Big Announcement Wed 3/10/18

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The turbos are said to favour norton, while dce swears by macafee. This was part of the Hastings dust up earlier this year, it was all about software.

I shudder to think about what will happen if kaspersky gets the manly antivirus annual subscription.

I did hear that they were engaging in activities that could cause a virus in Gladstone. This must be what they meant.

I think it will consist of a new ownership announcement and a new coach. Whether that will amount to optimism or portend future disaster will depend on the names announced.

I think many have underestimated Penns personal woes in all this. It must be a tough time for him and his family.As such an ownership change is definitely on the cards.

Lock up your daughters
Lock up your wife
Lock up your back doors andvrun for your life

The man is back in town
Don’t you mess him around

Wayne Ben net
Ooy ooy ooy
Wayne Ben net

I would rather have Bon than that goose
Someone that will leave a legacy for us fir the future not a weight to bear

Bennett’s finished
Gonski
Kapoot
Washed up and broken
Keep him away

He’s no good
Oy oy oy

I think that might be a rant

Just heard from someone whom is close to the club that URM are trying to buy us off the Penns.
The owner of URM wants full control over the club as he thinks he can do better.
My guy has been pretty close on some things he tells me about the club, but I guess we all know where that can leave you. Cough, cough Mitchell Pearce.
Sounds like a load of rubbish ;)

If these rumours of an ownership change do have substance....why would we need to look "outside" for a new coach? If the Penns were no longer owners, I really don't see why URM or anyone else would not opt for the chance to put the Manly...back into Manly...and either perhaps Toovey or Hasler then come into play. Granted just my opinion and preferred option.

I think it will consist of a new ownership announcement and a new coach. Whether that will amount to optimism or portend future disaster will depend on the names announced.

I think many have underestimated Penns personal woes in all this. It must be a tough time for him and his family.As such an ownership change is definitely on the cards.
I very much doubt there will be an ownership announcement #nextweek. As distant that the Penns "seem" to be, they are definitely passionate fans of Manly. The only reason foreseeable that they would sell is their companies are struggling and i don't think that is the case. Also, due diligence would have had to started months ago.

Not to be a debbie downer but where are people getting this "big announcement" info from?

I've read and re-read Lyall's email and it says they will "update us on the clubs plans for the future"

Maybe its just my marketing/pr background but that is spin.....a club can discuss their plans without there being any formal announcements.

I see this as more more of a fan feedback piece rather than a big announcement of a new coach etc

This will be a most interesting meeting I’d suggest , but it could be interesting in a number of ways.

Personally I reckon they wouldn’t call a meeting like this without a substantial announcement ( or two), coaching would ( should) be one, player acquisition ( if known) should be the second.

As to change of ownership , I call bull**** on that , can’t see it happening.

However what will be most interesting is if I’m wrong about the announcements and all it is about is a “ fluff piece “ thinking that will settle the masses.

Another “ non event” will do much more harm than good.

I for one don’t think this will be the case, although I’m also not expecting news that’s going to make me jump in the air and scream “ yea ha”, rather news that’s “ well that’s a good start and the other items can fall into play later”.

I can’t make it ( for obvious reasons ) but also can’t wait to see what transpires.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8