Big Announcement Wed 3/10/18

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
With all your travelling (which is awesome) I kinda figured your place to be a run down, abandoned looking scary place.

Quite the opposite!!

It just costs money to keep it that way when we are away.

I’m going to be away next year pretty much from late April to end of September but unlike down south the lawns and plants grow all year up here so I just have to pay for a lawnmower man to come in , water the plants and mow the lawns every few weeks.

Simples!!

Quite the opposite!!

I’m going to be away next year pretty much from late April to end of September but unlike down south the lawns and plants grow all year up here so I just have to pay for a lawnmower man to come in , water the plants and mow the lawns every few weeks.

Simples!!
Good to know........
giphy.gif

Well we all know that the announcement won’t be about someone on the management team owning up and saying “ oops I did some bad tpa deals and cost this club badly” sorry.

Could be a chance of this, that may be why they are waiting till after the GF to announce it, Its possible the NRL asked if they could wait to announce it until afterwards. heres hoping!!!!
It's like they read this and said, Hold my beer.

Last edited:
Well we all know that the announcement won’t be about someone on the management team owning up and saying “ oops I did some bad tpa deals and cost this club badly” sorry.
Isn't that on Joke Kelly seeing as he was suspended for it?

The whole thing probably involves Joke flogging a case CoCo Joy from Mona Vale Harris Farm but because it had 6 degrees of seperation to Manly the club gets the book chucked at them...

Quite the opposite!!

Simples!!

And hope you don’t hire Bobby Beausoleil

Last edited:
Thought I would post this here as I wish we had a chairman or an owner like this fellow hate him all we like he has a team with less supporters than us in a strong financial position and not resting on his laurels buying up clubs. Wtf are we doing can't afford to pay a coach we don't want and can't afford a coach we want. What's our future plans other than a big announcement meeting? more action less talk methinks

Roosters chairman Nick Politis preparing $500m parting gift for his club

For the past 25 years, Roosters chairman Nick Politis has sat in the same seat — row N, bay 62, seat — at Allianz Stadium to watch his beloved team.

When the stadium is knocked down following next Friday’s Michael Buble concert, the SCG Trust will give Politis the seat as a souvenir.

It's a nice touch but a more pressing question is how much longer will Politis, 76, be sitting on the throne of the Roosters?

Will a grand final victory over the Storm on Sunday night prompt Politis to step back and hand over the chairmanship?

“No mate,” Politis said. “I haven’t thought about retirement”.

Then he let out his signature giggle.

“Can we just wait and see if we win first? One step at a time. But I won’t be retiring.”

Politis certainly understands, though, that he can’t run the club forever and is preparing for the future. His end-game is to deliver a property portfolio worth $500 million before he finishes.

He might have made his way in the world selling cars but much of his fortune can be attributed to property. He was last year ranked No.82 on The Australian Financial Review's Rich List with an estimated wealth of $773 million.

On his watch, the Roosters have snapped up Waverley Bowling Club, Berkeley Sports, Kingswood Sports Club and Woy Woy Leagues. They also plan to turn North Bondi Golf and Diggers Club into a multi-purpose sports centre.

The centrepiece is a redeveloped Easts Leagues in Bondi Junction. The club has snapped up most of the property on the L-shaped block on the corner of Spring Street and Bronte Road with a long-term plan to turn it into a lucrative high-rise development.

Politis knows his club can’t survive on poker machine revenue forever and wants to leave it in safe hands for the next custodians of the club.

“That should be any chairman's objective,” he said. “At the moment, our commercial property is valued at $120m and we have no debt. Next year, we will have $10m in cash in the bank. We’re in a very good position financially.”

Now to the small matter of finding the next chairman.

This column raised the question at the start of the year when rumours started floating around that Politis was about to stand down. It is no closer to being answered.

Former David Jones boss Mark McInnes was being prepared to take over but he’s since left the board. Former Nine boss David Gyngell is a possibility. So, too, is businessman Mark Bouris.

Powerful TV executive Mark Fennessy is an important board member who was fundamental in getting fullback James Tedesco to the club when Politis refused to deal with Tedesco’s manager, Isaac Moses, after a spectacular fallout.

But Fennessy, like many on the club’s high-powered board, doesn't have the time to juggle work life and Roosters’ life.

“I want to make sure whoever takes over has the time, enthusiasm and passion to make sure the club continues to be successful,” Politis said. “We have some good candidates on our board. We’ll sort something out.”

Uncle Nick usually does.

Thought I would post this here as I wish we had a chairman or an owner like this fellow hate him all we like he has a team with less supporters than us in a strong financial position and not resting on his laurels buying up clubs. Wtf are we doing can't afford to pay a coach we don't want and can't afford a coach we want. What's our future plans other than a big announcement meeting? more action less talk methinks

Roosters chairman Nick Politis preparing $500m parting gift for his club

For the past 25 years, Roosters chairman Nick Politis has sat in the same seat — row N, bay 62, seat — at Allianz Stadium to watch his beloved team.

When the stadium is knocked down following next Friday’s Michael Buble concert, the SCG Trust will give Politis the seat as a souvenir.

It's a nice touch but a more pressing question is how much longer will Politis, 76, be sitting on the throne of the Roosters?

Will a grand final victory over the Storm on Sunday night prompt Politis to step back and hand over the chairmanship?

“No mate,” Politis said. “I haven’t thought about retirement”.

Then he let out his signature giggle.

“Can we just wait and see if we win first? One step at a time. But I won’t be retiring.”

Politis certainly understands, though, that he can’t run the club forever and is preparing for the future. His end-game is to deliver a property portfolio worth $500 million before he finishes.

He might have made his way in the world selling cars but much of his fortune can be attributed to property. He was last year ranked No.82 on The Australian Financial Review's Rich List with an estimated wealth of $773 million.

On his watch, the Roosters have snapped up Waverley Bowling Club, Berkeley Sports, Kingswood Sports Club and Woy Woy Leagues. They also plan to turn North Bondi Golf and Diggers Club into a multi-purpose sports centre.

The centrepiece is a redeveloped Easts Leagues in Bondi Junction. The club has snapped up most of the property on the L-shaped block on the corner of Spring Street and Bronte Road with a long-term plan to turn it into a lucrative high-rise development.

Politis knows his club can’t survive on poker machine revenue forever and wants to leave it in safe hands for the next custodians of the club.

“That should be any chairman's objective,” he said. “At the moment, our commercial property is valued at $120m and we have no debt. Next year, we will have $10m in cash in the bank. We’re in a very good position financially.”

Now to the small matter of finding the next chairman.

This column raised the question at the start of the year when rumours started floating around that Politis was about to stand down. It is no closer to being answered.

Former David Jones boss Mark McInnes was being prepared to take over but he’s since left the board. Former Nine boss David Gyngell is a possibility. So, too, is businessman Mark Bouris.

Powerful TV executive Mark Fennessy is an important board member who was fundamental in getting fullback James Tedesco to the club when Politis refused to deal with Tedesco’s manager, Isaac Moses, after a spectacular fallout.

But Fennessy, like many on the club’s high-powered board, doesn't have the time to juggle work life and Roosters’ life.

“I want to make sure whoever takes over has the time, enthusiasm and passion to make sure the club continues to be successful,” Politis said. “We have some good candidates on our board. We’ll sort something out.”

Uncle Nick usually does.
Someone send this article to the Penn ,with the heading "Take Notes Penncil neck"......

Someone send this article to the Penn ,with the heading "Take Notes Penncil neck"......
Why, they are actively engaged in the same property development strategy.

Hence the purchase of the Leagues Club and Carpark.

The proposed development on Council land of Brookie and the (now failed ) North Manly Bowls Club :nod:

Why, they are actively engaged in the same property development strategy.

Hence the purchase of the Leagues Club and Carpark.

The proposed development on Council land of Brookie and the (now failed ) North Manly Bowls Club :nod:

The difference is it’s for them ( personally), you can see what Politis is doing for his club, he doesn’t need the money but this will ensure their longevity after he’s gone!!

Very smart operator!!

The difference is it’s for them ( personally), you can see what Politis is doing for his club, he doesn’t need the money but this will ensure their longevity after he’s gone!!

Very smart operator!!
Rick Penn has lots of family, not sure if Politis has any.

Packer and Holmes à Court both worth more than Politis but their NRL venture was pure business :nerd:

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10