broncos exposed.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A lot of this discussion will be moot in two years.

Des and co. have most of the squad off contract over the next two years and so a golden opportunity to rebuild the steaming pile of ****e that Barrett left us in to a formidable side.

Do the Broncos own sandcorp? The way I see it is that the Brisbane rl comp is above the ISP but still knowhere near NRL standard.
I believe Brisbane could easily supply enough supporters for a second team, if possible just have the second team play away when Broncos play at home and both play at sandcorp.
That said I don't see a second brissie team in the immediate future, the Broncos have too much political nouse when it comes to the NRL.

Do the Broncos own sandcorp? The way I see it is that the Brisbane rl comp is above the ISP but still knowhere near NRL standard.
I believe Brisbane could easily supply enough supporters for a second team, if possible just have the second team play away when Broncos play at home and both play at sandcorp.
That said I don't see a second brissie team in the immediate future, the Broncos have too much political nouse when it comes to the NRL.

Bronco's rent Wally World just like we rent Brookie, mate.

Govt tipped in $380 million to build that for them (from memory).

Des and co. have most of the squad off contract over the next two years and so a golden opportunity to rebuild the steaming pile of ****e that Barrett left us in to a formidable side.

Agree 100% , which is why I don’t get everyone’s absolute optimism for 2019.

I’d expect up to half ( but at least a third) if the current side won’t be here in 2020.

This isn’t the side Des built, it’s one he inherited.

It’s why, whilst I share your enthusiasm about the club feeling more “ Manly like” I can’t get too excited about the 2019 season.

This ISN’T the side the coach built , it’s the side he inherited.

We finished 15th this year, the coach and staff will improve us in many ways for example I don’t see us getting run down leading by 20 with 10 minutes to go BUT thinking we are top 4 is just waaaaaay to optimistic.

Somewhere between 8-12 and I’d be personally very happy but if I had to pick I’d go in the middle andday 10th.
We had the same players in 2017 & finished 6th under master coach Barrett yet suddenly we struggle to make it to 10th with Des as coach & a better roster lololol!

Good one mate! Nice to know you refer to all our players as a steaming pile of $#it!! Great Manly supporter you are eh?

Des has basically inherited the squad for 2019, but I believe that there will be a big clean out at the end of next season when the salary cap penalty is gone and Des and Crusher can start to build a stronger squad. And don't be surprised if there is one or two "stars" who will be gone as part of the clean out.

@Ryan , I do get a lot of your points, but in all seriousness not all of them can play for Blacktown before playing for Manly. The loss of Uate and Kelly means that Des is probably going to have to take a gamble and play an untried centre or winger at the start of the season (I think Suli will get one spot). And while LG may not be the best 5/8 going around, I can't see him starting in NSW Cup either unless Des decides to play Hodko alongside DCE (Croker will only see first grade as an injury or Origin time replacement IMO). We don't need LG to be as good as Foran was for us, we just need him to be solid like Blake Green was and to be able to compliment Cherry and be the organiser he needs to get back to his running best. LG's talented enough to do that at the very least. And besides, its better than playing Dylan Walker in the halves again.

Personally, I think if Des can get the team to gel, get them playing as a team instead of a pack of individuals like we seemed to under Barrett, I can see us improving to at worst 10th in 2019, at best around 5th or 6th. The players need clearly defined roles which is another thing that they seemed to lack under Barrett. And with those roles come better game plans and better structures in attack and defence.

Our top 17 is likely to be fairly strong. Unfortunately though its not a perfect world so we don't have the quality in replacements right now should injury or rep duty come into it. But its something we have to live with, though I think Des is a lot better at selecting replacements than Barrett was (experience helps).

Last edited:
We had the same players in 2017 & finished 6th under master coach Barrett yet suddenly we struggle to make it to 10th with Des as coach & a better roster lololol!

Well let’s see who’s doing the LOL next September!!

It might be you, but it might be me!

Agree 100% , which is why I don’t get everyone’s absolute optimism for 2019.

I’d expect up to half ( but at least a third) if the current side won’t be here in 2020.

This isn’t the side Des built, it’s one he inherited.
This is not the side to lead us to our next title
Jake Tom dce AFB and MF are the only four really who I can see staying the rest are fighting for the survival..don’t see api as the 9 Des wants and don’t think Marty or walker fit Des ‘s style of player.

This is not the side to lead us to our next title
Jake Tom dce AFB and MF are the only four really who I can see staying the rest are fighting for the survival..don’t see api as the 9 Des wants and don’t think Marty or walker fit Des ‘s style of player.
I think the next Premiership winning side will not look much like the one that’s going to run out in 2019.

I see at least a third, possibly even half of the current side not even being there in 2020.

I’m not being negative ( many will think I am) I’m just being realistic.

I think the next Premiership winning side will not look much like the one that’s going to run out in 2019.

I see at least a third, possibly even half of the current side not even being there in 2020.

I’m not being negative ( many will think I am) I’m just being realistic.
Me too
I just can’t see much of this squad surviving
Not as bad as 2018 position but in my mind like you best case 5th
Probably around 10th.

I recently watched a documentary on the NFL's 1985 Chicago Bears side, regarded as one of the greatest. Two years earlier they appointed a new hard nose coach who got the players attention following the first training with a speech that started: "I've got good news, and bad news for you blokes. First the good news; we'll win the Superbowl within two years. Now the bad news; half of you won't be here to enjoy it."

I recently watched a documentary on the NFL's 1985 Chicago Bears side, regarded as one of the greatest. Two years earlier they appointed a new hard nose coach who got the players attention following the first training with a speech that started: "I've got good news, and bad news for you blokes. First the good news; we'll win the Superbowl within two years. Now the bad news; half of you won't be here to enjoy it."

Game was shown live here in Aust. Bears were my team and Walter Paton my hero ..... loved the Refridgerator .....

Breaking: Wayne Bennett has been terminated by the Brisbane Broncos. Sad end to a relationship that stems more than 20 years and six premierships.
-----
Now for Baz to POQ

YEP. Bennett to get two salaries next season. Nice work.
Can't understand why Souffs would want the pensioner. Sebold is well liked and an emerging coaching talent.

Because Siebold signed with Brisbane first.

I am sure they wanted Siebold, but if he was off, they had to sign someone.

Why they chose the sun dried preying mantis I don't know, but its Rusty's money so who cares!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8