Battle of Hastings 1066 Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Should Hastings be given a go as a starting half in the NRL side?

• Total voters
There must be a lot of posters on here that don't fit in to their surroundings, with their peers or normal life in general because nothing else could explain the favouritism or love for a player that has never consistently shown first grade ability and has been ostracised by his peers everywhere he has graced. Either that or they have no idea about a sporting team environment.

This is not a workplace where you suffer ass^oles for the sake of your salary, these guys, by and large, are not the most professionally-thinking workers.

It's a group of high-level, mostly immature sportsmen of ranging backgrounds, levels of thought, tolerances and bias that NEED to gel/combine to be anywhere near the value of the sum of their parts.

To level our own life experiences as a gauge in an area of ZERO knowledge/experience is as worthless as a sock full of water.

It's simple in REALITY, Hastings is a f^ckup and doesn't belong in a NRL FG team and the guys making the decisions know it and have made the.appropriate decisions.

This will not be the last club he is booted from because he has shown the same level of denial as his oblivious fans and supporters here.

Sorry if anyone is offended, but that is the truth.
Please tell me the facts that make your statement the truth?

Not so fast Simonmyers . . .
It seems today Action Jackson was the difference between the two teams, with the Blacktown Workers beating Illawarra 20 - 12. Hastings kicked four goal. The Dragons didn't kick one.
Yeah but he doesn't get the kicking duties over hodgko so whats the next reason to put the entire squad back through the media mincer that we all know selecting him would activate? For better or worse, Jacko is done at Manly.
Personally, I'm non-plussed. Kid can play but he's not either great or consistent so woteva. I'm more concerned with keeping our kids that WILL take us back to glory in the next couple of seasons... NO MORE Ramiens.... EVER....

Yeah but he doesn't get the kicking duties over hodgko so whats the next reason to put the entire squad back through the media mincer that we all know selecting him would activate? For better or worse, Jacko is done at Manly.
Personally, I'm non-plussed. Kid can play but he's not either great or consistent so woteva. I'm more concerned with keeping our kids that WILL take us back to glory in the next couple of seasons... NO MORE Ramiens.... EVER....

Hastings was never given a consistent opportunity to prove himself. Thanks to the braniac Barrett choosing Croker, and how did that work out? Two terrible decisions amongst the litany of others this pea brained useless good for nothing coach has made.

As i said, for better or worse... I would have started him round 1 too but barrett didnt, a HEAP of subsequent cr..*p happened and here we are... JH to super league is the best achievable result for all parties now...

RLPA visit Manly Sea Eagles to advocate for out-of-favour Jackson Hastings, plus the NSW continue their community work
Michael Carayannis and Paul Kent, The Daily Telegraph
an hour ago

THE Manly v Jackson Hastings showdown is on again.

Rugby League Players Association boss Ian Prendergast quietly made the trip to Brookvale on Thursday to get answers for why a pathway to the NRL is not being made for Hastings, as is the basic requirement in his NRL contract.

Hastings has knocked back several offers from English clubs because he believes he still has plenty to offer the NRL.

Many believe it could be the making of him, much like it flushed out Blake Green’s talents. Green was a good player lacking confidence when he left the NRL for England, but returned with a renewed confidence and is now one of the NRL’s premier playmakers.

495e87cbf8cc1541f261c83776c05259

Will Hastings continue to fight for his place at Manly? (Christian Gilles)
Hastings is desperate to make it in the NRL.

What nobody will say is that the answer might be to put Hastings’ father, Roosters legend Kevin, on the plane to England instead.

While he remains a blue-collar legend in the game, his constant natterings on social media, blaming his son’s teammates for losses and poor performances, put Hastings in a difficult position and caused the first wedge between him and the Manly players.

WHAT NOW FOR TAPAU?

MARTY Tapau’s future at Manly seems to be a daily discussion, the latest being that Parramatta and Manly are negotiating a swap between Tapau and Corey Norman, which makes sense.

The Eels’ pack lacks the kind of punch Tapau offers and the Sea Eagles are struggling for depth in the halves. Whether any exchange takes place will all depend on what happens at the negotiating table.

There is also talk the Eels are about to put a broom through the coaching staff, excluding head coach Brad Arthur, in a bid to spark fresh ideas and get back to winning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Old Horrie was a bit of a plodder as a player, tough and willing but not blessed with many natural gifts. He is hardly in a position to be criticising others. Maybe that's where Cletus gets his over inflated sense of his abilities

Let’s not forget that 90% of these rumours are bull****, that said, I really do feel that either Penn or Gorman need to come out and speak openly to the supporters and give us some well deserved clarity. Im not talking about some Micky Mouse mission statement I mean genuine dialogue. I don’t mind going through tough times because that’s the nature of supporting the team you love but it’s hard to stick solid when the club stumbles from one disaster to the next without some sort of believable reassurance.

I seriously hope we don't swap Taupau for Norman.
Like swapping a rottweiler for a fking chihuahua.

Winner... chihuahua!!!

rottweiler-and-chihuahua-stock-picture-671897.jpg

Oops, that's a big pic, sorry everyone.

And lol at the rlpa - bunch of friggen toothless tigers when it counts so don't come marching into Manly trying to look tough.

A 'quiet' meeting that once again gets leaked to the press.

Why is there no path? Must be busy visiting EVERY club with players in a similar 'fringe' situation. We have Hodko and dce. that's that.

I guess everyone is having a say in Manly's selection, why not the r lame p a

Dreadful idea about Taupau for Norman. I hope this is just journo junk because there's nothing else to report. Fair dinkum. If its true, the recruitment staff and Barrett don't have a clue. Its a terrible suggestion

The club can get ****ed as far as I am concerned if they sign Norman He is a dead**** and nothing but trouble off the field

100% Correct.

Oh and i love this in the article

"The Eels’ pack lacks the kind of punch Tapau offers"

so we dont need this anymore.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12