Broncos legend says Manly has been 'sucked in by Seibold's psycho-babble'.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well everyone seems to think Dce is quite intelligent and articulated.
Should be a match made in heaven with dce having his best year ever.
DCE may well be articulate. If he was articulated - his joints might be able to move in a 180 degree arc ..............ouch!

Psycho babble it may be. But it'll be a nice change from having this guy do all our post match press conferences.

1665918550506.png

think we need a modern coach with modern ideas
Seibold evidently ticks that box but ...
what about a coach that can instill belief in players? get a squad to bond together? build something meaningful at a club? Teach young players to be better people?
If all it took was modern game smarts, Baz would still be an NRL coach.
Will be an interesting period, no doubt.

I think the key part is mindset

Anyone can go to let's say Parramatta, Wests, Rabbitohs, riff and what they'll all have in common are 2 things

They all hate us, we are nobodies second club, you know like if manly doesn't win I wouldn't mind seeing the warriors win or Canberra or North Queensland

Nobody, anywhere or if they exist it's in tiny numbers, nobody would actively prefer manly to win a premiership over any other given club

That's why I think we're married to our ex players as coaches, they understand the mindset of being the 'bad guy'
I recall crowd support definitely in our favor in GF vs Scum...
And crowd were not predominantly "Manly first" supporters...
But then again, it was against the Scum!!!

What the Brocos Legend says

and what the New Manly Legend to be does at Manly is what will define him at Manly

The Bitter Broncos legend also fails to disclose that Seibold also has the runs of the board at souths achieving NRL coach of the year

All we could do is hope that Seibold is not a one season wonder
Seibold could be another Barrett or another Bellamy

Seibold evidently ticks that box but ...
what about a coach that can instill belief in players? get a squad to bond together? build something meaningful at a club? Teach young players to be better people?
If all it took was modern game smarts, Baz would still be an NRL coach.
Will be an interesting period, no doubt.
Fair comment as well, maybe a new coach might have both??

No doubting Des’s attachment/ loyalty/ father figure relationships with the players , so that’s one box ticked by he fails dismally in the other area.

It would be a tough gig , apart from the money I’m buggered if I know why anyone would do it !!

Surprised that someone like Renouf [or based on his previous public persona ] would show that level of part hostility or certainly disrespect to Seibold . Sounded very personal and doubt that he would have had that much direct contact with him or reason to feel so critical . Fact that Seibold is still in some demand , even with other codes should indicate that he still has something positive and worthwhile to offer . Bit over the top , very good footy career and seems like a reasonable bloke but to get so personal and disparaging , again really lacking some substance and justification doing so . .

No doubting Des’s attachment/ loyalty/ father figure relationships with the players , so that’s one box ticked by he fails dismally in the other area.
But was it all players? To me he definitely had favourites and I wouldn't be at all surprised if this had more to do with the apparent split in the player group than that lovely jersey.

It would be a tough gig , apart from the money I’m buggered if I know why anyone would do it !!
We are passion driven feathered friend

and passion is a form of obsession

You would do it because you have the passion for it

Just like you have the passion for your fishing

Hope your feeling well today Feathered friend x

I wish good luck to Seibold because he is walking into an ambush. The office workers at the club, the owners, the players, and the fans will turn on him really quick if the team doesn't win.

Besides jake and olakau'atu our forward pack is one of the worst in the league. So Seibold is in for a tough time.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7