Pre-Game Bulldogs v Manly [Round 16, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

0 66
Bankwest Stadium
03 Jul 2021 03:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
That said I am nervous about the dogs game
They have reserve fill ins who have been coached by others not Barrett
Barrett hasn't had much coaching to do since last Thursday with little training.

Surely they will be a more formidable opponent.

Big chance for a bit of history making vs Dogs.

Manly has never scored 50+ in three consecutive first grade games.

Since 1947 Manly have only twice landed two 50+ games in a row. Last two weeks of course was one. The only other Manly team was the 1995 side who beat Sydney Tigers 56-10 at Parramatta, then beat Penrith 54-26 at Brookie, then beat Wests 34-12 at Campbelltown.

Surprisingly even if the 1970s results are adjusted to give 4 points for tries, there wasn't any consecutive 50+ wins for Manly back then either.

have gone balls deep into a manly motza for this weekend
hopefully tommy plays at least the first half.

I think Des will be extremely keen to keep the bulldogs to 0 especially considering we have been conceding some points.

have gone balls deep into a manly motza for this weekend
hopefully tommy plays at least the first half.

I think Des will be extremely keen to keep the bulldogs to 0 especially considering we have been conceding some points.
hahah what are the legs?

I was thinking of pushing some winnings into an app that allows better same game multis to see what I could come up with

if the boys got the Newcastle loss and the Titans first half etched in their mind, we should have a bunch of hungry men ready to show no mercy at all and put around 50-60 points on this undermanned doggies side.

hahah what are the legs?

I was thinking of pushing some winnings into an app that allows better same game multis to see what I could come up with
Manly's price to make the GF is going to look incredibly generous very soon in the event of a not guilty verdict. We've already a swag of players who can create something, add one more playmaking threat in the middle and we'll be almost impossible to contain.

Don't want to get too far ahead of ourselves but this is a huge opportunity to get our for and against closer to the top sides. If we are going to have a chance at winning the comp this year we have to finish in the top 4 IMO.
We need to put ourselves in the picture at the end of the year and realistically if we want to win the comp we need to knock off one the top sides and get the week off.

I reckon Des is enjoying having the luxury of the depth we currently have in being able to rest players who have suffered injuries a bit longer than necessary.

Take Jake for example - the hardest working forward in our team. A couple of extra weeks' rest wont do any harm in making sure he's fresh for the run towards the finals after S.O.O. 3/round 18.

Same for Schuster - why rush him back when Foran is fit? Foran could get injured at any point (touch wood) so having Schuster fresh & ready to slot in at 5/8th should Foran get injured is a good idea.
100% if anyone needed a break its Jake. Hes played nearly every game for 5 years including origin. He was busted and the rest will do him the world of good!

This is one of those games to show no mercy
Forget who they are playing, run hard tackle hard , back up , be clinical in everything they do and the points will come , Don't look at the the scoreboard till the end
Finish the game then look at the scoreboard and say well played onwards and upwards to the finals

Oh man did you get up today and kick the dog and spit on the kids? Your world must be a very negative place.
Your world must be a very negative place.....You mean delusional troll land? Its a world that posters like Strone choose to live in for a variety of reasons. Posters like Strone are masters in the art of saying or doing something with the primary intent of pissing people off. Posters like Strone are also almost impossible to take seriously, but can be difficult to ignore. I just proved that theory by responding to a response to his post. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Big chance for a bit of history making vs Dogs.

Manly has never scored 50+ in three consecutive first grade games.

Since 1947 Manly have only twice landed two 50+ games in a row. Last two weeks of course was one. The only other Manly team was the 1995 side who beat Sydney Tigers 56-10 at Parramatta, then beat Penrith 54-26 at Brookie, then beat Wests 34-12 at Campbelltown.

Surprisingly even if the 1970s results are adjusted to give 4 points for tries, there wasn't any consecutive 50+ wins for Manly back then either.

Records get broken starting this weekend against the dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12