Battle of Hastings 1066 Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Should Hastings be given a go as a starting half in the NRL side?

• Total voters
I like Hastings more than Croker as a starting half, but I’m not the coach.

TB must have a reason for his decision, but I don’t think Hastings off the bench is the right idea. Having him play full games in the Reggie’s will give him more match fitness and pressure tests than sitting on the bench for 70min.

If Croker ends up a dud then we have a match fit half ready to make his stamp on first grade.

I like Hastings more than Croker as a starting half, but I’m not the coach.

TB must have a reason for his decision, but I don’t think Hastings off the bench is the right idea. Having him play full games in the Reggie’s will give him more match fitness and pressure tests than sitting on the bench for 70min.

If Croker ends up a dud then we have a match fit half ready to make his stamp on first grade.

I have a mate that used to work for the roosters a couple of years ago and from what I always heard he was full of himself. It’s hard to reform that image and hard to change. This is from a little while ago but rings true from what I’ve heard: http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...rl-roosters/df7qgbypj0pd1r7fn1t3i9sm2/slide/2

If a player thinks he knows better than coaches and goes a bit maverick on the field if I was the coach I wouldn’t trust him either. Croker seems( and I have no knowledge nor have I met him) like a pretty humble kid. Seems like he’d fit in pretty well with our humble turbos.

If you want to embody a team first culture you need to play team first players.

no doubt he has talent but attitude and fitting into a team is probably just as if not more important

When our players were knocking each other out today i thought how good was it to have Hastings in the utility role.

But that kick through the line to set up Siro was pure class!! I was a bit disappointed that he got subbed off straight after that try but i guess Barrett wanted Croker to get his confidence up/combos with the team.

When our players were knocking each other out today i thought how good was it to have Hastings in the utility role.

But that kick through the line to set up Siro was pure class!! I was a bit disappointed that he got subbed off straight after that try but i guess Barrett wanted Croker to get his confidence up/combos with the team.

I don't think he was subbed off, Croker went to the blood bin and Api replaced him, then Croker had to come back on (time limit) so someone had to come off and why waste a sub on a stinking hot day so Hastings came off.

I don't think he was subbed off, Croker went to the blood bin and Api replaced him, then Croker had to come back on (time limit) so someone had to come off and why waste a sub on a stinking hot day so Hastings came off.

Thanks for the clarification as i wasn’t aware of a time limit for HIA. Thought there was for passing the teat but when you brought them back was dependant on the docs.

Those 3 working in rotation worked a treat. Compared to other times when this team got off to a good start and let it slip. The foot never came off the peddle today. Especially in defense around the ruck. Hastings and API were massive.

API and Croker in the 6 were massive in defence.

I guess Baz has shown his hand. API will be our old experienced hand running the show if DCE should happen to need a rest. I guess it makes sense.

The halves / hookers all 4 of em were just awesome as a team today. Well Done.

Hastings played extremely well and looked dangerous in attack. Clever kick for Sironen to score . Hopefully he can improve his social etiquette and attitude because it seems that it's the only thing that is holding him back.

Those 3 working in rotation worked a treat. Compared to other times when this team got off to a good start and let it slip. The foot never came off the peddle today. Especially in defense around the ruck. Hastings and API were massive.

API and Croker in the 6 were massive in defence.

I guess Baz has shown his hand. API will be our old experienced hand running the show if DCE should happen to need a rest. I guess it makes sense.

The halves / hookers all 4 of em were just awesome as a team today. Well Done.
Yep that was the massive difference today. We expected a comeback and a dropoff from the boys but it never happened. Something we've not seen in years. It's an exciting prospect that we can play like that.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2