Battle of Hastings 1066 Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Should Hastings be given a go as a starting half in the NRL side?

• Total voters
You have to tip your hat to his honesty. He was pretty open about his poor attitude in the video. He did 100% get sent back to Blacktown to train about a month ago but like he said "no one is perfect". He has done everything asked of him since he was dropped back and it was great to see him play so well on the weekend. I hope he keeps playing well and keeps getting picked. I have to think that the temperature on Sunday accounted for his long minutes but it was fortunate because we got to see him play some decent footy and warm into the match.

Hastings has a silky touch with the football. He dummy half service is crisp and accurate. He is a real asset within the 17 so I hope he can embrace the opportunity that TB has given him. I don't think he did himself any favours with the ladies singing the team song in his undies!

I think given he was berated and sent to Blacktown not too long ago (probably pissed that Croker got what he saw as his rightful place in the 6), he is still a work in progress.

But he acknowledges that and he is doing the right things to get himself and his career on track after a rocky start. Hopefully he stays humble and works hard, I want to see him keep the 14.

That's the 3rd "he is a good bloke" article I have seen from Hastings ....

Let's hope he has made it ... and that it is the last we have to see ...

Good luck RoughNut .... hope you live long and prosper at Manly.

Very impressive and mature attitude from the kid. Seems Hastings has grown a little whilst been at Manly and seen the reality of it all. Don't take things for granted and be privileged to be doing what you love best and that is playing football. He will go along way to improving himself as a player and more importantly a person if he sticks to that commitment and hopefully one day become a role model to kids in the community who are on similar bad paths.

I think him playing off the bench he can cover more positions than poo (goes without saying), can goal kick and more importantly bring that x-factor to the team. Giving Api some rest too by not playing and tackling the whole 80min will make Api a better player in the long run by conserving some needed energy and workload for the whole season. As one of the best defenders in our team you want Api to not fade out in the business end of the season.

Hasting adds a great variety form the bench, plus he is good with the boot...
But wait, there is more, he got rid of Brown, who was really offering very little.

Swapping Hastings and Croker would not be the end of the world would it?
Barretts little #6 experiment would still be alive.
Funny how coaches don't seem to have a clue in coaching for their old positions.

Interesting interview with Barrett on Talkin Sport this arvo.

They were stating that API has a good chance of playing state of origin this year. TB agreed.
Tunks made a joke about Hastings haircut. TB ignored the statement about Hastings and said we have a great backup hooker Fainu playing reserve grade that can cover if needed.
Not one word from TB regarding Hastings being able to backup if required.

TB then spent several minutes stating how good Croker was going and none of Manlys issues has anything to do with him, and he was a great defender. He said Manly have no problems scoring points, which means the 5/8th is not an issue.

He did not bring up Hastings at all during the interview
I don't think Hastings will be starting anytime soon.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8