will beat a top side soon, look at our last two games, we showed grit and fight to stay competitive and kinda look like the better side. In our previous matches against top teams (finals and round 1 and 2) we just got absolutely blown away. In the cronulla game everyone including sharks fans know if Harper doesn't play we win, second half is an example of that. And most people know tonight if it wasn't for Lawton's blunder, we win this as well. We are making the right strides, and with troops coming back, I'm sure we soon crack this top side curse we have at the moment.

I thought I watched a different game. Our forwards didn’t get rolled from what I saw. All of their tries were scored when they were in our 20 and we were short a man on our edge defence. Playing with a man down for 71 minutes does that to any team.

Add Ola and Turbo next week, then Aloia the week after and hopefully with Davey and Paseka also due soon our big test will be rounds 11 and 12 when we play Eels and Storm. We are still in the 8 and with injuries and suspensions and Schu getting more game time we will be a big threat.

1.Turbo
2.Tui
3.Parker
4.Koula
5.Garrick
6.Foz
7.Dce.
8.Aloiai
9.Croker
10.Paseka
11.Olakau'atu
12.Schuster.
13.Jake

14.Walker
15.Davey
16.Sipley
17.Keppie

18.Lawton

Love that team - only suggestion would be to play bullemoor over sipley from the bench.

ive seen manly raleigh when the chips are down in recent seasons, most usually when we lose tom and injuries but it has never defined the team long term. we were gutsy last night no doubt bit still found the time to add stupidity to the mix. not lack of skill or effort, just plain dumbarse

we have always played with effort but key moments are not manlys thing. we might jag a win against a heavy weight in regular season but if we make the big games and have to square off we still do not have the patience, smarts or consistent game to worry the top sides who find the groove

for all the guts and determination last night 2 of our most experienced players in marty and DCE had moments of under eights

martys pass before half time on top of some questionable plays was horrible
we ambushed the bunnies after lawnton was sent, and had the foot on their throats and DCE let them off big time. he had a pretty good game , kicked well and busted his arse but he sets the tone every week for a team that needs to blow opposition away or assume the position. souths were going to win despite that play in my mind but holy batship . within minutes the bunnies are on top. and thats the problem. the team just caved for a while after watching it all before

Where were Parra placed when we flogged them twice last season ?

The “MaNlY cAnT wIn WiThOuT tOm” brigade cant sing that tune now so rattle this top 4 chat around ad nauseum

nah..not feeling it with Bullymore, was handled well by the Bunnies. Give me 15min of power from Sipley rather than 15 min of average from Bullymore.
Fair enough

There isn't really an established pecking order behind Josh A and Paseka.

Marty, Keppie, Bully and Sipley all fighting for two or three spots if we are fully fit.

Marty, Keppie, Bully and Sipley all fighting for two or three spots if we are fully fit.
I highly doubt Marty has been fully fit at any stage this year. As our most experienced and highest paid prop I fully expect he would have been asked to just grit his teeth, get out there, and do his best for the short-handed team. But last night in hindsight Barney would have been better.
If fully fit Marty is in the 17.

Fair enough

More upside in Keppie and Sipley, Marty's clocked out and Bully needs to work on his game with the Blacktown boys.

Fair enough

Yep - absolutely zero standing out. I watched Sipley closely in the first half... never ever looked like bending the line at all. Marty is making too many errors but then the DCE pass to Saab killed our first half momentum so there is blame to go around in the stupidity stakes. Bullemor to me so far is just very average and Keppie is average and refuses to take the pass on the run.. always always flat footed. So out of that lot of averageness Marty is top at above average followed by it doesn't matter - the rest are on a par at very very average.

I highly doubt Marty has been fully fit at any stage this year. As our most experienced and highest paid prop I fully expect he would have been asked to just grit his teeth, get out there, and do his best for the short-handed team. But last night in hindsight Barney would have been better.
Think Marty's fit, that's not the problem. It's his attitude or maybe his confidence is all shot to pieces now, he played low mins last night and definitely not what Des wanted.

I think he’s cactus. I was a big fan a few years ago but he’s been thieving off the club for a while now. That offload before half time is not FG rugby league. The attempted tackle on Burgess is not FG rugby league.

I would be happy for Manly to release him before June 30 and free up the cap space...trouble is no one will take him for the money he stands to earn for the remainder of the season.

I’m so incensed by his performance that I would almost walk up to him and demand an apology for disrespecting the jumper and I weight about 100kg less than him.

I think he’s cactus. I was a big fan a few years ago but he’s been thieving off the club for a while now. That offload before half time is not FG rugby league. The attempted tackle on Burgess is not FG rugby league.

I would be happy for Manly to release him before June 30 and free up the cap space...trouble is no one will take him for the money he stands to earn for the remainder of the season.

I’m so incensed by his performance that I would almost walk up to him and demand an apology for disrespecting the jumper and I weight about 100kg less than him.
I can accept that offload from a rookie, but not from a guy who has played as much footy as Taupau. It’s unacceptable.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8