Pre-Game Bulldogs v Manly [Round 16, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

0 66
Bankwest Stadium
03 Jul 2021 03:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiseyEagle

Reserve Grader
From the Kennel,

[IMG alt="Trafford10"]https://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/data/avatars/m/21/21724.jpg?1472463885[/IMG]

Trafford10

Kennel Immortal​

Gilded
JoinedJun 26, 2015Messages5,347Reaction score4,042
50 minutes ago

Flanagan brought his sandwich maker into training and has been making Baz toasters after training and has been cutting the crust off and everything.
Devilled egg toasted sandwiches for the players? A possible tactic to be used while packing into scrums for that x factor advantage?

The rehab staff in this club are a farce
We don't know how good our medical people are in all aspects but I would imagine they are top shelf and have been/are doing a great job.

Don't forget that these "estimates" are only given out to keep us fans happy and are just that, estimates.
Predicting how long any person will take to FULLY recover from any given injury is not an exact science. Different people will recover faster than others and "actual" severity will only be known during rehab.
Add to that there may be setbacks and coaching and team management decisions affecting when a player actually plays again.

A lot of tough markers here scoring on things they have near to zero knowledge of.

Jerry1

First Grader
We don't know how good our medical people are in all aspects but I would imagine they are top shelf and have been/are doing a great job.

Don't forget that these "estimates" are only given out to keep us fans happy and are just that, estimates.
Predicting how long any person will take to FULLY recover from any given injury is not an exact science. Different people will recover faster than others and "actual" severity will only be known during rehab.
Add to that there may be setbacks and coaching and team management decisions affecting when a player actually plays again.

A lot of tough markers here scoring on things they have near to zero knowledge of.
Point taken but when was the last time someone came back early or even on time.. :)

Damien2812

Bencher
Who would have thought at this time of year that schuster would spend more time on the sidelines than Foran!
Gees glad we have Foran!

just sayin’
Your right. Lol... Calf strain after the Eels game and hasn't been seen since. I'm not too sure what's happening but I would have assumed since Schuster is young everything should have healed smoothly by now..

Stewbojevic

Reserve Grader
Point taken but when was the last time someone came back early or even on time.. :)
  • Lawton early
  • Foran on time

It’s not a good idea to rush players back however you look at it. I strongly believe rushing back from injury is the primary cause of Siro’s chronic issues.

Walker also came back early from a foot injury last year and injured it again in the first 5 minutes.

Injuries are injuries. I’d prefer a fully fit squad for finals than now when we can win without it

Jerry1

First Grader
  • Lawton early
  • Foran on time

It’s not a good idea to rush players back however you look at it. I strongly believe rushing back from injury is the primary cause of Siro’s chronic issues.

Walker also came back early from a foot injury last year and injured it again in the first 5 minutes.

Injuries are injuries. I’d prefer a fully fit squad for finals than now when we can win without it
Who came back late...

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
He must’ve had some issues with his calf since I spoke to him last week because as I stated above he said it was feeling good and he’d be ready to go against the dogs.

Nah, I reckon you front him and call him out as he lied to you!

-then say don't waste your time in the future tool-bag.

I also reckon.....

you don't do any of that! (lol).

I'm now in the "It's a bit bizarre the constant discrepancy between expected recovery time from injuries and actual recovery time from injuries" camp.
Weirdest 'under the radar' effort ever.

47MVEagle

Bencher
I reckon Des is enjoying having the luxury of the depth we currently have in being able to rest players who have suffered injuries a bit longer than necessary.

Take Jake for example - the hardest working forward in our team. A couple of extra weeks' rest wont do any harm in making sure he's fresh for the run towards the finals after S.O.O. 3/round 18.

Same for Schuster - why rush him back when Foran is fit? Foran could get injured at any point (touch wood) so having Schuster fresh & ready to slot in at 5/8th should Foran get injured is a good idea.

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I reckon Des is enjoying having the luxury of the depth we currently have in being able to rest players who have suffered injuries a bit longer than necessary.

Take Jake for example - the hardest working forward in our team. A couple of extra weeks' rest wont do any harm in making sure he's fresh for the run towards the finals after S.O.O. 3/round 18.

Same for Schuster - why rush him back when Foran is fit? Foran could get injured at any point (touch wood) so having Schuster fresh & ready to slot in at 5/8th should Foran get injured is a good idea.
Good points. I don't see the sense in rushing anybody back particularly for a game such as this. We have a long season ahead and we need to carefully manage the squad.

ManEagle

Just a Man and his Eagle

Agree
I try not to look ahead to much with games bbuteven the immediate games ahead with Raiders and Dragons coming up with origin impacts, giving players recovering from injury a bit of extra time isn't such a bad idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18