Broncos legend says Manly has been 'sucked in by Seibold's psycho-babble'.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I wish good luck to Seibold because he is walking into an ambush. The office workers at the club, the owners, the players, and the fans will turn on him really quick if the team doesn't win.

Besides jake and olakau'atu our forward pack is one of the worst in the league. So Seibold is in for a tough time.
And the reason why I think he’ll need two years ( if our roster doesn’t change fro what we have now ).

Surprised that someone like Renouf [or based on his previous public persona ] would show that level of part hostility or certainly disrespect to Seibold . Sounded very personal and doubt that he would have had that much direct contact with him or reason to feel so critical . Fact that Seibold is still in some demand , even with other codes should indicate that he still has something positive and worthwhile to offer . Bit over the top , very good footy career and seems like a reasonable bloke but to get so personal and disparaging , again really lacking some substance and justification doing so . .
Very , VERY much a big part of the old boys.

Remember I was involved with the broncos for 2-3 years so I got to see how influential they are.

Certainly pre Seibold time but nevertheless I saw it first hand.

Seibold's analysis segments seem insightful and easy for a fan to understand.
I note that Renouf was also a huge supporter of Walters coming in as coach. Why does he still have an axe to grind?

We also got recommended Trent who was meant to be the next super coach.
Even the bloke who sang his praises sacked him from the dogs.
Opinions mean nothing, especially in coaching. The ball is in his court on how his time at Manly will be remembered.

I never really wanted Seibold as our coach but will reluctantly get behind him. As long as he never gives us a wooden spoon I’ll be happy. I’m not excepting him to give us a premiership but if he gets us in the eight from 2024 and keeps us there he earns an extension.

Gus sold Barrett as the Golden Child.

Maroons like Lewis and Vautin talked up Mitchell Pearce every year when Origin was rolling around.

I'm scared.

I can name about 9 ex Manly coaches that didn't win us a premiership ...

Wally O'Connell
Roy Bull
Ken Arthurson
Tony Paskins
George Hunter
Allan Thomson
Ray Ritchie
Alan Thompson
Geoff Toovey
Cool trick but that wasn't the question

Now please reveal the manly premiership coach who did not play for manly in his playing career

Yeah i don't really follow "the Manly need an old boy coach to win"

The non manly coaches that have been tried have been bad coaches. Sharp, Barrett.

If Bellamy comes to Manly and can't win then I will change my mind.

Yeah ... especially if Arko was still in charge with an open cheque book like he was in the 70's and 80's ... Daffy Duck coaching would have been a chance of a Premiership ... with the talent he brought to the club ..

Another question is how many grand finals did we lose with a Manly coach in charge .. a lot more than we won ...

Yep I’m mates with a now ex employee but very much part of the inner circle , and that’s what happened.

The roster was poor as well but the old boys hated the choice made and did ever they could to see him fail.
The social media attack on Seibolds family was disgusting. Especially the stuff aimed at his daughters mental health. Those spineless pricks have yet to be officially identified.
Even if Siebold is a train wreck at Manly, I believe no Manly old boys (or anyone associated with Manly, including us fans) would ever stoop to that level of sickness.

Hopefully we are smart and maybe only sign him for 2 seasons to begin with!

I would hate for us to be making the same mistake with seibs as the dogs did with Baz....

Assumption is that flanno could be next in line thereafter

Got to say that article is hilarious. The amount of times they repeated the phrase psycho-babble is so funny.
Kind of states that all Broncos are thick. Didn't need to tell me this.
Hopefully Manly players are smarter. Maybe Manly can employ someone to hold up picture cards to match the psycho-babble.
Run.
Tackle.
Catch ball.
Don't drop ball.
Score try.
High five team mates.

Go Manly!@:D

I agree that we have developed this inbred mind set of needing somebody that played for Manly. The game has evolved and you need a smart coach, good support staff and effective systems that are consistently implemented at all levels of the club. Some people are wedded to old ideas and can't change and the world leaves them behind.
To be successful you also need comfortable and modern garden furniture.

Surprised that someone like Renouf [or based on his previous public persona ] would show that level of part hostility or certainly disrespect to Seibold . Sounded very personal and doubt that he would have had that much direct contact with him or reason to feel so critical . Fact that Seibold is still in some demand , even with other codes should indicate that he still has something positive and worthwhile to offer . Bit over the top , very good footy career and seems like a reasonable bloke but to get so personal and disparaging , again really lacking some substance and justification doing so . .
Renouf was on team Walters and p1ssed off that Siebold got the gig ahead of him, no surprise that he'd come out spitting that bs

Having an Ex player as a Coach is the ideal Scenario but not essential for Success, Fix our Football department and Hire a Top level Coach and we will have Success...
Yep, ex manly players have coached 11 premierships since 1972. Willey, biscuits, bozo, Des, Cleary, Reilly.

Non-manly coaches win the rest, so that’s another perspective.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8