Bozo HIts Out at Embarrassing Sea Eagles Board

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
As I have little interest in the matter someone might give me a heads up as to what way, if any, this impacts the footy team I follow.

I hate how ex-players (often club legends), officials, etc think they hold some self delegated superiority over us fans and members.

BOZO said:
Robert "Bob" Fulton AM (born 1 December 1947 in Warrington, England) is a retired Australian rugby league football player, coach and commentator. Fulton played, coached, selected for and has commentated on the game with great success at the highest levels and has been named amongst Australia's greatest rugby league players of the 20th century.[2]

As a player Fulton won three premierships with the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles in the 1970s, the last as captain. He represented for the Australian national side on thirty-five occasions, seven times as captain. He had a long coaching career at the first grade level, taking Manly to premiership victory in 1987 and 1996. He coached the Australian national team to thirty-nine Tests and World Cup games. He was a New South Wales State selector and a national selector. He is currently a radio commentator with 2GB. In 1985 he was selected as one of the initial four post-war "Immortals" of the Australian game and in 2008 he was named in Australia's team of the century.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScaBE5wNVNo

Thanks for that. I had no idea who he was before you posted that.

bones is the Silvertails forum legend and Bob Fulton is the Manly Sea eagle legend :)

BOZO said:
bones is the Silvertails forum legend and Bob Fulton is the Manly Sea eagle legend :)

You're right on one of those. Bozo is a dead set Manly legend. That doesn't mean I have to agree with everything he says or does.

bones said:
BOZO said:

You're right on one of those. Bozo is a dead set Manly legend. That doesn't mean I have to agree with everything he says or does.
bones you seem to be a great bloke and your posts are legendary but that also doesn't mean we all have to agree with you as well mate :)

BOZO said:
bones said:
BOZO said:

bones you seem to be a great bloke and your posts are legendary but that also doesn't mean we all have to agree with you as well mate :)

Exactly.

Arrrggghh! I agreed with Bozo.

:p

bob dylan said:
As I have little interest in the matter someone might give me a heads up as to what way, if any, this impacts the footy team I follow.

I hate how ex-players (often club legends), officials, etc think they hold some self delegated superiority over us fans and members.

Little affect on players, although as reported Perry and Toovey are only there by the good graces if the current board .

The players are not paid by the FC board, nor are they recruited or let go by the FC board.

So from a players perspective limited to zero affect!

Manly junior league president hits back at critics ahead of footy election
JON GEDDES
MANLY DAILY
DECEMBER 16, 2013 4:09PM

The state of junior rugby league has become a hot issue on the peninsula. Source: News Limited
THE state of junior rugby league on the peninsula has become a hot issue in the countdown to the Manly district football club board elections on Thursday night.

The matter came to a head on the weekend criticism of the competition from Sea Eagles legend Bob Fulton and Manly Leagues club chairman Ian Thomson.

Fulton said the current board had totally neglected the junior rugby league and described the standard as an embarrassment compared to other clubs.

But junior league president Mick Covey was "bewildered" by the recent criticism.

"The Manly Warringah Junior Rugby League in 2014 had record player registration numbers with 159 teams playing in fifteen different age divisions ranging from under 6's to A grade," Covey said.

"None of the people making these comments have approached me or the Junior League Board to raise their concerns and we have certainly not had the pleasure of their company at any of the fortnightly junior league meetings over the past several years or discussed it with them at any game."

Covey said the Manly Warringah Junior Rugby League was a stand alone incorporated organisation which is run by "an efficient group of experienced volunteers who, in my opinion, do an exceptional job giving up their valuable spare time free of charge."

"I would be more than happy to discuss with anyone any issues involving junior rugby league which would improve upon a very successful 2014 season," he said.

bones said:
"I would be more than happy to discuss with anyone any issues involving junior rugby league which would improve upon a very successful 2014 season," he said.

They would appear to be well ahead of everyone else! ;)

So let's hear the Fulton/Thompson reply to that article.Maybe they'll answer it in one of the multitude of e-mails they've sent me.On that topic..bet they dry up once the proxy closes,and the meetings been held.

bones said:
"None of the people making these comments have approached me or the Junior League Board to raise their concerns and we have certainly not had the pleasure of their company :D at any of the fortnightly junior league meetings over the past several years or discussed it with them at any game."

Good on Covey for telling it like it actually is, hereby debunking a hysterical attack, based on some bitter ex-employee's vendetta that has now embarrassed a Legend of our game :cool:

Hope that the Manly Boys continue their involvement with the Juniors.
I know that Killer's kids are in the Mona Vale Team and he is often seen there - inspiring the future generation of Players :angel:

HappilyManly said:
bones said:
"None of the people making these comments have approached me or the Junior League Board to raise their concerns and we have certainly not had the pleasure of their company :D at any of the fortnightly junior league meetings over the past several years or discussed it with them at any game."

Good on Covey for telling it like it actually is, hereby debunking a hysterical attack, based on some bitter ex-employee's vendetta that has now embarrassed a Legend of our game :cool:

Hope that the Manly Boys continue their involvement with the Juniors.
I know that Killer's kids are in the Mona Vale Team and he is often seen there - inspiring the future generation of Players :angel:

Don't forget cliffy coaches at narraweena and has won two comps there. Go cliffy, go egor ,

Shoe1 said:
That article should just about seal the deal.

Except for those hoodwinked already who have sent their proxy's in for Krillich's mob.

This has been such a contrived, nasty, dividing campaign , regardless of who wins , no one will win!!

Love to see Berryman and O Dare given a go in the Nines.O dare has Rugby experience playing sevens and is super quick.Sources from Sydney Uni have told me that this kid was being hunted up by the Aussie Rugby Seven side before switching to league.The combo on the left side in the nines and VB cup will be something to see.

Love to see Berryman and O Dare given a go in the Nines.O dare has Rugby experience playing sevens and is super quick.Sources from Sydney Uni have told me that this kid was being hunted up by the Aussie Rugby Seven side before switching to league.The combo on the left side in the nines and VB cup will be something to see.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Shoe1 said:

Except for those hoodwinked already who have sent their proxy's in for Krillich's mob.

This has been such a contrived, nasty, dividing campaign , regardless of who wins , no one will win!!

What an awful situation to see our greatest ever player and coach found out like that.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Shoe1 said:

Unless everyone wins, nobody wins.

Shoe1 said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Shoe1 said:

What an awful situation to see our greatest ever player and coach found out like that.

I think it's simple, Bozo has had almost nothing to do with the club for years, gets a call from his old Greek mate and agrees to endorse the rival ticket. The Greek writes the story, which today's gets blown out of the water BIG TIME.

And this is just one of many contrived, made up stories we have seen.

Bozo ends up with major egg on his face , he may be a Manly legend AND an Immortal, but he has stuffed up hugely on this occasion .

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6