BJ Lawrence future

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Our forwards weakness last year can't be attributed in any way, shape or form to Brenton Lawrence. He missed the entire season.

Quite the opposite. There were other losses, but perhaps the loss of our two starting props from the previous season - for the bulk of the season - was the biggest single factor in our deterioration in forward strength.

I love BJ, and reckon he'll come out and surprise everyone. I'm going to say it, I think we have one of the most balanced, strongest forward packs in the NRL.

+ Buhrer is basically a new player (NSW & City Origin player - still young)
+ Lawrence is basically a new player (QLD origin emerging player)
+ Taupau is a new player (International)
+ Nate Myles (QLD Origin and International)
+ Darcy Lussick (City Origin player in only 2014)
+ Lewis Brown (International)

added to:

+ Jake Trbojevic (possibly one of the elite props in the game today)
+ Feleti Mateo (City Origin 2013, and International)
+ Tom Symonds (City Origin 2013)

Then, when we need call ups, oh, we only have:-

+ Blake Leary (15 NRL games experience)
+ Luke Burgess (70 NRL games (a GF winner), 87 Super League games experience)
+ Nathan Green (22 NRL games experience)
+ Josh Starling (46 NRL games experience)
+ Siosaia Vave (55 NRL games experience)

Or if desperate, rookies like:

+ Dylan Kelly, Liam Knight & Rhys Armstrong.

BOOM:punch:

Our forwards weakness last year can't be attributed in any way, shape or form to Brenton Lawrence. He missed the entire season.

Quite the opposite. There were other losses, but perhaps the loss of our two starting props from the previous season - for the bulk of the season - was the biggest single factor in our deterioration in forward strength.
you missed his performance in Rd.1 at Parramatta Stadium....embarrassing.

He was not 100% fit for that game. Hopefully now that he has had all this time to recover from all his injuries he can have an impact for us

You judge a season and a career on half a game when he was playing broken, in a team already cut by omissions?
In my opinion, he played well in 2013 along side some pretty outstanding forwards...he had a new lease on life and hit his straps...the following year he played like a Titans reject and has ever since. He embarrassed me that night at Parramatta Stadium. I payed $35 for my ticket and sat behind some cocky eels fans who were boasting that Foran will be heading their way (he was yet to decide his future at this stage). I was fuming and next ruck BJ took a half arsed hit up at walking pace before Lussick literally belted him into next season and the ball came loose much to the delight of the cocky Eels fans. I marked him "never to play FG again" that night.

That's a bit harsh. I was at the game too, and remember him at least trying to break tackles like he always does. I remember him visibly struggling with his movement too, which obviously didn't help. He also got into a minor stoush with Lussick and Manu Mau, was standing up for himself in a beaten pack.

In my opinion, he played well in 2013 along side some pretty outstanding forwards...he had a new lease on life and hit his straps...the following year he played like a Titans reject and has ever since. He embarrassed me that night at Parramatta Stadium. I payed $35 for my ticket and sat behind some cocky eels fans who were boasting that Foran will be heading their way (he was yet to decide his future at this stage). I was fuming and next ruck BJ took a half arsed hit up at walking pace before Lussick literally belted him into next season and the ball came loose much to the delight of the cocky Eels fans. I marked him "never to play FG again" that night.

So a player can never have an off game..especially when after that they are ruled out for the season?

I agree it was embarrassing for him to be manhandled a few times by Lussick etc. However you have to give him the benefit of the doubt - I am guessing he picked the back injury up in this game? We don't know if he was carrying that debilitating injury into the game.
I don't think any of our forwards didn't get smashed that night - it was Parra's grand final and we were a basket case because of the ongoing contract drama with Foran and Cherry. Not to mention we were missing a few key players that night.

Another polished Manly media performer.
But his response to the question about a move to Easts clearly showed that something had happened, or was on-going. I hope not. He was a real standout in 2013.

Another polished Manly media performer.
But his response to the question about a move to Easts clearly showed that something had happened, or was on-going. I hope not. He was a real standout in 2013.
Seems like serious negotiations in play but not yet finalised. Lawrence has been solid for us. And if we lost Lawrence to secure Knight that would work too.

To be fair in that game he got injured and right before the game DCE told the coach he was leaving, we were on a hiding to nothing that night, especially having to deal with Whatmouth and the knowledge the Forme was about to sign for them, hardly the combination you want to win a game at Worm park.

We missed Lawrence in a big way especially his speed around the ruck. I just hope he recovers well.

So a player can never have an off game..especially when after that they are ruled out for the season?
That night was simply a continuation of the previous seasons form.

I am not a fan. But agree to disagree I guess.

In my opinion, he played well in 2013 along side some pretty outstanding forwards...he had a new lease on life and hit his straps...the following year he played like a Titans reject and has ever since. He embarrassed me that night at Parramatta Stadium. I payed $35 for my ticket and sat behind some cocky eels fans who were boasting that Foran will be heading their way (he was yet to decide his future at this stage). I was fuming and next ruck BJ took a half arsed hit up at walking pace before Lussick literally belted him into next season and
Sounds like Lawrence should have apologised personally to you after the game. Others here like myself who were also at that game could clearly see Lawrence was underdone and playing hurt. Our forward pack struggled all night. A rare highlight was seeing Watmough go down after copping a raised knee from Hasson.

Sounds like Lawrence should have apologised personally to you after the game. Others here like myself who were also at that game could clearly see Lawrence was underdone and playing hurt. Our forward pack struggled all night. A rare highlight was seeing Watmough go down after copping a raised knee from Hasson.
that would have been a start.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8