Big Announcement Wed 3/10/18

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Not to be a debbie downer but where are people getting this "big announcement" info from?

I've read and re-read Lyall's email and it says they will "update us on the clubs plans for the future"

Maybe its just my marketing/pr background but that is spin.....a club can discuss their plans without there being any formal announcements.

I see this as more more of a fan feedback piece rather than a big announcement of a new coach etc

Oh shut up and let us have some fun speculating @:D. We need some optimism after the year Manly have given us.

Seriously though, you're not actually wrong.

Yes he is.

And for the record...

'Retweeting' is mostly just a way to increase coverage of the often throwaway opinions by random people. Many of whom would reasonably classify as belonging to the following groups of people:

Idiots
Punchies
Numb nuts
Salad dodgers...?

Did I miss any?

Knuckle draggers
Low brows
Storm fans
Victorians
Non-Manly or Silvertails Queenslanders

Not to be a debbie downer but where are people getting this "big announcement" info from?

I've read and re-read Lyall's email and it says they will "update us on the clubs plans for the future"

Maybe its just my marketing/pr background but that is spin.....a club can discuss their plans without there being any formal announcements.

I see this as more more of a fan feedback piece rather than a big announcement of a new coach etc

The Wheel who is part of the Members Council said there would be some big announcements.

The Wheel who is part of the Members Council said there would be some big announcements.
Here is some background to set the record straight and provide more context to all members/fans;

Originally there was a Members Council set for tonight which main focus was on 2019 membership etc.

Late August Myself and @Mitch approached the club suggesting to get value out of this meeting they would have to address the issues at hand before discussing membership for next year.

We were advised that The meeting was deferred to 8/10 saying by then most of 2019 questions to the issues should be answered and there was a lot happening in the background. A members forum was also being scheduled. Members would also hear any news first.

This is all in place now, last email from Lyall to council members was quite positive and contained the following quote;

‘will also be holding an open Member’s Forum the week before on Wednesday 3 October from 6.00 p.m. at the Leagues Club at which I look forward greatly to sharing a lot of positive news about the future directions of our Club………….. and yes there is news in the pipeline.’

You can read into that what you want.

Hope that helps everyone determine what their expectations are for next Wednesday night. Again I encourage all Members to get down to the forum if you are able to.

Mitch feel free to add anything if I have missed it.

Last edited:
Here is some background to set the record straight and provide more context to all members/fans;

Originally there was a Members Council set for tonight which main focus was on 2019 membership etc.

Late August Myself and @Mitch approached the club suggesting to get value out of this meeting they would have to address the issues at hand before discussing membership for next year.

We were advised that The meeting was deferred to 8/10 saying by then most of 2019 questions to the issues should be answered and there was a lot happening in the background. A members forum was also being scheduled. Members would also hear any news first.

This is all in place now, last email from Lyall to council members was quite positive and contained the following quote;

‘will also be holding an open Member’s Forum the week before on Wednesday 3 October from 6.00 p.m. at the Leagues Club at which I look forward greatly to sharing a lot of positive news about the future directions of our Club………….. and yes there is news in the pipeline.’

You can read into that what you want.

Hope that helps everyone determine what their expectations are for next Wednesday night. Again I encourage all Members to get down to the forum if you are able to.

Mitch feel free to add anything if I have missed it.

Nothing to add to that mate - great summation of everything.

As I said, it has been mentioned there will be news in the lead up to/at the member forum. What that news is, I’m not sure!

All we can take into next week’s forum is there will be news and there will be the opportunity to pose questions to Lyall around the direction our club is taking.

For those reasons alone I think it is a great opportunity to get along.

Yes he is.

And for the record...

'Retweeting' is mostly just a way to increase coverage of the often throwaway opinions by random people. Many of whom would reasonably classify as belonging to the following groups of people:

Idiots
Punchies
Numb nuts
Salad dodgers...?

Did I miss any?
As a salad dodger, I take great offence at being included in this questionable group.

Here it is the BIG announcement, a week early!!

You ready??

A BIG truck just dropped a BIG load of topsoil on my front lawn, and I’ve got a very BIG day ahead of me spreading it.

Now that is indeed BIG.

Now off to see if I can beat the rain.

Here it is the BIG announcement, a week early!!

You ready??

A BIG truck just dropped a BIG load of topsoil on my front lawn, and I’ve got a very BIG day ahead of me spreading it.

Now that is indeed BIG.

Now off to see if I can beat the rain.
Hmmm "beat the rain" is that a euphemism for something?

No, he convinced people he was the good guy.
No, he convinced people he was the good guy.
r0_0_316_421_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Woodsie, just to clear up this demonic debate once and for all, I present the following list. I am guilty of all but one, and prefer to keep that one a tightly held secret...
View attachment 9691

Ok, I'm going to guess it's..... fornication! lol @ ewe!

Though I guess if you tell us every one but the one you are keeping secret..... we can still work it out!

LOTR???? aw c'mon list, lighten up!

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8