Can we beat a top 3 / 4 side?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I’ve been watching Cowboys games quite closely. They can really turn it on most weeks, but they can also be quite average if they’re intensity drops.
If we bring aggression, we can beat them for sure. I think we have the points in us, just need quick line speed in defence and shut em down. They’re probably not as creative as us

I don't think our attacking structures are nearly good enough to be winning games against the Storm or Penrith. Look at highlights from 2008 - those are the kinds of plays that give us consistent chances to win against top 4 teams.

Its been an important learning experience for this side to win comfortably against their last two oppositions. Granted they were bottom 8 sides but this side needed the confidence that they can win without their two best attacking backs. They will gain a lot of confidence from these wins and its especially impressive how the forwards performed. Koula will grow from these games. Garrick is becoming a top class player. Schuster is obviously unfit and struggling to get back to what he is capable of and its obvious that Des has tried hard to keep him back, while he regains fitness and confidence. Look out for the second half of the season with this side. They wont challenge for the crown but they'll give the top sides a real run for their money.

Look at highlights from 2008 - those are the kinds of plays that give us consistent chances to win against top 4 teams.
Do you mean the premiership rounds in 2008? I still distinctly recall some Manly fans hammering Des throughout that season saying he was incapable of coaching decent attack. Yet somehow by the time we hit the finals it all came together. Spectacularly.

I think we need to stop talking about top four sides. This season it's the top two, and the "rest". We can beat any of the "rest" right now. None of the "rest" are genuine top four sides, including us. Usually at this stage of the season it's possible to lock in the top four. No way that's happening this season. The most consistent part of NRL Season 2022 is the inconsistency shown by all of the "rest". Take the Cowboys for example, they could just as easily lose their next three (Us, Broncos, Sharks) as win them. I think we can beat any of the "rest", and that starts this weekend at Brookie.
Go Manly.

I think we need to stop talking about top four sides. This season it's the top two, and the "rest". We can beat any of the "rest" right now. None of the "rest" are genuine top four sides, including us. Usually at this stage of the season it's possible to lock in the top four. No way that's happening this season. The most consistent part of NRL Season 2022 is the inconsistency shown by all of the "rest". Take the Cowboys for example, they could just as easily lose their next three (Us, Broncos, Sharks) as win them. I think we can beat any of the "rest", and that starts this weekend at Brookie.
Go Manly.
Tbh from what I’ve seen of Melb lately they are almost in there with the rest. Can’t recall a more one sided comp tbh with the panthers well out in front.

I think this week will be the perfect measuring stick…
Cowboys are the weakest team In the top 4… we’ve already been smashed by the broncos ,panthers and storm, but the cowboys are very beatable..

If they beat us… regardless of the refereeing or other excuses, it will nail home our problem for even the most outspoken opponents of the “can’t beat a top team” debate..

I personally think we will struggle, as cows play with more heart and more intent than manly do at the moment, but I don’t think they will smash us… we should be right in this contest, and if we’re blown off the park by yet another top 4 side, it just proves this squad just hasn’t got what it takes

Thought they had a dodgy win against Saints, the ref gave them leg-ups and penalties at crucial times. One was a 12 point turnaround, and another was Suli being Suli standing in the defence line etc etc, dumb football by Saints, but helped by the Ref also.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2