Battle of Hastings 1066 Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Should Hastings be given a go as a starting half in the NRL side?

• Total voters
Fair call if that's what was happening, but I don't agree that Croker has been crap. He's been spotted by every team we come up against (understandably) and been bashed from pillar to post yet still keeps going.
Bear in mind his defence has actually saved us at least a couple of tries.
I do agree though that we need to see some skill out of the kid soon. For his own peace of mind!
I don't think Croker has been terrible either and it's a tough gig to play 6...I don't so much mind the way he has been using the football because we don't need him to be flashy and we don't need him to set up a bunch of tries each week, but we definitely need him to be kicking the football on occasions to take pressure off Chez. Our 5th tackle options are costing us games.

The problem stems back to Hastings being shafted to Blacktown...Baz was very "pro-Croker" and Hastings was ruffling a few feathers. All the eggs were put in the Croker basket and Hastings was cast aside. It's going to take something monumental for Barrett to turn around and admit that he has got the whole thing completely wrong. There is pride on the line as well as football games for Barrett. When we lose 4-5 in a row, then maybe...

Bellamy has the gumption to move Croft back to reserves and give Jacks a try...Baz is not Bellamy.

Even the casual idiot can see that DCE needs someone to help direct the team around and take some of the kick pressure of him...on the 5th tackle, Chez is a sitting duck. If we can see it, Baz can see it...he is being stubborn and pig headed.
Gees I feel like a casual idiot! But I think you are right! I hate egos!

Hastings will be gone by seasons end .
Before June 30 I reckon.
Fair call if that's what was happening, but I don't agree that Croker has been crap
Well he hasn't been awesome. He has no kicking game, he should go to regies to develop that and then get another shot at NRL as a complete player. I said on another thread where somebody was saying people that want Hastings think he's the messiah, not the case, but he's the best option signed to our club, and a more complete player than Croker. Give him the same 5 games that Croker has had and let's see how the comparison sits then.

The problem stems back to Hastings being shafted to Blacktown...Baz was very "pro-Croker" and Hastings was ruffling a few feathers. All the eggs were put in the Croker basket and Hastings was cast aside. It's going to take something monumental for Barrett to turn around and admit that he has got the whole thing completely wrong. There is pride on the line as well as football games for Barrett. When we lose 4-5 in a row, then maybe...

Bellamy has the gumption to move Croft back to reserves and give Jacks a try...Baz is not Bellamy.

Even the casual idiot can see that DCE needs someone to help direct the team around and take some of the kick pressure of him...on the 5th tackle, Chez is a sitting duck. If we can see it, Baz can see it...he is being stubborn and pig headed.

Casual idiots don't coach first grade teams though. We try to but they never take our applications seriously.

hey TB your a tragic mate, u must be in love with croker, something is fishy.
croker has had his chance , and he played the ball backwards to proove to you he is 1-2 yrs off first grade. everyone can see , but you .
i hope for your sake he comes good in the next 2 weeks or you can both fkoff out of our club.

Did Croker put more in at training over the offseason that made Barrett pick him over Hastings?

Coaches seem to get carried away with a player who is a great trainer, they always want to reward them with a first grade spot thinking they’ll play the way they train. A lot don’t measure up.

I remember in the dreaded Northern Eagles days we had a guy named Greg Ebrill who played backrow.

He wasn’t a big guy, just average size but very very fit. Apparently he was such a great trainer they put him in first grade. While he was adequate in defence, I don’t think he broke a tackle! Each game they showed the commentators would say what a great trainer he was. :wasntme:

I didn’t care how he trained I just wanted someone to hurt in defence and bust the line.

I think Nathan Green got a spot from Barrett 2 years ago because he trained so well and now we have Croker who has won him over. Not sure if it’s because of his training ethic or not but I think Croker seems to have the spot for quite some time. @:(

I suppose it’s Barrett’s job on the line so he better hope he measures up.

Did Croker put more in at training over the offseason that made Barrett pick him over Hastings?

Coaches seem to get carried away with a player who is a great trainer, they always want to reward them with a first grade spot thinking they’ll play the way they train. A lot don’t measure up.

I remember in the dreaded Northern Eagles days we had a guy named Greg Ebrill who played backrow.

He wasn’t a big guy, just average size but very very fit. Apparently he was such a great trainer they put him in first grade. While he was adequate in defence, I don’t think he broke a tackle! Each game they showed the commentators would say what a great trainer he was. :wasntme:

I didn’t care how he trained I just wanted someone to hurt in defence and bust the line.

I think Nathan Green got a spot from Barrett 2 years ago because he trained so well and now we have Croker who has won him over. Not sure if it’s because of his training ethic or not but I think Croker seems to have the spot for quite some time. @:(

I suppose it’s Barrett’s job on the line so he better hope he measures up.
The other thing is players can look a million dollars at training because the pressure is off. They throw amazing passes, banana kicks come off, they run all the set plays nicely...game day and it all goes out the window. I reckon Croker is playing a really steady hand at training and Baz is waiting for him to feel his way into FG and bring his A game (the one they see at training). If he fails for long enough, he'll be dropped but Baz is gonna give him plenty of opportunity to take his game from training out onto the field in FG.

We will probably only see Hastings at 5/8 if croker is injured

Gee everyone is really working themselves into a lather here

Wholly predictable that a guy who was never intended as our first grade 5/8 and was thrust in as a victim of circumstance is the new whipping boy......and I feel half the problem has been this forums completely unjustified ecpectations.

To be honest Croker has been slightly under what I expected from him, and I'd be happy for Hastings to be given a shot......but this thread is OTT

Gee everyone is really working themselves into a lather here

Wholly predictable that a guy who was never intended as our first grade 5/8 and was thrust in as a victim of circumstance is the new whipping boy......and I feel half the problem has been this forums completely unjustified ecpectations.

To be honest Croker has been slightly under what I expected from him, and I'd be happy for Hastings to be given a shot......but this thread is OTT
Don't think this is a "down on Croker" thread. Don't think anybody blames him... just a bit pissed off that TB can't see there is a better option at this point in time

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8