broncos exposed.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Can guarantee I am 100% not mourning the loss of that profile pic...
I actually heard a rumour that you would sometimes focus intensely on that profile picture some mornings... then immediately after hit the bags... some of your best work was achieved on those mornings I believe... although mAaybe I just dreamt the entire scenario.

Just need to wait for the Gold Coast to fail for a fourth time and then have them play out of Suncorp Stadium as Ipswich Logan Scorpians.

Last Premiership win was 2006 . Ours was 2011 .
These cock heads should hang their horse heads in shame . They have the best of everything up there but all those resources prove jack sht as far as success goes .

They have the best of everything up there but all those resources prove jack sht as far as success goes .

The only times Brisbane have won the premiership is when they basically had at least 2/3's of the Kangaroos test and Qld Origin teams in their squad, or when they made their own competition designed largely just for them. Despite all their money, they haven't been able to get that quality in a dozen years, even in 2015 when they actually made the GF (Bennett's 2nd loss BTW, not his first like the media were proclaiming. We here at Silvertails all know when his other loss was hehehe).

Last edited:
The problem for any second team in Brisbane is that the Donkeys are so ingrained with corporate and media in Brisbane that they will not only oppose any new team in the city, but if one does happen to get in that they will do whatever they can to kill them off or at least keep them well and truly down.

They effectively declared war on the Crushers who literally stood no chance. And they will do the same to any second team in Brisbane.

The problem for any second team in Brisbane is that the Donkeys are so ingrained with corporate and media in Brisbane that they will not only oppose any new team in the city, but if one does happen to get in that they will do whatever they can to kill them off or at least keep them well and truly down.

They effectively declared war on the Crushers who literally stood no chance. And they will do the same to any second team in Brisbane.
That same argument could have been applied to the Sydney Swans but GWS has been a success both on and off the field.

I think a second team will certainly have the benefit of hindsight on how the Crushers were suffocated out.

And a new club would need very big corporate names behind it. I know that Bombers consortium had names that made you sit up and take notice.

Time will tell!

I think a second team will certainly have the benefit of hindsight on how the Crushers were suffocated out.

And a new club would need very big corporate names behind it. I know that Bombers consortium had names that made you sit up and take notice.

Time will tell!

Yes they were well connected , and will need to be as there’s no doubt the Donkeys will try and do exactly the same to any newcomer regardless of the NRL’s position on doing so.

That same argument could have been applied to the Sydney Swans but GWS has been a success both on and off the field.

That's true. But there is a difference when you look at that situation compared to the one in league with the Broncos and Crushers.

The AFL are fully committed to having a second team in Sydney and even gave them advantages (draft picks) at the start to get them established. When the Crushers came in, they kind of got forgotten about by the ARL because they were trying to fight off Super League. In effect, while GWS have gotten the full support of the AFL to make it work, the Crushers were left to fend for themselves because the ARL was well and truly focused elsewhere.

If SL hadn't have come along (shock horror, the Broncos were behind that), there is every chance that the South Queensland Crushers might still be playing in the NRL today because the ARL would have been able to try and help them get established.

If there is to be a second Brisbane team in the future, and there needs to be, then whoever gets the licence will need to be committed to be in it for the long haul because even though there are a lot in Brisbane who don't like the Broncos, they are well and truly established and do have a monopoly in the city and that is a big hurdle to overcome. Whoever owns the licence will have to fully realise that for the first few years they are probably going to bleed money and they need to be fully prepared for that.

Guess that one of the main considerations with any new additional team [ teams ] admitted and no doubt one would be based in southern Queensland- Brisbane region , would be the arrangements then of the N R L club allocations that have recently been increased . So with say a two team expansion , another 2 times 13 . 4 mil . [ present allocation ] or reducing the current allocation per club . Preference would be status quo by the existing clubs for sure so then the next media deal would be of additional significance then and any proposed expansion then in conjunction with trying to derive some more revenue value from any revised media deal . Another Brisbane and Perth teams would be the most likely outcome for any expansion plans but also ideally would no doubt have to be combined with increased income from any new media deal for the N R L .

I live in Brisbane and I can tell you 100% a second Brissie team will not work. There is absolutely no way these fans who worship the donkeys would ever even consider supporting another side, the broncs have had it too long by themselves and are far too ingrained. Logan would also continue supporting the broncs, Ipswich would stand a better chance as they are slightly more removed.

I live in Brisbane and I can tell you 100% a second Brissie team will not work. There is absolutely no way these fans who worship the donkeys would ever even consider supporting another side, the broncs have had it too long by themselves and are far too ingrained. Logan would also continue supporting the broncs, Ipswich would stand a better chance as they are slightly more removed.

That's what they said about the Sea Eagles breaking away from Norths in '47. It'll never work.

Half of Brisbane cannot stand the Bronco's. And that is a conservative number.

I know plenty who love footy but won't attend Bronco's games.

Redcliffe. Has massive financial clout and can tap into the Sunshine Coast region too.

Half of Brisbane cannot stand the Bronco's. And that is a conservative number.

I know plenty who love footy but won't attend Bronco's games.

Redcliffe. Has massive financial clout and can tap into the Sunshine Coast region too.

There’s 3 distinct areas that could work, Logan ( but that also sits between Brisvegas and the Goldie and IMO is the least favourable), the Redcliffe peninsula ( massive growth area out that way these days), or my favourite Ipswich.

I just reckon Ippy is far enough away from Red Hill to garner a whole stack of new support and keep the momentum going.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8