Post-Game Discussion Bulldogs v Manly [Round 25, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Game Information

Bulldogs
Vs
Sea Eagles
21 Accor Stadium
02 Sep 2022 18:00
80th minute

Match Stats

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Happy to be called a fool or optimistic, but I actually saw some effort there last night - they wanted to win, they simply didn’t have the talent 1-17 to do it, even against a team like the Bulldogs.

You could almost name a starting 13 with the players we have out. You never want to use it as an excuse, but in reality without those players out there, we’re forced to bring players in that simply aren’t up to it and the results show that.

Clearly the issues during women in league round put a huge dent in any sort of hope we had for the rest of the season, but the fact is our casualty ward played an equally significant role.

Kaeo was great last night and has to factor in our 2023 thinking.

Again call me optimistic but with some luck with injuries in 2023, particularly to our Fullback, and a few signings in the off season (which will come), we should be more than competitive.
All I hoped for is that they’d have a crack.

They did !!!

fLIP

UFO Hunter
First, was Burton off-side when he contested that kick for their last try? Looked in front of the kicker to me, but nobody (including the bunker) seemed concerned enough to check that.

No chance. He was definitely onside.

Screenshot (17).png

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
At the time, the reason given for Bozo's retirement was his wife's ill health (think she had cancer).
Yes. He admitted that her illness was probably impacting on his coaching at the time.

Then we were left with Steve Hales Sr, aka Peter Sharp, for the balance of the next five seasons.

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
How many weeks ago was it we lost a coach who took his own life?

I like many of you are upset with how the season has gone. Some of the coaching decisions are hard to understand but the names being thrown around on here are embarrassing

Telling some to F off? Embarrassing especially considering the past couple of weeks
Sadly the reality of Paul Green’s death hasn’t stopped noted Neanderthal Peter Peters from sticking the boot into his alleged ‘friend’ in recent times.

And when Peter isn’t doing it , he gets one of his associates (by accident or design) to do it for him.

• 👍
Reactions: lsz

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Look I understand people bagging the team after another loss, 7 in a row is horrible. But when you look at things last night objectively, lining up the two teams, the result wasn’t a surprise.
Not at all , I predicted 44-6 so 21-20 was very good.

They had a real go , sure there were mistakes and they weren’t good enough but they did have a crack !!

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
Kaeo was great last night and has to factor in our 2023 thinking.

Again call me optimistic but with some luck with injuries in 2023, particularly to our Fullback, and a few signings in the off season (which will come), we should be more than competitive.
You are indeed an optimist Mitch. Kaeo has been sitting there, available, since Turbo went down. Had Des played him straight up and left Reubs on the wing (why weaken two positions?) he would have been quite the seasoned pro by now and we may well have won a few more games.
I'd be more optimistic for next year if we had a different coach. Another season of talent sitting on the bench til 5 minutes from the end while the favoured few continue to serve up slop on the field awaits us.
There's been chat recently about incentives for membership. Perhaps a free counselling session for all us diehards would do the trick.

40 nil

It's only a game ...
Hypothetical

If Koula had a clear path, would he have run down Schoupp? I think he may have. Saab would have reeled him in very quickly.

But when you look at things last night objectively, lining up the two teams, the result wasn’t a surprise.
We had a very depleted squad with ten players unavailable - Turbo, Saab, Garrick, Harper, Parker, Jake, Lawton, Aloiai, Keppie & Paseka. IMO we lost because of too many unforced errors.

Mitch

Bencher
Hypothetical

If Koula had a clear path, would he have run down Schoupp? I think he may have. Saab would have reeled him in very quickly.

We had a very depleted squad with ten players unavailable - Turbo, Saab, Garrick, Harper, Parker, Jake, Lawton, Aloiai, Keppie & Paseka. IMO we lost because of too many unforced errors.
Agreed mate. We lost the game in the last 15 mins of the first half. Defensively we kept the Bulldogs away, but drop ball kept bringing them back into it.

Mitch

Bencher
You are indeed an optimist Mitch. Kaeo has been sitting there, available, since Turbo went down. Had Des played him straight up and left Reubs on the wing (why weaken two positions?) he would have been quite the seasoned pro by now and we may well have won a few more games.
I'd be more optimistic for next year if we had a different coach. Another season of talent sitting on the bench til 5 minutes from the end while the favoured few continue to serve up slop on the field awaits us.
There's been chat recently about incentives for membership. Perhaps a free counselling session for all us diehards would do the trick.
Haha happy to cop the optimist tag, mate!

From what we’ve seen from Kaeo he clearly should have been there earlier. No doubt he’ll figure in the 2023 team, just not sure where he fits when Tom is back.

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
Premium Member
How many weeks ago was it we lost a coach who took his own life?

I like many of you are upset with how the season has gone. Some of the coaching decisions are hard to understand but the names being thrown around on here are embarrassing

Telling some to F off? Embarrassing especially considering the past couple of weeks
Good post Isz. I reckon the way some people on here and other social media platforms, speak about our players, coaching stuff, and club makes me question their level of support. Some will say we don't tolerate losing (btw it's not loosing), mediocrity etc. In reality this happens. Bar the chosen two - Storm/Rorters and lately the Panthers, success comes in cycles. Look at the Cowboys last year. Second last. This year 2nd or 3rd. Last year we were 4th, this year 11th. We don't know what next year will bring.
To the younger people on here, two words, Northern Eagles. If you think finishing 6th last is the end of the world, we lost our team and life long fans had to support this pretend team (who weren't that good btw) to have any connection with Manly.
Then Manly rebuilt and won two premierships since then.
Tough years happen. Look at our injury list.
It will turn around and Manly needs encouraging and supportive fans through good times and bad.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Good post Isz. I reckon the way some people on here and other social media platforms, speak about our players, coaching stuff, and club makes me question their level of support. Some will say we don't tolerate losing (btw it's not loosing), mediocrity etc. In reality this happens. Bar the chosen two - Storm/Rorters and lately the Panthers, success comes in cycles. Look at the Cowboys last year. Second last. This year 2nd or 3rd. Last year we were 4th, this year 11th. We don't know what next year will bring.
To the younger people on here, two words, Northern Eagles. If you think finishing 6th last is the end of the world, we lost our team and life long fans had to support this pretend team (who weren't that good btw) to have any connection with Manly.
Then Manly rebuilt and won two premierships since then.
Tough years happen. Look at our injury list.
It will turn around and Manly needs encouraging and supportive fans through good times and bad.
Love ya work Nicci

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Not at all , I predicted 44-6 so 21-20 was very good.

They had a real go , sure there were mistakes and they weren’t good enough but they did have a crack !!

I actually thought there was a chance they would win.

Thing is there were five players out there, Weekes, Vaega, Koula, Burbo, Roumanos with very little first grade experience. Then De Luis who has had little game time, an unfit or injured Schuster Little wonder they would struggle to get combination.

And this is not the Dogs from last year. They have some pretty decent talent in their side and are on the rise. I'm pleased that the kids got their chance and as shown in the game against the Roosters, some of these young kids are better even now than many of the players we had in first grade for much o the year, potentially.

I say well done to the kids for not folding and yeh it wasnt pretty but they competed. In my opinion it was encouraging to see them in action. I'm actually annoyed at Hasler's intransigence regarding promoting youth except through injury. Some of these kids should have been in the team earlier and would possibly had performed even better as a result of the experience.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I actually thought there was a chance they would win.

Thing is there were five players out there, Weekes, Vaega, Koula, Burbo, Roumanos with very little first grade experience. Then De Luis who has had little game time, an unfit or injured Schuster Little wonder they would struggle to get combination.

And this is not the Dogs from last year. They have some pretty decent talent in their side and are on the rise. I'm pleased that the kids got their chance and as shown in the game against the Roosters, some of these young kids are better even now than many of the players we had in first grade for much o the year, potentially.

I say well done to the kids for not folding and yeh it wasnt pretty but they competed. In my opinion it was encouraging to see them in action. I'm actually annoyed at Hasler's intransigence regarding promoting youth except through injury. Some of these kids should have been in the team earlier and would possibly had performed even better as a result of the experience.
Agree 110%

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
This isn't the first time that they have had this losing streak. The most recent time that they lost seven straight games was in 2016 under the coaching of Trent Barrett. In that year, if you take out the BYE Round, they lost Rounds 9, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15, and 16.
Lets hope it will be the last time we go through that losing streak

Ryan

Journey Man
This isn't the first time that they have had this losing streak. The most recent time that they lost seven straight games was in 2016 under the coaching of Trent Barrett. In that year, if you take out the BYE Round, they lost Rounds 9, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15, and 16.
If you've currently lost 7 straight, you've achieved the club's worst ever losing streak, sorry. Spin it however you like to continue to excuse it, it is what it is.

But don't fear, that semantic will be blown out of the water round one next season unless dramatic change occurs.

How you can still defend this not being our worst ever streak mate, is beyond me, BUT, this is where our fanbase is these days. It's why they still make excuses for Des every day. So it's all good. Why WOULD they change, when fans accept the mediocrity ?

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
If you've currently lost 7 straight, you've achieved the club's worst ever losing streak, sorry. Spin it however you like to continue to excuse it, it is what it is.

But don't fear, that semantic will be blown out of the water round one next season unless dramatic change occurs.

How you can still defend this not being our worst ever streak mate, is beyond me, BUT, this is where our fanbase is these days. It's why they still make excuses for Des every day. So it's all good. Why WOULD they change, when fans accept the mediocrity ?
I am sorry but from the brief research that I have found so far between 1947 and 1957 is that in the 1950 season, they lost 8 in a row with losses in Rounds 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 so no matter what spin and death riding of the club etc. that you want to keep spewing out, until they reach an 8 in a row losing streak, this year, they have NOT achieved the club's worst ever losing streak.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13