broncos exposed.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...e/news-story/5583d7871ace0e96476ad21e43703460

Secret NRL State of the Game document proves Brisbane’s overwhelming advantage.

A secret NRL State of the Game document has revealed the extraordinary monopoly the Broncos hold over their premiership rivals that will escalate demands for a second Brisbane team.

The report exposes the Broncos’ overwhelming dominance in sponsorship earnings, corporate support, game day revenue, membership income, merchandise sales and staffing numbers that obliterate their rivals.

The confidential document on the 2017 season reveals the Broncos are the only club in the NRL to be making a profit and that only a second Brisbane team will level the playing field and ensure the future fairness and integrity of the competition.

The reports shows:

* The Broncos have 81 full time football club staff compared to rival teams that operate on shoestring budgets with less than 30 employees.

* They also have the highest commercial revenue of $32.9 million, three times more than struggling Sydney based clubs the Manly Sea Eagles, the Wests Tigers and the Parramatta Eels.

The Broncos also make $7.3 million in game day revenue over the season, more than double their nearest rivals the Penrith Panthers, who make $3 million. The Warriors, Sharks and Eels ($1.1 million) and the Bulldogs ($1 million) were hopelessly out of the Broncos’ range.

* Brisbane have 36,298 members spending an average of $186, compared to the Bulldogs whose 18,000 members spend an average of only $58.50.

Interestingly Melbourne Storm members spend the most in the competition, an average of $262.

The report shows clubs across the games have focused on the acquisition of members above profitability.

Memberships grew eight per cent but membership revenue increased by only two per cent. The Panthers average only $70 per member because they give away so many freebies.

Also members use only 50 per cent of their ticket entitlements which leaves thousands of empty seats at ‘sold-out’ games.

MORE NRL NEWS...

The NRL ranked the 16 clubs on a viability scorecard taking into account ticket sales, sponsorship, corporate hospitality, memberships, merchandise sales and game day revenue.

The Broncos blew their rivals away in every category.

In sponsorship the Parramatta Eels, the Canberra Raiders, the Sea Eagles and the Wests Tigers were the worst performing clubs. The Gold Coast Titans were by far the worst in merchandise sales.

The report will increase calls for expansion and a second team in Brisbane.

For too long the Broncos have had a city (2.4 million population) to themselves while nine Sydney clubs are competing against in other in the one market.

It is astounding they have not won a premiership since 2006 considering their financial superiority,

At least the NRL is soon to implement a cap on coaching staff spending to stop the Broncos and the wealthier clubs from getting too far ahead of their rivals.

The document reveals great detail the costs of running an NRL club in the modern era.

* The average wage of an NRL head coach is $611,000. Five coaches were on more than $750,000 a season. Twelve coaches have free cars. Some coaches are on as little as $350,000 while the likes of Craig Bellamy and Wayne Bennett are on over $1 million.

* The average salary for a chief executive was $411,000.

In sponsorship the Parramatta Eels, the Canberra Raiders, the Sea Eagles and the Wests Tigers were the worst performing clubs
Yes there is a squeeze in terms of many clubs in 'the Sydney market'.

But surely the famous Manly Sea Eagles is such an iconic - and successful - brand that we should be able to do better in this area?

Maybe if the ownership structure was a little different we'd do better? I can't help wondering if the Penns want to maintain total control at the expense of attracting broader commercial involvement with the club?

Nothing we didn't suspect but it's good to have firm figures to show the uphill battle a small suburban club like Manly has against the behemoth from the north.

And they still can’t win a comp
Dear Trent .
The Broncos have more staff and the best of facilities than you can ever dream of but they still cant win the comp .
Do you get it Trent ?
Excuses dont win anything Trent .

Another enlightening press conference pic of the guru coach Trent Barrett
Trent has proved that he is no motivator or innovator
Trent has demonstrated to be meditator who has proven to put his team to a tranquil sleep with his half time talks.

dce-barrett.jpg

Peter Beattie said when he became chairman that his priority was expansion,Perth, Fiji, Country NSW, PNG, another New Zealand team, as well as Ipswich and Redcliffe........I'd say the teams closest to Brisbane would be the longest odds of getting a start. Realistically the Greater Brisbane area could probably support another four teams, that's not going to happen while the Broncos power brokers hold sway though.

You should see the new facility they have moved into at Red Hill; it was an TAFE college that the State Government sold them for half of it's actual value. I remember them getting two million as an election promise from Uncle Mal to help them with the move across the road.

Bring in a second team now.

The game desperately needs a second Brisbane team and this question is aimed at our Brisbane fans.

Do you think it’s better to start one from scratch or promote an existing club and form an alliance with another?

Can the Ipswich Jets form one alone or the Redcliffe Dolphins? Would either of those teams have the support needed or can 2 teams in close proximity of those areas form a joint venture?

This may sound silly but I know people down here in Sydney who would follow anything with a dolphin in it and were ready to sign up as a Gold Coast member when they tried to buy the dolphin emblem off Redcliffe. Of course that failed and they ended up with the stupid titan emblem.

I wonder if the Brisbane fans collectively would rather support an existing team they’ve grown up with in their own Brisbane Comp or a team brought up from scratch that no one can identify with from the outset?

I think that the NRL should expand with an extra team in Brisbane / Melbourne / Townsville / Eastern Suburbs. In fact in any area that Manly have been cheated out of a win by doggy decisions!

Brisbane Bombers syndicate did seem to have one of the most credible previous cases for a second Brisbane or Southern Queensland franchise . Really has been a farcical and quite discredited situation since the inception of the Broncos and their monopoly and sense of entitlement position and attitude and again does not reflect well on their organization or team formats that they have been relatively unsuccessful in the premiership stakes since they were admitted in 1988 . Lucky to win in 2006 in my opinion also and then the Thoroughbreds factor to be taken into account with that dubious practice and the considerable advantage that it provided . Very hard to defend the indefensible and the Bronco 's monopoly factor is certainly in that category .

The game desperately needs a second Brisbane team and this question is aimed at our Brisbane fans.

Do you think it’s better to start one from scratch or promote an existing club and form an alliance with another?

Can the Ipswich Jets form one alone or the Redcliffe Dolphins? Would either of those teams have the support needed or can 2 teams in close proximity of those areas form a joint venture?

This may sound silly but I know people down here in Sydney who would follow anything with a dolphin in it and were ready to sign up as a Gold Coast member when they tried to buy the dolphin emblem off Redcliffe. Of course that failed and they ended up with the stupid titan emblem.

I wonder if the Brisbane fans collectively would rather support an existing team they’ve grown up with in their own Brisbane Comp or a team brought up from scratch that no one can identify with from the outset?

Brisbane will embrace a team brought up from the Qld Cup.

Redcliffe is the obvious choice. Massive dollars, huge support and corporate clout.

There was a consortium around 5 years ago using thr name Brisbane Bombers. I read their prospectus/offering and they had some pretty heavy hitters involved too. I think the NRL tapped them and said "no chance for the time being" but it looked pretty impressive. They were proposing to base the club out Ipswich way, but utilise Suncorp for games if I recall correctly.

The Bronco's will fight tooth and nail to stop it.

I know first hand the dirty tactics the Bronco's employed to choke the Crushers out of Brisbane.

I also know as fact a LOT of people in Brisbane hate the Bronco's. So a viable alternative would make big inroads.

If Beattie and Co don't move towards this, it proves they are in Red Hill's pocket.

Last edited:
My view is you set a demarcation line, Donkeys get North of the Brisbane river , the Brisbane ???? the south.

An area like Logan ( chock full of Islanders ) out to Ipswich is full of league fans.

Some advantages I guess in say bringing up the Dolphins ( @Cameron would be happy) but I think a new start would be best.

By the way the NRL would have to support to start off and also need to be on the ball as the Donkeys won’t take this lying down without one hell of a fight ( as alluded to by @Nice Beaver ).

Let’s not forget the Donkeys killed the Crushers and they want the above to continue not be diluted by a second team.

Can’t wait to see the Broncos go through the current decade without winning a title
Last Premiership win was 2006 . Ours was 2011 .
These cock heads should hang their horse heads in shame . They have the best of everything up there but all those resources prove jack sht as far as success goes .

They have the best of everything up there but all those resources prove jack sht as far as success goes .

Last edited by a moderator:
I worked with them ( in a professional sense) from 2010-2013, money just drips off them.

Lavish sponsors parties , season launches ( for 800 people mostly sponsored ) multiple trips away for sponsors , State of Origin gala’s, very special attention for high profile supporters , the Thoroughbreds, yep I’ve seen it all.

And you should see their HQ, it just smells of $$$$$$.

Lachlan Murdoch was a regular a dtheor family still owns a big slice of the joint.

But yes hasn’t brought them much success has it!!

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8