broncos exposed.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
When it comes to coaching / support staff, we've gone from the basement, to the penthouse ourselves.

We are looking like a glamour club again.

Next season, with so many players off contract, I'd expect is to be very active as well.

Going to be amazing to be hated / envied again, rather than attaining sympathy.
I’m so looking forward to our club being a destination of choice again rather than a last chance saloon!!

I’m so looking forward to our club being a destination of choice again rather than a last chance saloon!!

Honestly mate, that's what we are now. A place reggie players go to get a shot, because they aren't good enough to play anywhere else. That, or players sacked by other clubs:

+ Moses Suli: Sacked, overweight, still partying despite 2 clubs getting rid of/sacking him for that exact reason.
+ Kane Elgey: Languishing in Gold Coast's reserve grade team
+ Brendan Elliott: Languishing in Roosters, Gold Coasts & Knights reserve grade team(s) - some of those teams awful
+ Reuben Garrick: Languishing in The Dragons reserve grade team
+ Sean Keppie: 0 games, unwanted at Parramatta, a team with 0 talent
+ Semisi Kioa: Who?
+ Corey Waddell: Unwanted at Panthers, couldn't get a gig elsewhere

Seriously, this recruitment is as bad as it's ever been. And I'm including Northern Eagles days. In a perfect world, they are all Blacktown at best players.

Thank the LORD Crusher is here, so hopefully we can land some good players in the future. Most are off contract next season, which is a good thing. Here's the list of who I'd keep, let go (that are off contract according to zero tackle):

Jade Anderson(keep)
Cade Cust (keep)
Manase Fainu (Keep)
Tevita Funa(keep)
Albert Hopoate (keep)
Apisai Koroisau (keep)
Luke Metcalf (keep)
Taniela Paseka (keep)
Curtis Sironen (keep)
Kelepi Tanginoa (keep)
Joel Thompson (keep)
Dylan Walker (keep)

Lachlan Croker(gone)
Brendan Elliot(gone)
Reuben Garrick (gone)
Jack Gosiewski (gone)
Trent Hodkinson (gone) ,
Sean Keppie(gone)
Semisi Kioa (gone)
Haumole Olakau'atu (gone)
Brad Parker (gone) ,
Lloyd Perrett(gone)
Toafofoa Sipley (gone)
Moses Suli (gone)
Jorge Taufua (gone)
Corey Waddell (gone)
Frank Winterstein (gone)

Now, I supplement that with these guys have a chance to prove me wrong, and themselves as keepers this coming season.

Honestly mate, that's what we are now. A place reggie players go to get a shot, because they aren't good enough to play anywhere else. That, or players sacked by other clubs:

+ Moses Suli: Sacked, overweight, still partying despite 2 clubs getting rid of/sacking him for that exact reason.
+ Brendan Elliott: Languishing in Roosters, Gold Coasts & Knights reserve grade team(s) - some of those teams awful

Seriously, this recruitment is as bad as it's ever been. And I'm including Northern Eagles days. In a perfect world, they are all Blacktown at best players.

Thank the LORD Crusher is here, so hopefully we can land some good players in the future. Most are off contract next season, which is a good thing. Here's the list of who I'd keep, let go (that are off contract according to zero tackle):

Jade Anderson(keep)
Cade Cust (keep)
Manase Fainu (Keep)
Tevita Funa(keep)
Albert Hopoate (keep)
Apisai Koroisau (keep)
Luke Metcalf (keep)
Taniela Paseka (keep)
Curtis Sironen (keep)
Kelepi Tanginoa (keep)
Joel Thompson (keep)
Dylan Walker (keep)

Lachlan Croker(gone)
Brendan Elliot(gone)
Reuben Garrick (gone)
Jack Gosiewski (gone)
Trent Hodkinson (gone) ,
Sean Keppie(gone)
Semisi Kioa (gone)
Brad Parker (gone) ,
Lloyd Perrett(gone)
Toafofoa Sipley (gone)
Moses Suli (gone)
Jorge Taufua (gone)
Corey Waddell (gone)
Frank Winterstein (gone)

Now, I supplement that with these guys have a chance to prove me wrong, and themselves as keepers this coming season.
Money ball,you don't have to buy the high end players.
Just got to pick the players that will fit the Manly mould

Money ball,you don't have to buy the high end players.
Just got to pick the players that will fit the Manly mould

Say that to teams like the Knights, Titans & others that have been trying to build and develop, and have now realised blue chip players are required.

Remember how Des turned us around earlier? Think names like Kennedy, Kite, Orford, Lyon, Bell & many others. He created a quality core, then built around them. We are bringing in scrubs right now. It's not Des fault. I believe he'll turn it around. But our blackline this coming season (and last) was potentially leagues worst.

Jade Anderson(keep)
Cade Cust (keep)
Manase Fainu (Keep)
Tevita Funa(keep)
Albert Hopoate (keep)
Apisai Koroisau (keep)
Luke Metcalf (keep)
Taniela Paseka (keep)
Curtis Sironen (keep)
Kelepi Tanginoa (keep)
Joel Thompson (keep)
Dylan Walker (keep)

Lachlan Croker(gone)
Brendan Elliot(gone)
Reuben Garrick (gone)
Jack Gosiewski (gone)
Trent Hodkinson (gone) ,
Sean Keppie(gone)
Semisi Kioa (gone)
Brad Parker (gone) ,
Lloyd Perrett(gone)
Toafofoa Sipley (gone)
Moses Suli (gone)
Jorge Taufua (gone)
Corey Waddell (gone)
Frank Winterstein (gone)

Geez mate, you have written of a LOT of young blokes there before they have even had a chance to pull on the jersey.

Prime example is Garrick - he is a kid who was stuck behind some very good backs at the Dragons. Hardly a journeyman.

I won't pull apart the entire list, but you get my drift

Jade Anderson(keep)
Cade Cust (keep)
Manase Fainu (Keep)
Tevita Funa(keep)
Albert Hopoate (keep)
Apisai Koroisau (keep)
Luke Metcalf (keep)
Taniela Paseka (keep)
Curtis Sironen (keep)
Kelepi Tanginoa (keep)
Joel Thompson (keep)
Dylan Walker (keep)

Lachlan Croker(gone)
Brendan Elliot(gone)
Reuben Garrick (gone)
Jack Gosiewski (gone)
Trent Hodkinson (gone) ,
Sean Keppie(gone)
Semisi Kioa (gone)
Brad Parker (gone) ,
Lloyd Perrett(gone)
Toafofoa Sipley (gone)
Moses Suli (gone)
Jorge Taufua (gone)
Corey Waddell (gone)
Frank Winterstein (gone)

I think if you changed that to “ jury’s out” for those new guys it would be fairer, but I agree our recruiting ( could be due to cap issues ) has been terrible this year, not a single player of real note.

Geez mate, you have written of a LOT of young blokes there before they have even had a chance to pull on the jersey.

Prime example is Garrick - he is a kid who was stuck behind some very good backs at the Dragons. Hardly a journeyman.

I won't pull apart the entire list, but you get my drift

Dragons side was woefully injured at points last year, and Garrick couldn't break into the team. Think names like:
+ Lomax
+ Pereira

and others (no names), who made their debut before him last season (some younger than him).

These guys are developmental players. They aren't first grade talent. Next season, we have:

01. Tom Trbojevic (outstanding)
02. Jorge Taufua (only really there because of lack of options. Maybe Brad Parker? (Barrett dropped him at seasons end to Reggies)
03. Suli / Garrick / Elliott / Parker / Funa (none up to scratch) (All in Reggies last season at some points)
04. Dylan Walker (outstanding)
05. Suli / Garrick / Elliott / Parker / Funa (none up to scratch) (All in Reggies last season at some points)
06. Kane Elgey / Lachlan Croker (I'd say they are on par talent wise) (Both in Reggies last season at some points)

It's not really inspiring (or lends confidence), when you consider:

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Robertson
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Will Hopoate
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry Evans

OR

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Robertson
03. Steve Matai
04. Steven Bell
05. David Williams
06. Jamie Lyon
07. Matt Orford

We are woefully understrength, experience-wise, in the backs. No question. But to describe someone like Funa as "not up to scratch" is demeaning to a kid who is just 20 and several seasons away from reaching his potential. We will need some of these young blokes to mature quickly and do a job normally left for much older players. But youth, speed, determination and eagerness is what our backs lacked last season.

Say that to teams like the Knights, Titans & others that have been trying to build and develop, and have now realised blue chip players are required.
We have got a quality core,now we have Des.
Remember how Des turned us around earlier? Think names like Kennedy, Kite, Orford, Lyon, Bell & many others. He created a quality core, then built around them. We are bringing in scrubs right now. It's not Des fault. I believe he'll turn it around. But our blackline this coming season (and last) was potentially leagues worst.

We are woefully understrength, experience-wise, in the backs. No question. But to describe someone like Funa as "not up to scratch" is demeaning to a kid who is just 20 and several seasons away from reaching his potential. We will need some of these young blokes to mature quickly and do a job normally left for much older players. But youth, speed, determination and eagerness is what our backs lacked last season.

And with Kelly gone, worse next season. Are people wanting me to praise the backline? I'm not sure what people are wanting?
I agree. They need time to develop. But not at Manly (in first grade).

I'm happy for them to attempt to all be standouts at Blacktown, to force Des hand into selecting them.

But not ONE of our potential players were standouts in their existing reserve grade and/or NYC teams last season.

They are here, because we are the only team light enough in the backline that they'd have a potential opportunity.

We need to be real here guys.

Dragons side was woefully injured at points last year, and Garrick couldn't break into the team. Think names like:
+ Lomax
+ Pereira

and others (no names), who made their debut before him last season (some younger than him).

These guys are developmental players. They aren't first grade talent. Next season, we have:

01. Tom Trbojevic (outstanding)
02. Jorge Taufua (only really there because of lack of options. Maybe Brad Parker? (Barrett dropped him at seasons end to Reggies)
03. Suli / Garrick / Elliott / Parker / Funa (none up to scratch) (All in Reggies last season at some points)
04. Dylan Walker (outstanding)
05. Suli / Garrick / Elliott / Parker / Funa (none up to scratch) (All in Reggies last season at some points)
06. Kane Elgey / Lachlan Croker (I'd say they are on par talent wise) (Both in Reggies last season at some points)

It's not really inspiring (or lends confidence), when you consider:

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Robertson
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Will Hopoate
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry Evans

OR

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Robertson
03. Steve Matai
04. Steven Bell
05. David Williams
06. Jamie Lyon
07. Matt Orford

Lol

Lomax had massive wraps on him. And that Periera played fantastic when he got in.

David Williams and Robbo were discards from other clubs yet you're happy to hold them up as poster boys for brilliant backlines of the past (which they definitely were).

Seems a little counter intuitive.

Anyway, off topic.

I'll get back to my daydreaming of knock off beers......

We've got a core,some good young bucks and Des and his staff,I would reckon itsagreat start for a rebuild.

And with Kelly gone, worse next season. Are people wanting me to praise the backline? I'm not sure what people are wanting?

I'm happy for them to attempt to all be standouts at Blacktown, to force Des hand into selecting them.

But not ONE of our potential players were standouts in their existing reserve grade and/or NYC teams last season.

They are here, because we are the only team light enough in the backline that they'd have a potential opportunity.

I can't comment about the recruits from other clubs, but I did watch Funa play in Flegg several times and he was their outstanding back. He looks strong, quick enough and I think he has the potential to be an excellent first grader. My issue was the phrase you used to describe him and others as "Not up to it". That is yet to be seen. At their ages and stages in their careers they are all obviously good prospects.

It’s why, whilst I share your enthusiasm about the club feeling more “ Manly like” I can’t get too excited about the 2019 season.

This ISN’T the side the coach built , it’s the side he inherited.

We finished 15th this year, the coach and staff will improve us in many ways for example I don’t see us getting run down leading by 20 with 10 minutes to go BUT thinking we are top 4 is just waaaaaay to optimistic.

Somewhere between 8-12 and I’d be personally very happy but if I had to pick I’d go in the middle andday 10th.

Lol

Lomax had massive wraps on him. And that Periera played fantastic when he got in.

David Williams and Robbo were discards from other clubs yet you're happy to hold them up as poster boys for brilliant backlines of the past (which they definitely were).

Seems a little counter intuitive.

Anyway, off topic.

I'll get back to my daydreaming of knock off beers......
Nah, all good mate. We can disagree on a topic. Respect your opinion of course.

My reply to that, is when Wolfman and Robbo came in, they were surrounded by generational ( or extremely fantastic) players. Guys like Stewart, Matai, Lyon, Foran, DCE, Bell and others.

They were then (centres at least) getting ball from guys like G Stewart, Watmough, Menzies and others.

You can't compare the inclusion of B-grade / C-grade prospects to the situation Robbo, Hoppa or Wolfy found themselves in at the time.

Chalk and cheese mate. Therefore, these guys need to be better equipped, more talented, more focused to handle the rigours, because they won't be carried if / when needed (and we have to be fair, and say any players in their position will need support).

Last season we saw what happens when you attach a guy like Suli, to a guy like Parker. They became targets in both attack and defense. From their side, they didn't score, they missed tackles, they dropped mountains of ball, they were immobile, slow and lethargic, and as soon as any good team needed a burst, all that was needed was a sweeping play down their side, and it was almost a guaranteed try.

Daniel Tupou tore them an absolute new arsehole. It was shameful.

Anyway, good luck to these guys. If it were one / two (at most) coming in, fine. But it's a 5/8, a winger, a centre all being added to the debacle out wide known as Jorge Taufua (makes Manu Vatuvai look like Usain Bolt).

Okay, that's a fair call mate. I take that back. Can I rephrase, to "needs more time in NSW Cup to develop against grown men."

There is plenty of potential (sorry everyone if I'm coming across like I don't think that, because I do).

But we are bringing in a large contingent of reserve grade players, to some very inconsistent performers last season.

It's not going to be as roses as people think.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4