Bozo HIts Out at Embarrassing Sea Eagles Board

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
lovefooty said:
lsz said:
I would like to see a response to the questions raised (not the avo stuff but the other items )

He has a phone, have the guts to ask him your self. lots of other people have.

Dan I meant to say rival. Its good to see that from over seas your still a nasty Pr***.
Abuse is contrary to ST terms of use - if you want a holiday from posting that can easily be arranged.

* A director has accepted a payment from a minor shareholder of the Sea Eagles without declaring the conflict of interest. Why?

On reflection this is the biggest acusation which , for me, is the only big q

This boardroom stuff is a storm in a tea cup. Just a bunch of pretentious ego's (except Cliffy) playing politics. It clearly doesn't affect the players and coaching group too much, most fans couldn't give a frogs as long as we keep winning and the joint is now making a bit of money. Let's face it no-one on the board actually does any real work.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
lovefooty said:
lsz said:
I would like to see a response to the questions raised (not the avo stuff but the other items )

He has a phone, have the guts to ask him your self. lots of other people have.

Dan I meant to say rival. Its good to see that from over seas your still a nasty Pr***.
Abuse is contrary to ST terms of use - if you want a holiday from posting that can easily be arranged.

sorry he riled me up. comment withdrawn.

Bob Fulton was one of the reasons i started following Manly so i won't be bagging him as he is a legend but he seemed very out of touch with that article.

I have so many questions to ask for both sides but i have allbut made my mind up who i am voting for.

I couldn't believe when he said these people mostly unknown to him, (including Cliffy Lyons, Darrell Williams, Bob Reilly) would show their faces in the dressing room after games.

Wasn't Darrell Williams our man for interviews for a year or two after games on the Manly website? I bit hard to do if you are not allowed in.

And i have been going to every home Brookie game since 1980 and while i have never been invited into the dressing room after games, i have always known they throw their doors open and even come out and brings families and kids in to meet the players. Why wouldn't football club directors be allowed as well?

If they didn't show, would that mean they are faceless men who don't support the players?

And it's a bit hard for bozo to know these other 3 men when bozo hasn't been around the club for years. And if he doesn't know them, why is he against them?

That is only a minor point of his article but left me a bit flabbergasted, more so the part about not buying back the shares of the club. WTF?

I'd imagine bozo would be at the election on Thursday night if he feels this strongly.

Of course if the telegraph say we should vote for the other ticket, it must mean we vote for the current one!

Bones - he was probably referring to the shambles that you caused in Perth :p
[/quote]

@Bones. I remember that "shambles" very well.

marga said:

@bones I remember that "shambles" very well.
[/quote]

fixed...though I'm sure bones read this. :)

bones said:
Interesting to read on Facebook, the mother of one of the biggest stars in the current Manly team criticising the rival ticket and putting her weight behind the incumbents.

Link please - otherwise you are just adding to the shamble :p

[From Middle English shamel, shambil, place where meat is butchered and sold:D, from Old English sceamol, table, from Latin scabillum, scamillum, diminutive of scamnum, bench, stool.]

Word History: A place or situation referred to as a shambles is usually a mess, but it is no longer always the bloody mess it once was. The history of the word begins innocently enough with the Latin word scamnum, "a stool or bench serving as a seat, step, or support for the feet, for example." The diminutive scamillum, "low stool," was borrowed by speakers of Old English as sceamol, "stool, bench, table."

Old English sceamol became Middle English shamel, which developed the specific sense in the singular and plural of "a place where meat is butchered and sold."

The Middle English compound shamelhouse meant "slaughterhouse," a sense that the plural shambles developed (first recorded in 1548) along with the figurative sense "a place or scene of bloodshed" (first recorded in 1593). Our current, more generalized meaning, "a scene or condition of disorder," is first recorded in 1926.

Hilarious in comparison to a footy dressing room - more a description of the Franchise Boardroom :D

Max Delmege
From a recent manly daily article i note Ian Thompson has been blinded my Penn's almighty dollars and is pushing for a change on the board. Ian recently has been retrenched once again for non performance and now as chairman of the leagues club has presided over a one million dollar loss. Where really is yours and peters credibility. Manly supporters will not and cannot be hoodwinked any longer.

manlywarringah said:
Is there an easy way to find that facebook comment?

I've been on but there's hundreds of comments about other things.

https://www.facebook.com/delmege1?fref=ts

If people are not sure of who the current board are there are bio's (and pictures of our faces) on the Football Club website

See here
http://www.manlyfootballclub.com.au/index.php/club-info

As always, happy to discuss the election, take calls, answer any questions from any Football Club members and of course, happy to be considered as your proxy.

Phone 1300 1972 73 or send me your contact details to [email protected]

Thanks

Bob Stevenson
Deputy Chairman
MWRLFC

globaleagle said:
marga said:

@bones I remember that "shambles" very well.

fixed...though I'm sure bones read this. :)
[/quote]

Lol no I only just saw this now. What did you say? :p

Agree.

lsz said:
* A director has accepted a payment from a minor shareholder of the Sea Eagles without declaring the conflict of interest. Why?

Nicola Eagle said:
Agree.

lsz said:

Yes i have herd that while Zorba has been on the football club board for 18 months and has been paid by the penns as there head of foot ball operations. That is what he told a friend of mine in manly .I have herd that there has been a few paid holidays as well. Never declared to the board or members.

I cannot understand why Zorba just didn't retire gracefully. His redundancy was more than generous , and was offered an option in a " mentoring role" to enable him to be a part of the club for some time. Gee if it was me I would have taken the money, accepted the unpaid role of player welfare ( to stay in touch) and moved on BUT NOT ZORBA!!!

Oh no, I can't help thinking almost all of this **** started when his revenge plan was hatched,

And the club, and us as fans have been poorer for the experience since that day !!

Fulton. Great player though he was, when he linked up with Easts, he lost me as a fan. When he linked up with that weasel Hadley, he lost all credibility as an intelligent person who should be listened to.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6