Pre-Game Bulldogs v Manly [Round 16, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

0 66
Bankwest Stadium
03 Jul 2021 03:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw Trent today

We we’re both Masked up getting coffee
Only one if us were wearing manly colours
My first words were
Go Manly
He laughed
We chatted while coffee were being made
My last words were
Go manly
he laughed

You sound like 'Hodor' from game of thrones. lol

wait a mo... it's gameday!

~goes to release the gameday thread~

Saw Trent today

We we’re both Masked up getting coffee
Only one if us were wearing manly colours
My first words were
Go Manly
He laughed
We chatted while coffee were being made
My last words were
Go manly
he laughed
Was thinking whether chatting to randoms in a coffee shop was in line with the current NRL bubble policy. Maybe u could report Trent to NRL?

But they may result in him going into isolation and unable to coach game today - that would be bad for us. So please don’t report him to NRL

I'd like us to be ruthless today, don't look at the scoreboard and just do it.
At the same time I would like to see some composure if calls go against us.
If theyvstart the headless chook sheet then I won't hold hopes for taking on the likes of storm.

Still think like I said half in jest with a few young reserves playing for dogs they might put in a better showing specially with less of Trent's input.

Go Manly

I'd like us to be ruthless today, don't look at the scoreboard and just do it.
At the same time I would like to see some composure if calls go against us.
If theyvstart the headless chook sheet then I won't hold hopes for taking on the likes of storm.

Still think like I said half in jest with a few young reserves playing for dogs they might put in a better showing specially with less of Trent's input.

Go Manly
That last sentence was very insightful.. :p

Remember humility my friends. We've had our pants pulled down by many teams (as recent as a very under-manned Newcastle Knights). We have to dig right in, work very, very hard. The Bulldogs have actually pushed the best teams, so this is no given.

We have a tendency to drop completely off in intensity.

I'd love to see us smash the clubs biggest winning sore record 61-0 (against the dragqueens)
I was out west that day and managed to pick up a weak signal on ABC radio. I spent the whole game walking back and forth and twiddling the dial (I was excited OK) and the signal kept drifting in an out. Finished the game with a huge smile on my face having picked up probably half of the commentary. Good memories.

Gerard Sutton as Ref - last game he reffed us on was at the same ground against a certain blue and gold pretenders, who we handily belted.

Its not Cummins, so i'm not seeing a Knights repeat.

Also, with the massive disruption to the Bulldogs side this week with injuries and blatant stupidity costing them half their side, and being unable to train for a large part of it, it would literally be the greatest win in the history of the Bulldogs if they pull this off - and Manly would have to put in a woeful performance to rival rounds 1-4.

Sorry, I just don't think Trent inspires that level of performance, else we would have seen more wins period. With DCE smarting from a week of criticism he will be wanting to make a statement. And Turbo - bless him, the kid just loves winning so much he makes the rest of the team do it too - he will run a length of the field try with 13 dogs player hanging off him if thats what it takes.

Hoping it just turns into a training run like the Storm v Chooks on Thurs, after we blow it apart before half time, so we have the luxury of pulling off key players in 2nd half, and the Dogs heads go down along with their intensity after Garrick gets another Hat-trick (those 2 words go well together don't they - Garrick + Hattrick).

Hope im not wearing egg on my face in a couple of hours time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8