Cam Smith's "multiple threads- only one declared"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Ralphie

Bencher
HoldenV8 said:
Love them or hate them with a passion like we do, I can't say that the Scum have done a good job, salary cap issues aside, in staying at or near the top for the past 10 or so years like Manly have. The big difference is that Manly don't have to rely on the grub tactics that Bali-Belly and his team have and continue to use.

They (especially their Kangaroo and Qld players) seem to have this 'we're above the rules of the game' mentality. Every time they get penalised for something Smith is forever complaining about it, while Bali-Belly blows up in the coaches box every time a ref has the hide to blow a penalty for their opposition.

Bull****!!! They got to the top by cheating. They built their reputation by cheating and now they have players go there for unders because of that reputation.

I cannot respect any team that is at the top as a result of systematic long term cheating.

They are the SCUM of the earth.

COMMANDER

IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL
I agree with him; he's doing good things as a high profile player highlighting the shortcomings of the ref setup; particularly the two ref setup.

I love how Bellyache carries on in the coaches box,I keep thinking they will show the way he carries on one day,and he will self combust,even his assistant coaches look worried that they will cop a backhander,if this bloke isnt heart attack material,I dont know what is,I have never seen a coach stress out like he does,even the commentators are laughing at him now

sheridanstand78

First Grader
The most consistent thing about the drizzle and their captain, is that there is a rule for them and a rule for everything else.

Since their inception we have seen consistent double standards apply in the comp.

Captain drizzle is the latest. There is a clear rule about when a captain can speak to a referee and when he cant. His outburst last night was all about slowing the game down. The refs need to deal with him. A stiint in the bin is what is needed.

There were 2 incidents in the play the ball that sum up the double standard. Smith is a serial pest at slowing down the ruck and lying in the play the ball. He did that and vermin get nothing. He struggles in a tackle and you bet the drizzle get a penalty.

I am waiting for the day when someone smashes him on the park, how the hell he was not censored for trying to foreman Mattys face repeatedly is beyond me.

SMITH IS A PROTECTED SPECIES!!!

EagleFromMay1967

Sky Punching : send them High as the Clouds
He, Slater & Cronk knew full well they had two concurrent contracts. The usual contract and the Extra one. Remind me again of the name of that book which documents the whole cheating Scum story ?

Masked Eagle

Bencher
COMMANDER said:
I agree with him; he's doing good things as a high profile player highlighting the shortcomings of the ref setup; particularly the two ref setup.

They only want to get rid of the second ref so they can get away with murder in the tackle again.

MadMarcus

Toovey for NRL CEO
Cameron Smith is a gentleman who always plays the game with integrity and in the spirit it is meant to be played. Just like our wonderful administrator the great Todd Greenberg is not afraid to make the tough decisions and do the right thing even if it is against his own interests - a man so humble he devoted a tweet to telling us all just how humble he is. Combine all this with a professional and unbiassed media, who always check their facts and never print articles just to grab headlines and you can see why it is the greatest game of all.

.... Is what nobody said ever.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Smith is a modern marvel. Certainly not the biggest or the fastest. But I still recall that day he played 5/8 against us at Brookie and carved us up. This year he got the field goal to beat us in round 1. He tackles everything in sight, sets up his attack, kicks goals, gets repeat sets, kicks 40/20s, and never misses a game. Well-spoken off the field, no drunken escapades or wife-bashing.

Yes he is a grappling grub and master of gamesmanship, but gee no-one's perfect. League is such a tough game. I don't even mind Bird these days, just for his consistent quality of play, and he started life as a way bigger grub than Smith.

Alan

Reserve Grader
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Smith is a modern marvel. Certainly not the biggest or the fastest. But I still recall that day he played 5/8 against us at Brookie and carved us up. This year he got the field goal to beat us in round 1. He tackles everything in sight, sets up his attack, kicks goals, gets repeat sets, kicks 40/20s, and never misses a game. Well-spoken off the field, no drunken escapades or wife-bashing.

Yes he is a grappling grub and master of gamesmanship, but gee no-one's perfect. League is such a tough game. I don't even mind Bird these days, just for his consistent quality of play, and he started life as a way bigger grub than Smith.

It pains me to admit you make some excellent points. I'll just have to accept that my hatred of cam is irrational and live with it.

panash

Reserve Grader
RiverEagle said:
I hope we send them packing in September, before we face the ultimate exactor...Revenge on Des-picable and the Dogs on Grand Final Day.

if we were to meet in the GF ( which i would love ) and ends the opposite as you have stated it would be something i wouldnt be able to handle...

EagleFromMay1967

Sky Punching : send them High as the Clouds
panash said:
RiverEagle said:
I hope we send them packing in September, before we face the ultimate exactor...Revenge on Des-picable and the Dogs on Grand Final Day.
if we were to meet in the GF ( which i would love ) and ends the opposite as you have stated it would be something i wouldnt be able to handle...
Yes at this stage the most potent GF is once again an S Eagles v Scum revenge grudge match. We flog them of course: 41 - 0. Choc kicks a field goal.

RiverEagle

Bencher
EagleFromMay1967 said:
panash said:
RiverEagle said:
Yes at this stage the most potent GF is once again an S Eagles v Scum revenge grudge match. We flog them of course: 41 - 0. Choc kicks a field goal.

We've got a few juicy options for our Grand Final victims. The Scum of course, would be highly satisfying. The Rorters for the most obvious, and most recent revenge.
Even the Rabbids - imagine the hype and expectation we could crush by denying THEM for another year!

Any team will be fine, including Smith and the Scum......I'm just looking at the Dogs current form and with the Des-picable factor, they are the most likely, and possibly best option right now!

Shoe1

Journey Man
A story to warm our hearts

http://www.nrl.com/smiths-tribute-to-bellamy/tabid/10874/newsid/78561/default.aspx

Daddycool08

Reserve Grader
dowdz said:
I hate the scum. Captain scum I can't stand. Even we he plays for Aus. Slater is just as bad.

Please guys stop comparing or using the word scum when you mention Melbourne.

It is far to derogatory and demeaning to scum.

I also wouldn't call them crap, A holes, ba$tard$ or anything else.

Henceforth please cease in calling them or comparing them to scum.

RiverEagle

Bencher
Shoe1 said:
A story to warm our hearts

http://www.nrl.com/smiths-tribute-to-bellamy/tabid/10874/newsid/78561/default.aspx

I was waiting for the other shoe to drop mate?

This was just a circle-jerk for the Purple filth.

Having just had a late lunch at work, I wish I didn't read that self-satisfying barf-inducer.

They were all made for each other...Purple vain, Purple vain.

ALinda

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Heard Alan Jones this morning going off that the NRL should've paid some sort of tribute to Bellyache the other night for coaching 300 games AND acknowledged Slater/Smith/Cronk/Hoffman for playing 1000 games between them, as if it was SO special.

Would anyone else have been given such a tribute? I think not. He almost made me puke!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18