Brad Parker is a ginja-ninja machine!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Can you tell us anything very negative about Parkers defence and the try he set up last week ?
Just how bad was he ?
Sorry mate, Parker tries hard, does his best, is a local junior, but that's about it sadly.

I'd struggle to suggest his offensive skills, and try scoring skills are great, and I'd struggle to say his defense is a standout.

He's not BAD, don't get me wrong. He's just also not very good.

I don't know what else, or how else to put it, to make it sound pleasant.

Sorry mate, Parker tries hard, does his best, is a local junior, but that's about it sadly.

I'd struggle to suggest his offensive skills, and try scoring skills are great, and I'd struggle to say his defense is a standout.

He's not BAD, don't get me wrong. He's just also not very good.

I don't know what else, or how else to put it, to make it sound pleasant.

Well mate he is much better than you thought he was because you had predicted that he would be carved up by every NRL back line

So far he has held his own and is improving with every game

Well mate he is much better than you thought he was because you had predicted that he would be carved up by every NRL back line

So far he has held his own and is improving with every game

I said The Roosters backline . Be fair. Don't do what many others do here and make up stuff to add weight to an argument.

And to be fair, I felt he was carved in that game.

We've also had the debate about that second half "come back" in that game, so there's no need to cover old ground.

I said The Roosters backline . Be fair. Don't do what many others do here and make up stuff to add weight to an argument.

And to be fair, I felt he was carved in that game.

We've also had the debate about that second half "come back" in that game, so there's no need to cover old ground.

You felt he was carved up ? How many tackles did he miss ? He only missed one and you feel that the one miss tackle was a carve up ?

In the second half we came back from 22 -0 to 26 -18 and you say this is no come back .

And you talk about being fair

You felt he was carved up ? How many tackles did he miss ? He only missed one and you feel that the one miss tackle was a carve up ?

In the second half we came back from 22 -0 to 26 -18 and you say this is no come back .

Whether it was a come back or not, the damage was done in the first half, and we've had that debate as I said, so I'll just agree to disagree on that.

Also, there's much more to a players game than just making tackles. There's making impact in attack. There's utilisation of your winger. Yes, defense played a part. There's catching bombs. There's making metres after impact. There's play the ball speed. There's ball handling. Etc, etc, etc.

As I said, he's not bad, but he's also not that great. What are you asking from me Bozo? Do you want me to claim he's a NSW State of Origin bolter to satisfy you? Others here have said he's rubbish, I'm saying he's average, and your focus is on me for some insipid reason?

Okay, Brad Parker is elite, look out Latrell Mitchell, the ranga with the most is coming for your position in The Blues. Better mate?

Dear lord.

Whether it was a come back or not, the damage was done in the first half, and we've had that debate as I said, so I'll just agree to disagree on that.

Also, there's much more to a players game than just making tackles. There's making impact in attack. There's utilisation of your winger. Yes, defense played a part. There's catching bombs. There's making metres after impact. There's play the ball speed. There's ball handling.

As I said, he's not bad, but he's also not that great. What are you asking from me Bozo? Do you want me to claim he's a NSW State of Origin bolter to satisfy you? Others here have said he's rubbish, I'm saying he's average, and your focus is on me for some insipid reason?

Okay, Brad Parker is elite, look out Latrell Mitchell, the ranga with the most is coming for your position in The Blues. Better mate?

Dear lord.

The Roosters did the damage in the fist half with 22 points and we did the damage in the second half by 18 points out scoring them 3 tries to one

The impact that Parker had was that no Rooster centre went through him to score . Parkers handling much improved from last season

I did not say he was elite . I will say though that he is not as bad as you think and I believe he will keep improving .

The Roosters did the damage in the fist half with 22 points and we did the damage in the second half by 18 points out scoring them 3 tries to one

The impact that Parker had was that no Rooster centre went through him to score . Parkers handling much improved from last season

I did not say he was elite . I will say though that he is not as bad as you think and I believe he will keep improving .

Okay, I said he's not bad (a few times), but he's also not great (a few times). How that extrapolated to how "bad" I think he is shows how people twist things on this board.

Bozo, answer this mate, I'm saying he's not bad, nor is he that great. In your words, can you describe your perceived idea on how Brad Parker compares to his peers in all the other teams (centre). I mean, generally.

Is Parker LESS in quality than his peers generally?

Is Parker THE SAME in quality as his peers generally?

Is Parker HIGHER in quality than his peers generally?

Okay, I said he's not bad (a few times), but he's also not great (a few times). How that extrapolated to how "bad" I think he is shows how people twist things on this board.

Bozo, answer this mate, I'm saying he's not bad, nor is he that great. In your words, can you describe your perceived idea on how Brad Parker compares to his peers in all the other teams (centre). I mean, generally.

Generally speaking and having watched him play only 3 consecutive NRL games in the centres Parker is holding his own and he out played his more experienced warriors apponent last week
Lets see how he performs this week against he bunnies

Parker has always been a safe choice but he never had much strike... I'm happy to see how he goes for a few more matches, but at this point he seems destined to be a depth player.

Last edited:

Have to agree with Ryan on this one... I thought Parker defended particularly well last week (thanks Des) and his effort can never be denied. However, when compared to other explosively quick and athletically gifted centres in the game it seems to be apparent that he lacks certain attributes required for an elite, long time player in that position (opinion only of course.) That said, he has somehow managed to chalk up thirty odd career games, and he has most definitely improved his performance on last season. I really do hope he continues the upward trend.

Look I really like how Brad Parker went last weekend and I’m backing him to impress us this year. But everyone on this forum knows that if it was Brian Kelly (or somebody else you don’t like) in Brad’s shoes when Brad took that intercept last weekend and couldn’t race away to score, you would have brought it up again and again, and heaped a ton of **** on Brian for it.

You don’t know the meaning of the word fair.

Look I really like how Brad Parker went last weekend and I’m backing him to impress us this year. But everyone on this forum knows that if it was Brian Kelly (or somebody else you don’t like) in Brad’s shoes when Brad took that intercept last weekend and couldn’t race away to score, you would have brought it up again and again, and heaped a ton of **** on Brian for it.

You don’t know the meaning of the word fair.
Listen Mr fair
Kelly was missing tackles dropping balls and eventually was dropped from our team and when did you bring any of that up ?

I agree with you that overall Brad went well last week and he will improve
Not every one on this forum thinks that Brian is quality like you do as others like me think he is mediocre
I never said that Brad was a speedster as Neither is Kelly .
To be fair If Kelly took that intercept he would not have scored either as he lacks dynamic pace

By the way Kelly is now a Titan

He is another NBK (or the Koala) a cheap squad player that can do a job when required but should not be in the team in an ongoing basis

If Suli / walker were there he would not be in the squad.

Going forward i see there is a place for him as a 24/25th man

Also, there's much more to a players game than just making tackles. There's making impact in attack. There's utilisation of your winger. Yes, defense played a part. There's catching bombs. There's making metres after impact. There's play the ball speed. There's ball handling. Etc, etc, etc.

Dear lord.
I feel your pain also @Ryan

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8