Buhrer and Uate confimed

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You know, I'd like to throw a tizzy fit.....or as my dad used to say "do my naa-na", but the reality is that I have no control over who the club signs or releases and won't do until I win the lotto jackpot and buy the club (mental note, buy a lotto ticket this week).

Am I pissed off that we've released Ferris to sign Uate? Yes I am. I feel we would have been far better off releasing Lewis Brown than Jamie Buhrer even if Brown is a current Kiwi international. But that is the choice the club made, for better or worse. And its not like we didn't know this was coming, its been talked about for weeks.

I guess the plus side is that we've finally signed an outside back with some genuine pace, something that our NRL side has lacked in recent years. Sure we've had Snake but his pace has been in decline since 2012 and we still have Tommy but putting on bulk before this season (plus his ankle) has also seen his pace stunted a bit. And while he is a bit of a has-been its not like Uate is a no hoper, and he does come with a bucket load of experience.

As much as I don't like what's happened I am prepared to live with it so long as it DOESN'T mean we also end up with someone like Greg Bird.

The last 12 months have been the toughest in my 50+ years of supporting this club.
I respect the Penns for stumping up the cash but I have zero respect for the way they've torn the soul out of something that I've loved all my life.
Who is the soul that was torn ?

You know, I'd like to throw a tizzy fit.....or as my dad used to say "do my naa-na", but the reality is that I have no control over who the club signs or releases and won't do until I win the lotto jackpot and buy the club (mental note, buy a lotto ticket this week).

Am I pissed off that we've released Ferris to sign Uate? Yes I am. I feel we would have been far better off releasing Lewis Brown than Jamie Buhrer even if Brown is a current Kiwi international. But that is the choice the club made, for better or worse. And its not like we didn't know this was coming, its been talked about for weeks.

I guess the plus side is that we've finally signed an outside back with some genuine pace, something that our NRL side has lacked in recent years. Sure we've had Snake but his pace has been in decline since 2012 and we still have Tommy but putting on bulk before this season (plus his ankle) has also seen his pace stunted a bit. And while he is a bit of a has-been its not like Uate is a no hoper, and he does come with a bucket load of experience.

As much as I don't like what's happened I am prepared to live with it so long as it DOESN'T mean we also end up with someone like Greg Bird.
On the field Bird is a better performer than Buhrer .

All of us liked Jamie as he was a good kid and a good player but the coaching staff think they get better value and performance from other players and they will be made accountable . Bring on 2017 !!!
No an old fossil who hasn't been relevant for twenty years thinks that. The coaching staff wanted Buhrer in the leadership group if not co-captain. You are delusional

Look above all else it is just as disappointing as Matty B

Yes there might be more talented players (or bigger etc) but these are guys who always seemed to enjoy playing for the club...and that matters to me.

Considering we are primed for some more lean years I would rather do it with players who seem to care about the club rather than ones picking up a pay check

Look above all else it is just as disappointing as Matty B

Yes there might be more talented players (or bigger etc) but these are guys who always seemed to enjoy playing for the club...and that matters to me.

Considering we are primed for some more lean years I would rather do it with players who seem to care about the club rather than ones picking up a pay check
IMO you win premierships with more talented and bigger players .
It is sad to see players go but it is sadder when you see other teams in the finals and not Manly

Id say that would be the case. 2 for the price of one sort of deal. Will make room for another solid signing. I can see Hopoate or lane filling Buhrers spot quite effectively to be honest. Also if the DWZ rumour comes to fruition we could have a pretty damn good replacement for Lyon. The fact we have some good young blokes knocking at the door for first grade selection is a good sign and releasing a few guys to focus on more important positions while giving these young forwards a shot could be strategically a good plan for the rebuild. Buhrer was always a solid worker but never really struck me as a superstar.
Lane and hopoate are superstars ?

IMO you win premierships with more talented and bigger players .
It is sad to see players go but it is sadder when you see other teams in the finals and not Manly
My issue is that I do not feel we are close to winning a comp and would have liked to at least have some likeable players retained

My issue is that I do not feel we are close to winning a comp and would have liked to at least have some likeable players retained
I can understand your issue and I like likeable players as well but I like our club to be successful more . The Tough decisions are not easy .

Who dafuq is DWZ??

I used to hip, used to be with it :(

"be" hip :p

I read the whole thread and no one answered you (how rude!) so DWZ is....

drum-roll.....

Dallin Watene-Zelezniak !!!!

Bye bye Jamie and thanks for everything. Good luck for the future and I was hoping you'd get life membership with Manly (I thought you were that good to have around.) :)

How many times has Bird represented NSW and Australia as compared to Buhrer speaks for it self but we all do have our opinions

No argument there because Bird has played tests where Ferris hasn't and while Ferris has played Origin, Bird has played a lot more.

They are totally different players though. Ferris is a small back rower who uses his pace more, though he is a good defender (against the Dogs he hit a charging Kasiano with a Beaver like tackle and just drove him back), and he does have some ball skills. Bird on the other hand is more the Gifty type, a ball playing back rower. But unlike both Ferris and Gifty, Bird is a pea brain.

I dunno, I just feel that Ferris would be better value to Manly in the long run than Bird would.

I just feel like your namesake is trying to get instant success at the expense of long term gain.

No argument there because Bird has played tests where Ferris hasn't and while Ferris has played Origin, Bird has played a lot more.

They are totally different players though. Ferris is a small back rower who uses his pace more, though he is a good defender (against the Dogs he hit a charging Kasiano with a Beaver like tackle and just drove him back), and he does have some ball skills. Bird on the other hand is more the Gifty type, a ball playing back rower. But unlike both Ferris and Gifty, Bird is a pea brain.

I dunno, I just feel that Ferris would be better value to Manly in the long run than Bird would.

I just feel like your namesake is trying to get instant success at the expense of long term gain.
The great thing about this wonderful Silvertails forum is that we can all express our passionate views . My namesake has always been ruthless and that is why he is an Immortal.
2017 will reveal who's views are the right ones . Until then there is no need for any of us to get our feathers in a knot
Let us all keep calm and carry on MANLY !!!

The great thing about this wonderful Silvertails forum is that we can all express our passionate views . My namesake has always been ruthless and that is why he is an Immortal.
2017 will reveal who's views are the right ones . Until then there is no need for any of us to get our feathers in a knot
Let us all keep calm and carry on MANLY !!!

Ruthless is right. Bozo has never been one to do it any way but his way. As I've said in these forums previously, he was ruthless when he cut fan favourite Phil Blake at the end of 1986, but it proved a masterstroke because it prompted the move of Cliffy from lock to 5/8.

But that was 30 years ago. His track record over the past decade hasn't been anywhere near as successful with NSW and right now it doesn't seem to be working at Manly.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8