Post-Game Discussion Bulldogs v Manly [Round 25, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Game Information

Bulldogs
Vs
Sea Eagles
21 Accor Stadium
02 Sep 2022 18:00
80th minute

Match Stats

I know 3 of those 5 and let’s be honest they don’t hold a candle to the guys we had out. Honestly doesn’t matter who we had out or them. Games over and s is the season. Bring on the cricket.
Luke Thompson was available but wasn't selected.

I think Vaega has potential Ryan, not the best of circumstances to present yourself in the best light but still worth hanging onto I reckon

Vega reminds me of Jorge.

And that type of winger went out with ... Jorge.

He tries hard, can't fault him there. But I think regular first grade is beyond his best level without injuries or suspensions to others. Provided they are fit (and at the club.....) I'd much rather have Garrick and Saab on our wings.

How many weeks ago was it we lost a coach who took his own life?

I like many of you are upset with how the season has gone. Some of the coaching decisions are hard to understand but the names being thrown around on here are embarrassing

Telling some to F off? Embarrassing especially considering the past couple of weeks

A one-point loss is better than another flogging, I guess. But two questions.

First, was Burton off-side when he contested that kick for their last try? Looked in front of the kicker to me, but nobody (including the bunker) seemed concerned enough to check that.

Second, is it really the rule that a drop restart only has to break some sort of invisible plane above the 10-metre line (not that I think Burton's did) to be judged a fair kick? What if you're kicking into a howling wind and it travels 10-metres forward but gets blown back and lands on the one-metre line or the in-goal? How the **** is the receiving team supposed to contest that? It has to be where the ball lands, doesn't it?

I like many of you are upset with how the season has gone. Some of the coaching decisions are hard to understand but the names being thrown around on here are embarrassing

Telling some to F off? Embarrassing especially considering the past couple of weeks
You have put things in perspective with your post feathered friend

Passion some times gets the better of us and we lose our cool and say things and do without realy thinking rationally

But when we lose our cool we are the ones that become losers

A one-point loss is better than another flogging, I guess. But two questions.

First, was Burton off-side when he contested that kick for their last try? Looked in front of the kicker to me, but nobody (including the bunker) seemed concerned enough to check that.

Second, is it really the rule that a drop restart only has to break some sort of invisible plane above the 10-metre line (not that I think Burton's did) to be judged a fair kick? What if you're kicking into a howling wind and it travels 10-metres forward but gets blown back and lands on the one-metre line or the in-goal? How the **** is the receiving team supposed to contest that? It has to be where the ball lands, doesn't it?
I agree, we were wronged on both occasions. Can't believe we didn't use Captains Challenge on the drop out, especially with Foz adamant it didn't go 10M.

Well said lsz. I wanted to post about this earlier. I guess it will calm down over the next few days.
And then we have the off season madness on here to look forward to.😁

After starting the game so well and be up 16-0, to then capitulate and end the season like that was so disappointing. I would've thought there was enough motivation with the 4 players leaving and to just finish on a high, but no. The only little consolation was losing by 1 point but we shouldn't have lost at all, especially against the Dogs.

Feel sorry for all those devoted fans (including my son) who braved the weather and Friday afternoon peak hour to go to Homebush.

What an abysmal way to end 2022!

From Post #1 (UPDATED)

FULL TIME SCORE

Bulldogs: 21
Manly: 20

304844787_10159958775240993_2629538818470829300_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

Team Victory Song:

giphy1.gif

Pressers:

Post Match Interviews: TBA

Match Report:

Sea Eagles Stats Review: TBA

Match Highlights:

Extended Match Highlights: TBA

Full Match Replay Link: TBA

Manly Tries:

Game Pics & Video Clips:

Press Print & Video Articles:

Bulldogs pull off stunning NRL comeback

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Worst ever losing streak in the history of the club (75 years), and people are STILL defending dumb dumb Des, after 7 straight defeats.
This isn't the first time that they have had this losing streak. The most recent time that they lost seven straight games was in 2016 under the coaching of Trent Barrett. In that year, if you take out the BYE Round, they lost Rounds 9, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15, and 16.

This isn't the first time that they have had this losing streak. The most recent time that they lost seven straight games was in 2016 under the coaching of Trent Barrett. In that year, if you take out the BYE Round, they lost Rounds 9, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15, and 16.
There was an eight game losing streak in 1998/99. Started in a finals’ loss to the Slime Green Machine at Canberra in ‘98, then seven straight at the start of ‘99 - thus ending Fulton’s third coming at the Sea Eagles.

Happy to be called a fool or optimistic, but I actually saw some effort there last night - they wanted to win, they simply didn’t have the talent 1-17 to do it, even against a team like the Bulldogs.

You could almost name a starting 13 with the players we have out. You never want to use it as an excuse, but in reality without those players out there, we’re forced to bring players in that simply aren’t up to it and the results show that.

Clearly the issues during women in league round put a huge dent in any sort of hope we had for the rest of the season, but the fact is our casualty ward played an equally significant role.

Kaeo was great last night and has to factor in our 2023 thinking.

Again call me optimistic but with some luck with injuries in 2023, particularly to our Fullback, and a few signings in the off season (which will come), we should be more than competitive.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11