BJ Lawrence future

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The guy is a gun when fit and firing...even when he stopped breaking the line (probably due to the back thing), he didn't lie down in tackles - every time he hit the line, he'd keep every (substantial) muscle working to get a couple of metres more for the team. I think he deserves a bench spot at least, but it is nice knowing that we have him and Starling playing for that spot, rather than relying on just them to do all the heavy lifting...

Sorry but talking about how great he is when fit yada yada makes us sound like Parra fans talking themselves into a big year from Choc. No thanks...

We really should be looking at Ethan Lowe! If we release bj and either mateo or buhrer, Lowe could cover those positions well! And he is a great goal kicker!

Myles. Lussick. Brown . Taupau. Jake . Symonds. Starling. Knight. And a couple of those big young kiwis we have and im pretty happy for 16s depth in the enjine room . Plenty of f..... back up.

Well it looks like BJs good form once he left the Titans to his back injury actually meant jack shiit to Cartwright. As you know BJ was told not to pack his bags for the training camp. On further talks with the coach he was told he would play reserve grade, and his style of play was too robotic, and not lateral enough, plus some other minor issues. Then it all clicked. The exact same things Cartwright had told him before he gave him the flick from the Titans. Apparently Buhrer is in exactly the same basket....not to play first grade.
I hope BJ stays. Not to prove Cartwright wrong, I already know he's wrong. I still think we're light on in the forwards, and at some stage of the season he will be a godsend.
Too robotic?

Cartwright has to be kidding as he kept the most useless robotic front rower at his club in Luke Doulglas

I have concerns that in cartwright and the new trainer that we have staff bringing in the losing titans culture to Manly.

In fairness to John Cartwright, during his playing days at least he was part of a winning culture with Penrith, NSW and Australia. And with the Riff and Blues, when he started out it was when they were getting flogged so he knows what its like to be on the wrong end of the stick.

His coaching, not so much unless you count being the assistant coach with the 2015 NRL premiers.

If Cartwright can pass on the offloading skills he had as a player to the current Manly squad, then good. As for the rest, time will tell, the same as it will with Barrett and the other new faces in the coaching staff.

Had surgery last year and had to learn to walk again! Fark. Said he feels mentally and physically strong and ready to go, was hard watching from the sidelines last year not being able to contribute. Will be playing in the nines this weekend. Jake T to captain the side and Tom T looking to impress to lock down a regular first grade spot. Lawrence still looks like a unit.

Too robotic?

Cartwright has to be kidding as he kept the most useless robotic front rower at his club in Luke Doulglas

I have concerns that in cartwright and the new trainer that we have staff bringing in the losing titans culture to Manly.

Didn't he spend time as assistant at The Cowboys where he won a premiership though with some pretty dominant and explosive forwards ?

Didn't he spend time as assistant at The Cowboys where he won a premiership though with some pretty dominant and explosive forwards ?
Pretty sure he was also assistant at the Chooks when Stuart coached the to a premiership and numerous GF's. He's a rubbish head coach, but from all accounts not a bad assistant. The same mould as the Dalai.

Pretty sure he was also assistant at the Chooks when Stuart coached the to a premiership and numerous GF's. He's a rubbish head coach, but from all accounts not a bad assistant. The same mould as the Dalai.

Cartwright started out as Penrith's Reserve Grade coach in 2001. He was John Lang's assistant when Penrith won the GF in 2003 and was then assistant to Ricky Stuart at the Rorters. Carty was also the coach of the USA when they almost beat the Kangaroos in Philadelphia in 2004. He was then the Titans coach from 2007-14 and was Paul Greens's assistant at the Cowboys last year. He also coached NSW City to one win and two losses from 2009-11.

Cartwright had 1 major trump card, the ability to play through the line onto a runner OR , simply flop the ball back to a Parcell, Dylan Walker type, today known as 2nd phase...these are massive plays & something Barrett imo will want to see plenty of.
Our options in a well dominated pack were limited for this style of play in recent times & regardless of ppls opinion on Cartwright, will be super happy if he can pass these attributes onto the new improved Manly pack in 2016.
As for Lawrence - he has great speed & agility for a big bloke & if healthy, will definately play a strong part in 2016.

In fairness to John Cartwright, during his playing days at least he was part of a winning culture with Penrith, NSW and Australia. And with the Riff and Blues, when he started out it was when they were getting flogged so he knows what its like to be on the wrong end of the stick.

His coaching, not so much unless you count being the assistant coach with the 2015 NRL premiers.

If Cartwright can pass on the offloading skills he had as a player to the current Manly squad, then good. As for the rest, time will tell, the same as it will with Barrett and the other new faces in the coaching staff.
Agree, Carry was out of his depth at the titans. As an assistant at a good club he is valuable.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8