Buhrer and Uate confimed

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I'm on magnetic island at the moment. Holidaying. Spoke to a bloke at the tackle shop who told me I could catch some small GTs off the jetty. I told him I hate the bloody things and can't understand l these fishing shows with these poor buggers paying ten grand tonfishbfor them for a week. Don't get me wrong they're exciting to watch coming up after your popper but seriously after two of the bloody things your backs cramping up and you're wondering why you spent thirty minutes struggling with something you can't eat. The track in is so good now it was done by a fleet of sixties era citroens recently. Get up here soon and bring a crew.

Sorry Turbo and Bozo. Buhrer was my favourite player since Menzies.

**** GT's, you can't eat them don't catch them is my motto!

I still think Manly will make two, possibly three higher end signings before next season. If rumours are to be believed then Greg Bird will be one. I know some on here wouldn't classify that as a good signing. The other two I imagine are players currently contracted to other clubs. Maybe DWZ, maybe Tupou, maybe both. But I still think our squad next year will be better than the one this season past. Sad to see Jamie go, but I'll wait and see who they replace him with. One thing's for certain it ain't Uate.

I still think Manly will make two, possibly three higher end signings before next season. If rumours are to be believed then Greg Bird will be one. I know some on here wouldn't classify that as a good signing. The other two I imagine are players currently contracted to other clubs. Maybe DWZ, maybe Tupou, maybe both. But I still think our squad next year will be better than the one this season past. Sad to see Jamie go, but I'll wait and see who they replace him with. One thing's for certain it ain't Uate.

I agree that there is probably some truth in bird.

We do need a centre to replace Matai. The club would know the riff have too many centres and are probably circling, however cant see them releasing DWZ. If anything we would be going after Whare.

That said, we just released Bruher, so the club will probably move brown into centre and give him an upgraded contract seeing the club is in the mood for making stupid decisions. :wasntme:

Interesting stat for you all .... the prize for the forward that missed the most tackles in 2016 ... Greg Bird. Seventh most missed tackles in the NRL competition, the only people in front of him .... halfbacks and 5/8s. So ... yeah .... this is the man the club is pinning their hopes on to shore up our defence for 2017.

Sure there are other areas he will help, but he can also hurt us bad both on and off the field - suspensions, injuries, and off field indiscretions. He's no BK sorry for those of you who see him as that inspirational leader. This is another high risk with strong probability of low reward move by management

These are the same bean counters that didn't really look too closely at Nate Myles stats for the prior 4 years, before signing him to a long term contract aka mill stone around our neck. If what was said in a previous post about the club being surprised with his lack of performance this year is true .... take it away World Party .... we are paying tomorrow .... and for the next 2-3 years ...

We don't have Craig Bellamy as a coach who can make average players supermen ... we need to be signing players other clubs don't want us to sign .... rather than listening to them giggling as we bury ourselves in an old roster with no talent coming through.

Last edited:
Interesting stat for you all .... the prize for the forward that missed the most tackles in 2016 ... Greg Bird. Seventh most missed tackles in the NRL competition, the only people in front of him .... halfbacks and 5/8s. So ... yeah .... this is the man the club is pinning their hopes on to shore up our defence for 2017.

Sure there are other areas he will help, but he can also hurt us bad both on and off the field - suspensions, injuries, and off field indiscretions. He's no BK sorry for those of you who see him as that inspirational leader.

These are the same bean counters that didn't really look too closely at Nate Myles stats for the prior 4 years, before signing him to a long term contract aka mill stone around our neck.

We don't have Craig Bellamy as a coach ... we need to be signing players other clubs don't want us to sign .... rather than listening to them giggling as we bury ourselves in an old roster with no talent coming through.
Your Glass is half empty I see . Cheers :)

Your Glass is half empty I see . Cheers :)

Mine may be half full .... but reading some of the recent posts I'm a little worried that your bottle is well and truly empty mate. Time for a Bex and lay down.

All of us wish nothing but the best for the club, please don't think you have a monopoly on that .... but every post season for the last 4-5 years has seen us lurch from one catastrophe to another. We're like the Costa Concordia with the board partying on the bridge while we head for the rocks .... a bit dramatic I know but geez .... let's see some good signings .... otherwise save the money for next off season when the cap gets boosted.

I don't want to see another year of our team's favourite move, pass the ball to Tommy, no lead up ... just give him the ball. I don't want to see Jake, only in his first years as an NRL player, breaking his friggin heart running time and again one off into the defensive line. These kids are our future and they deserve better. Watching Tapau the most damaging running forward in the game hitting it up one out with no support ... leaving the opposition gang tackle him and he still carries three men for 10 metres.

There is hope ... Western Bulldogs .... they were a rabble 2 years ago .... yet through a combination of good management, coaching and list changes, they were able to win the title 2 years later. I only hope we can find some of that magic ... sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
Mine may be half full .... but reading some of the recent posts I'm a little worried that your bottle is well and truly empty mate. Time for a Bex and lay down.

All of us wish nothing best for the club .... but every post season for the last 4-5 years has seen us lurch from one catastrophe to another. We're like the Costa Concordia with the board partying on the bridge while we head for the rocks .... a bit dramatic I know but geez .... let's see some good signings .... otherwise save the money for next off season when the cap gets boosted.

I don't want to see another year of our team's favourite move, pass the ball to Tommy. I don't want to see Jake, only in his first years as an NRL player, breaking his friggin heart running time and again one off into the defensive line. These kids are our future and they deserve better. Watching Tapau the most damaging running forward in the game hitting it up one out with no support ... leaving the opposition gang tackle him and he still carries three men for 10 metres.

There is hope ... Western Bulldogs .... they were a rabble 2 years ago .... yet through a combination of good management, coaching and list changes, they were able to win the title 2 years later. I only hope we can find some of that magic ... sooner rather than later.
2017 will be a better year . For a start we will have a proper 5/8 to help organize our team and the flying Walker will do what he does best at centre. I am not freaking out but chilling out drinking form my glass that is half full . Cheers !!!

2017 will be a better year . For a start we will have a proper 5/8 to help organize our team and the flying Walker will do what he does best at centre. I am not freaking out but chilling out drinking form my glass that is half full . Cheers !!!
And we haven't finished signing players yet either. Some quality still to be added to the squad for next year.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8