Big Announcement Wed 3/10/18

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I can't remember the last time a sporting team, business or person was able to schedule a future announcement and keep it under wraps before the chosen date and time...

What makes any of you think there will be an announcement about something that we don't already know about yet? We know how the media operate. They have their hands on everything.

Get with the times. It's 2018. The digital age. The club will simply announce some work is to be done to Brookie over the off-season with new catering facilities or something of the like, before trotting out all the cliches about the club having a plan to move forward with potential signings imminent; of which no examples are given. The End.

I can't remember the last time a sporting team, business or person was able to schedule a future announcement and keep it under wraps before the chosen date and time...

What makes any of you think there will be an announcement about something that we don't already know about yet? We know how the media operate. They have their hands on everything.

Get with the times. It's 2018. The digital age. The club will simply announce some work is to be done to Brookie over the off-season with new catering facilities or something of the like, before trotting out all the cliches about the club having a plan to move forward with potential signings imminent; of which no examples are given. The End.

Party pooper!

You seem close to the club? Surely there must be an announcement soon on the coaching situation or is Cartwrong our coach by default? The pre-season starts in November and I would imagine there is a bit of planning to be done planning out a pre-season. Are Barrett and Cartwrong doing this? If that's the case well FMD then 2019 = 2018.

You seem close to the club? Surely there must be an announcement soon on the coaching situation or is Cartwrong our coach by default? The pre-season starts in November and I would imagine there is a bit of planning to be done planning out a pre-season. Are Barrett and Cartwrong doing this? If that's the case well FMD then 2019 = 2018.
It's all to do with the Barrett/Penn stand off. We have Cartwrong sewn up for the job if worse comes to worse, but he can remain assistant with Maguire as HC if (a) a deal can be struck between Madge and Manly and (b) a deal can be struck between Baz and Penn on a payout.

If the Baz/Penn stand-off continues into pre-season training, you can bet Cartwrong will probably be our coach. We really need to pray that Baz gets an offer to go elsewhere, therefore having no choice but to forfeit turning up to pre-season training (can't be at two clubs at once), thus voiding his contract at Manly without pay.

I cannot remember a club ever advertising an announcement for a weeks time to tell the unassuming public that a new coach has been signed. The media get a hold of these things straight away. We'll know who is coaching us long before any official announcement is made. Which is why I am not pinning any hopes on a "big announcement" of any consequence on the 3rd of October.

It's all to do with the Barrett/Penn stand off. We have Cartwrong sewn up for the job if worse comes to worse, but he can remain assistant with Maguire as HC if (a) a deal can be struck between Madge and Manly and (b) a deal can be struck between Baz and Penn on a payout.

If the Baz/Penn stand-off continues into pre-season training, you can bet Cartwrong will probably be our coach. We really need to pray that Baz gets an offer to go elsewhere, therefore having no choice but to forfeit turning up to pre-season training (can't be at two clubs at once), thus voiding his contract at Manly without pay.
And our chances of Baz getting an offer @:(

Yes, I believe the wooden benches will get a new lick of paint to take them into the third decade of the 21st Century and their 6th decade of service to the peninsula.

Exciting times ahead.

Last edited:

Now the genius of having demountables is revealed :nerd:

Hook them up and move them from Narra so Baz can't turn up on 1st November :rofl:

The meeting was called because they know members are refusing to join so Lyall calls a meeting so he can make some members feel warm and fuzzy so they hand over their hard earned. It must be time to crack out the Brookie upgrade plans again.

Last edited:

If so, what a waste of time and the result on Membership with be a big fat,

ZERO

Didn’t you hear about the club’s latest investment?
CD27DA33-DB7E-4D2D-8773-E71D7FD507B1.jpeg

If so, what a waste of time and the result on Membership with be a big fat,

ZERO
I dare say if that's the case then will backfire badly with many a pissed of Member, or more to the point ex member.
I still think it will be the Brooky works and impact on home games next year plus a chance to air the laundry.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10