BJ Lawrence future

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I'm still not convinced about the decision making by Manly even with Fulton in charge. There seem too many short term solutions while ignoring the long term potential. Gutherson was a perfect example of this. If they also let Knight go, I have to question their competence despite their knowledge of the game. I've seen kids come through for almost 50 years and Knight is one of the best. Let him go and they deserve a good kick in the dial
Maybe you should offer your services to the club. It's pretty obvious to all of us here that your decision making would be superior to that of Bozo.

Let's start a poll to convince Penn to get rid of Bozo and install Bearfax. ;)

Maybe you should offer your services to the club. It's pretty obvious to all of us here that your decision making would be superior to that of Bozo.

I think that Bearfax has a point on this. I understand that Bozo has been given a mandate from the Penns to get in there and sort out the recruitment. I am alarmed that in the process we have lost a few quality local juniors like Gutho. I just hope that these calls turn out to be ok, we MUST retain Liam Knight and failure to do so will be in my opinion, incompetence of the highest order!!

I call BS. Firstly Roosters are shedding cap space with the release of Jennings to afford Cordner and Hastings, both off contract and still need to find space for the return of SBW in 2017. Not to mention they live in hope of a Hayne return. Secondly where would the play him? With JHW, Napa, Evans, Moa in the front row and Cordner, Guerra and Taukeiaho they have no space for him. Added SBW return and he will enjoy playing for the Wyong Roos. Much better opportunity here.

Looking at things now it does seem evident that some forms of significant change were required within our team structures to be competitive especially in the forwards. I personally will be withholding any judgments until say round 12. I am optimistic though and expect a much better season than 2015 as apart from injuries we did seem off the pace when compared to the top 4 teams. Being off the pace is something we are simply not used too ( say last 10 years) nor should accept. Not sure I could think of any much more qualified than Bozo to help make the tough calls needed. Again let's see how we perform on the field.

OK Ralphie. I get your point. Perhaps I am over stretching my competence a mite.

But surely you can see that letting go some of our best young talent for short term success , if that is what they are doing, is unlikely to benefit the club in the long run. Would Arthurson, even in his big buy up of talent risk losing what he's already got and which at least in the short term will cost less, and in the long term develop a stable core of players like we had in the noughties. Would it have been wise to let go Menzies for a much older high profile player when he was coming through. Would they have swapped Branson for Fulton when Branson seemed the player of the future.

All I am trying to say is that holding onto your young talent, and we have such a limited supply, is surely in the long term a better proposition. Sydney City have it right. They pinched Warea-Hargraves from us and look at the outcome. Am I being so illogical?,

This whole debate is a moot point.

We've let ONE decent junior go who was coming off a knee reconstruction and is stuck behind a number of players in arguably the best backline in the competition.

The Roosters are chasing a promising junior from another club?! wonders will never cease?!

Nothing to see here people.

Sydney City have it right. They pinched Warea-Hargraves from us and look at the outcome. Am I being so illogical?
They also signed Michael Oldfield and look at the outcome.
Reality is they sign all the good kids coming through (apart from the ones Melbourne and Brisbane get) and some of those do go on to become top NRL players. Not all.
JWH is an unusual example, we wanted him but they had vacancies in their pack and offered more. It took him a few years to become a consistently good prop but he was always likely to do that.
And losing JWH is hardly relevant to the current clean-out recruitment strategy, it happened years ago under Hasler's reign.

They also signed Michael Oldfield and look at the outcome.
Reality is they sign all the good kids coming through (apart from the ones Melbourne and Brisbane get) and some of those do go on to become top NRL players. Not all.
JWH is an unusual example, we wanted him but they had vacancies in their pack and offered more. It took him a few years to become a consistently good prop but he was always likely to do that.
And losing JWH is hardly relevant to the current clean-out recruitment strategy, it happened years ago under Hasler's reign.

Lama Tasi, Liam Knight. That's their gear. They rip very promising juniors from other clubs, and throw them in the deep end. If they swim, they are re-signed (JWH), if they aren't marquee right off the bat, they are discarded like old garbage (Kennedy, Tasi, Oldfield).

Good luck to Liam Knight in 2017.

Lama Tasi, Liam Knight. That's their gear. They rip very promising juniors from other clubs, and throw them in the deep end. If they swim, they are re-signed (JWH), if they aren't marquee right off the bat, they are discarded like old garbage (Kennedy, Tasi, Oldfield).

Good luck to Liam Knight in 2017.

Have I missed something? Has Liam actually signed with the Roosters? Or are they just chasing him which would be be 100% expected. If Manly offer him a decent deal I would be surprised if he goes.

Have I missed something? Has Liam actually signed with the Roosters? Or are they just chasing him which would be be 100% expected. If Manly offer him a decent deal I would be surprised if he goes.
Me too red pill the boy is very close to the tommy and jake t .

I'm still not convinced about the decision making by Manly even with Fulton in charge. There seem too many short term solutions while ignoring the long term potential. Gutherson was a perfect example of this. If they also let Knight go, I have to question their competence despite their knowledge of the game. I've seen kids come through for almost 50 years and Knight is one of the best. Let him go and they deserve a good kick in the dial
I tend to agree, but also get the feeling there's a tinge of the Machiavelli behind letting Gutho go...

Tin foil hats: engage!!

With Gutho last year we had a boom youngster with massive potential looking to break into first grade permanently: but he's got Killer, Skivvy, Snake, Hiku and Jorge in front of him, and guys like Wolfie etc also in the picture. 10 minutes into the season (a season which would have seen him play a LOT of first grade) and he blows an ACL and that's all she wrote for 2015. Along comes Tom Turbo, and he just EXPLODES onto the first grade scene, and immediately becomes a priority signing... If Tom hadn't just killed it in first grade last year, he'd be running around in the 20's this year and Gutho would be in his slot..

So this year and the next will see the retirement of Snake, Killer and Skivvy. I would suggest that at the end of this year, at least one of these three will retire. So why not keep Gutho as depth?? Well... Who knows how well he will recover from that ACL? And there's also the fact that all that potential may be nothing more than potential..

So he's a slightly risky proposition for the next year or two, but he wants (and deserves) a shot in first grade.... And Bozo thinks whom better to take that risk than the Squeels! Go play with them, get some experience under your belt, and in a couple of years time come back and take over where the current players left off...and we can pay you what you're worth ;)

Win win!!

Ahhhhh I love the smell of a good conspiracy!!

I tend to agree, but also get the feeling there's a tinge of the Machiavelli behind letting Gutho go...

With Gutho last year we had a boom youngster with massive potential looking to break into first grade permanently: but he's got Killer, Skivvy, Snake, Hiku and Jorge in front of him, and guys like Wolfie etc also in the picture. 10 minutes into the season (a season which would have seen him play a LOT of first grade) and he blows an ACL and that's all she wrote for 2015. Along comes Tom Turbo, and he just EXPLODES onto the first grade scene, and immediately becomes a priority signing... If Tom hadn't just killed it in first grade last year, he'd be running around in the 20's this year and Gutho would be in his slot..

So this year and the next will see the retirement of Snake, Killer and Skivvy. I would suggest that at the end of this year, at least one of these three will retire. So why not keep Gutho as depth?? Well... Who knows how well he will recover from that ACL? And there's also the fact that all that potential may be nothing more than potential..

So he's a slightly risky proposition for the next year or two, but he wants (and deserves) a shot in first grade.... And Bozo thinks whom better to take that risk than the Squeels! Go play with them, get some experience under your belt, and in a couple of years time come back and take over where the current players left off...and we can pay you what you're worth ;)

Win win!!

What's the plan when those 3 retire something like this

1.Turbo
2.Tafua
3.Walker
6.Wright
7.DCE

I refer to Sydney City because they have played the most grandfinals (7) of any club since 2000 and won the most minor premierships (4). Not bad for a club with virtually no junior comp. They are very wise when it comes to bringing in juniors from elsewhere. They ensure that they keep the ones that show big promise and discard the rest.

• 📚
Reactions: Rex

Win win!!

Good post a lot would have to do with managers and money I'd say.average career is 28 games so get what they can I suppose.

I refer to Sydney City because they have played the most grandfinals (7) of any club since 2000 and won the most minor premierships (4). Not bad for a club with virtually no junior comp. They are very wise when it comes to bringing in juniors from elsewhere. They ensure that they keep the ones that show big promise and discard the rest.
Brown paper bags are more useful than juniors

Agreed. With the exception of JWH is there really any other junior in the last 5-10 years we have let go that is any good? Gutherson maybe but he is still very unproven and could see the writing on the wall with the rise of Tommy T. Others have seen the light and come back like Lussick and Goodall. We always do keep the good ones.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8