Big Announcement Wed 3/10/18

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Hope that it just stays a rumour in regard to the Bennett scenario and after the example of the Newcastle experiment with him there . As for Kaspersky ,, thought that they were previously some doubts about it"s mode or type of operation out of Hong Kong , previously .

Latest on Manly sale is Penn is selling to Kaspersky with the deal being finalized by Christmas. That ownership are going to make a BIG offer to Wayne Bennett to coach & rebuild the club culture
---
Twittersphere rumour
If so like we put up with carty for one year...

Not sure if this is true or not, but great news if it is.

Someone on one of the Manly pages on FB just posted that the Turbos were up in Brisbane watching the QRL Grand Final over the weekend and while there were asked by the poster about Matty Ballin.....

Apparently he will be part of the Manly coaching staff from 2019.

It appears my contact may have been wrong about their first choice but I think he’s right in saying it won’t be Cartwrong.
Even a broken clock can be correct twice a day !
giphy.gif

1. ReadingThePlay Retweeted
    Ben Wallace‏ @benno_wallace 15h15 hours ago

Latest on Manly sale is Penn is selling to Kaspersky with the deal being finalized by Christmas. That ownership are going to make a BIG offer to Wayne Bennett to coach & rebuild the club culture

I can understand selling to Kaspersky, but why in hell would we want Wayne Bennett? No offence but he is past it, we may as well try and get Bozo back coaching.....at least he's Manly.

I'd be going for Madge before even thinking about Clint Eastwood. And if not him then go hard after a Bellamy or Robinson type. But Bennett? 20 years ago sure, but not now.

1. ReadingThePlay Retweeted
    Ben Wallace‏ @benno_wallace 15h15 hours ago

The Kaspersky part is good but what would Bennett know about our culture?
He would build it his way but that would only happen without the penns.

I can understand selling to Kaspersky, but why in hell would we want Wayne Bennett? No offence but he is past it, we may as well try and get Bozo back coaching.....at least he's Manly.

I'd be going for Madge before even thinking about Clint Eastwood. And if not him then go hard after a Bellamy or Robinson type. But Bennett? 20 years ago sure, but not now.

I’m happy with Maguire but there would be good points to Bennett.

He is a good man manager and can get his sides to defend but it would be interesting to see if anyone would follow, like Oates or Pangai Jnr.

Not that we’d have a lot of money to spend but I think if he were here, there’d be a way of us getting some signings.

In saying that, I think he’s a long shot and Maguire seems more likely.

I’m happy with Maguire but there would be good points to Bennett.

He is a good man manager and can get his sides to defend but it would be interesting to see if anyone would follow, like Oates or Pangai Jnr.

Not that we’d have a lot of money to spend but I think if he were here, there’d be a way of us getting some signings.

In saying that, I think he’s a long shot and Maguire seems more likely.

Yes, getting someone like Oates, even if we only intend him to be a winger and not move him to the back row like everyone thinks he should be, would be an upside.

I just wonder about the wisdom of getting a 70 year old head coach who's heart will always be some 900 KM north of Brookvale.

If we were to get a Queenslander as coach I would rather it be Matt Ballin or, at a stretch (a bigger stretch than when he stuck his hand out and took that f**king catch), even someone like Fatty.

Yes, getting someone like Oates, even if we only intend him to be a winger and not move him to the back row like everyone thinks he should be, would be an upside.

I just wonder about the wisdom of getting a 70 year old head coach who's heart will always be some 900 KM north of Brookvale.

If we were to get a Queenslander as coach I would rather it be Matt Ballin or, at a stretch (a bigger stretch than when he stuck his hand out and took that f**king catch), even someone like Fatty.

I agree Bennett's best days are gone but he still gets the players to play for him. It's more the players (& maybe businessman?) he can bring that makes him a candidate for me. Plus he'd love to show the Broncs up by doing well with us. Wouldn't he have a point to prove?

I'm happy with Maguire but my only problem with him is his intensity that seems to drain the players after a year or 2.

Bellamy can keep his players focused with his intensity but Maguire seemed to lose the dressing room with his.

I don't want the players mollycoddled but not brow beaten either. It's a fine line a coach needs to walk and hopefully Maguire isn't as bad as he was and can let up occasssionally.

As long as we get a new coach and it's not Cartwright, I'll cop it. Things will improve with either of Maguire or Bennett.

• 🤝
Reactions: RWC
I agree Bennett's best days are gone but he still gets the players to play for him. It's more the players (& maybe businessman?) he can bring that makes him a candidate for me. Plus he'd love to show the Broncs up by doing well with us. Wouldn't he have a point to prove?

I'm happy with Maguire but my only problem with him is his intensity that seems to drain the players after a year or 2.

Bellamy can keep his players focused with his intensity but Maguire seemed to lose the dressing room with his.

I don't want the players mollycoddled but not brow beaten either. It's a fine line a coach needs to walk and hopefully Maguire isn't as bad as he was and can let up occasssionally.

As long as we get a new coach and it's not Cartwright, I'll cop it. Things will improve with either of Maguire or Bennett.

You rat bastard. I can't find an argument with that lol

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8