Battle of Hastings 1066 Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Should Hastings be given a go as a starting half in the NRL side?

• Total voters
Guessing that Trent as a former 5/8 has been teaching Croker and he is his special pet. Im hoping this week is the week and he comes good. Else il be baying for Barrets head.

You are all barking up the wrong tree. Barrett does rate Hastings, but he is determined to stamp out his tendency to big-headedness.

I’ve heard Barrett go out of his way to avoid praising Hastings in other interviews.

And yet he picks him in our team. Pretty obvious to me that he rates the bloke, he just won’t say so.

Why on earth did he sign him? We can all see he is a great player so what is Barrett’s problem. Can’t be discipline otherwise Hastings wouldn’t make the bench. If this is just Barrett trying to prove he is right he’s lost me.

Why on earth did he sign him? We can all see he is a great player so what is Barrett’s problem. Can’t be discipline otherwise Hastings wouldn’t make the bench. If this is just Barrett trying to prove he is right he’s lost me.

That's the feeling that I get about Barrett, that he doesn't like admitting he has made a mistake.

He didn't like it when he had to admit Walker failed at 5/8, in fact he went out of his way to try and not admit it even after being forced to swap Walker and Killer. And it would seem he won't admit that Croker adds absolutely nothing to the side other than making DCE play a style of game which he is not really good at to compensate for the lack of anything from his halves partner.

You are all barking up the wrong tree. Barrett does rate Hastings, but he is determined to stamp out his tendency to big-headedness.

I’ve heard Barrett go out of his way to avoid praising Hastings in other interviews.

And yet he picks him in our team. Pretty obvious to me that he rates the bloke, he just won’t say so.

If Barrett rated him that much why does he have him sitting on the bench for 50-60 minutes each week while persisting with a 5/8 who is pretty much crap?

Its getting to the point where Barrett will have to go at seasons end. If we miss the finals he will and needs to go. He persists with stupid descions and it cost us 2016, and its going to cost us 2018. I like Croker and want him to suceed but he isnt what we need, and he isnt very good at the moment. I dont think Hastings is the answer either, we've gotta buy a 6.

I love Croaker . Especially grilled Yummy !

images (10).jpeg

Its getting to the point where Barrett will have to go at seasons end. If we miss the finals he will and needs to go. He persists with stupid descions and it cost us 2016, and its going to cost us 2018. I like Croker and want him to suceed but he isnt what we need, and he isnt very good at the moment. I dont think Hastings is the answer either, we've gotta buy a 6.
I will only support him leaving for a proven successful coach, not another rookie.

Green
Bellamy
Maguire
Halser

There is alot of expirence and premierships between those 4 blokes.

The only exception to the rule would be Walters, I reckon he will be successful. I mean he did win 6 premierships as a player that must count for something plus stints with Bellamy and Bennett as assistant

Maybe Hastings is just not as good as everyone on here seems to either think he is, or wants him to be. Nobody rated him at the roosters, and he has hardly dominated in the lower grades since he has been here.
Maybe, but the times he's come on as a replacement during games he has played better than Croker & on each occasion he looks the more likely to create something instead of just passing the ball. I've been a staunch supporter of Barrett but he's starting to piss me off with some of his team selections & attitude. On Sunday when they interviewed the Titans coach he was open & appreciative, on the other hand Barrett looked like he couldn't be bothered with the interview! I knew then we were headed for a defeat.

I will only support him leaving for a proven successful coach, not another rookie.

Green
Bellamy
Maguire
Halser

There is alot of expirence and premierships between those 4 blokes.

The only exception to the rule would be Walters, I reckon he will be successful. I mean he did win 6 premierships as a player that must count for something plus stints with Bellamy and Bennett as assistant
Bellamy or Hasler will do me.

The problem stems back to Hastings being shafted to Blacktown...Baz was very "pro-Croker" and Hastings was ruffling a few feathers. All the eggs were put in the Croker basket and Hastings was cast aside. It's going to take something monumental for Barrett to turn around and admit that he has got the whole thing completely wrong. There is pride on the line as well as football games for Barrett. When we lose 4-5 in a row, then maybe...

Bellamy has the gumption to move Croft back to reserves and give Jacks a try...Baz is not Bellamy.

Even the casual idiot can see that DCE needs someone to help direct the team around and take some of the kick pressure of him...on the 5th tackle, Chez is a sitting duck. If we can see it, Baz can see it...he is being stubborn and pig headed.

If Barrett rated him that much why does he have him sitting on the bench for 50-60 minutes each week while persisting with a 5/8 who is pretty much crap?
Fair call if that's what was happening, but I don't agree that Croker has been crap. He's been spotted by every team we come up against (understandably) and been bashed from pillar to post yet still keeps going.
Bear in mind his defence has actually saved us at least a couple of tries.
I do agree though that we need to see some skill out of the kid soon. For his own peace of mind!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7