Big Announcement Wed 3/10/18

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Yes, getting someone like Oates, even if we only intend him to be a winger and not move him to the back row like everyone thinks he should be, would be an upside.

I just wonder about the wisdom of getting a 70 year old head coach who's heart will always be some 900 KM north of Brookvale.

If we were to get a Queenslander as coach I would rather it be Matt Ballin or, at a stretch (a bigger stretch than when he stuck his hand out and took that f**king catch), even someone like Fatty.
I think Bennett would be just fine, having won seven premierships he knows the road map. I'd also be happy to take Maguire with his one flag. Hell, I'd even take a resurrected Jack Gibson over (not even a grand final) Cartwright.

I think Bennett would be just fine, having won seven premierships he knows the road map. I'd also be happy to take Maguire with his one flag. Hell, I'd even take a resurrected Jack Gibson over (not even a grand final) Cartwright.

But even the late great Jack Gibson would insist on bringing his coaching "guru" Ron Massey with him ..... no man ever does it on his own ....

Would be interesting to see the demands either Bennett of Maguire put on the Penns before signing up ....one thing for certain is that to get either would need a major shift in opening the purse strings .....

Bennett :h: Penn ..... a match made in heaven .....

I suspect we have already signed our coach for 2019. The new coach needs to be on board by 1 November 2018. I would prefer Maquire to Bennett because I don't think Bennett is a good longer term option due to his age and being away from home. Maquire is known to people close to me who describe him as a good man that does plenty for others. He would be a good role model for our players plus they need a disciplinarian. I believe that Macquire will have learnt from his experience at Souths following their grand final win and will be a smarter coach for it. Both are great coaches but its Madge for me!

Yeah Bennett has the runs on the board, but I still say that even someone like Peter Sharp could have possibly won premierships with some of the test and origin sides Bennett had at the Donkeys.

And don't give me St Merge 2010 as an example. If Manly didn't have season long injuries to key players like Snake and Wolfman and if we hadn't lost an old head like Orford, and if Melbourne hadn't been done cheating the salary cap, the Goons wouldn't have won the premiership. As soon as Manly and Melbourne were back to normal in 2011, St Merge was back to making up the numbers which is where they were before 2010 and have been ever since.

Look, there are positives to having Bennett as coach, even I can see that. His experience, his ability to attract quality players (though I question this away from Brisbane) and the fact that he may bring someone like Oates with him. But if he brought Boyd I'd start supporting the Adelaide Crows until he was gone.

The turbos are said to favour norton, while dce swears by macafee. This was part of the Hastings dust up earlier this year, it was all about software.

I shudder to think about what will happen if kaspersky gets the manly antivirus annual subscription.
What about Avast, Trend Micro and Bitdefender? Surely they are important to someone ;)

Interesting comment from Slothfield in his current blog regarding Lyal's upcoming members forum. He his a knob of a man.

As for Lyall, he's very good at these forums. You'll walk away feeling good but whether he delivers is another story

Interesting comment from Slothfield in his current blog regarding Lyal's upcoming members forum. He his a knob of a man.

As for Lyall, he's very good at these forums. You'll walk away feeling good but whether he delivers is another story

Agree with Buzz I'll wait for things to be delivered not announced before I trumpet Gorman.

Lyall got the Sharks their first premiership and the club is up there every year since he was there. Buzz is just lashing out that he left his beloved Sharkies

Just heard from someone whom is close to the club that URM are trying to buy us off the Penns.
The owner of URM wants full control over the club as he thinks he can do better.
My guy has been pretty close on some things he tells me about the club, but I guess we all know where that can leave you. Cough, cough Mitchell Pearce.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8