Barretts threat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I believe Kelly is still signed for next year .... and unless Kelly is asking for gazzillions I can't see him being let go ...

I believe he is still contracted for next season, although that means little these days, with all the chopping and changing.

Time will tell, I guess.

Barrett is contracted for next year and we expect him to be here next year.....

Have I missed something..I don't know what else he can say?

I dunno
It was more strange when Gorman 'I will neither confirm nor deny that Baz quit in July and is now working off his exit period' :think:

Sunday Footy Show Journos said that Baz's extension included a termination clause if his resourcing requirements weren't met :cool:

https://m.facebook.com/SundayFootyShow/

Last edited:
Yeah, Imagine the Coach insisting that the team is fully resourced .... I, would be criticising him if he didn't demand it ..... But it is good to see you can type without dropping your sausage roll .....
Zorba is that you :p

Funny how we got by without a "center of excellence" when we dominated the comp 2008-2013. Pretty sure we operated out of the same demountables that they are currently whinging about too. And didn't the Titans pin all their hopes in a brand new "center of excellence" a few years back? Typical modern day solution to a problem - just throw money at it - saves doing the hard yards that are really required.
That’s because we dominated because we had 2 Centres of excellence
Matai and Lyon.

I miss those two.

I would love our club to have the facilities of richer clubs, and of course that would create sport science improvements etc.
How will that change the game day effort and strategies in defence and attack, bench rotation use, tactics in the heat of the grind etc etc. Unfortunately with our side I don’t see too much improvement.
Next year, I hope you are correct. But win, lose or draw I want to see improvement and consistency of effort on the park. That happens we will all be much happier little vegemites
He seems to not have any idea what to do when his bash them through the middle of the field tactics don’t work. And why he continues using a two man bench is anyone’s guess. If he’s not confident using ALL the players on the bench then pick someone else FFS.

Yeah I agree.
I can not understand the Penn's in some ways.
If I owned this club that I love then I would want it to be a showpiece.

Its not for sale....

cf785d866b5c00f53c8362228f4b9022--abandoned-cars-abandoned-places.jpg

Manly EO Lyall Gorman remains coy on Trent Barrett’s future: 'We’re not going to speculate

A tight-lipped Manly chief executive Lyall Gorman has refused to end speculation that Trent Barrett is prepared to walk out of the club, but he expects the frustrated coach to see out his contract.

Barrett has reportedly become fed up with the lack of resources at the Narrabeen-based club, who still operate out of demountables, and has instructed his manager to send a legal letter complaining about the underwhelming facilities.

There have been suggestions Barrett already quit in July and is currently on his serving notice until the end of the season where he is predicted to part ways, possibly opening the door for a shock Penrith move.

But in his attempt to keep the fire under control, Gorman would not go into detail around the recent reports and claimed Barrett will be at the club in 2019.

‘’Trent and I aren’t going to make any comment on that and we’re not going to speculate,’’ Gorman told Triple M.

‘’Trent is contracted to coach at our club next year and I fully expect him to be coaching there next year.

Barrett has endured a season from hell that has involved a player divide, a troubling injury crisis, a salary cap saga and year of mixed results that has seen the club fall well out of the finals picture

That’s on top of rumours Barrett has a strained relationship with the club’s management and some of the playing group.

Currently sitting at 12th on NRL ladder and one win above the last-placed Cowboys, Gorman is putting the focus on the club’s final three rounds and will address the Barrett situation at the conclusion of the season.

‘’I think we sit down at the end of the year. I know Trent’s really keen to finish (his contract) here,’’ he said.

‘’Trent and I have a very good working relationship on a personal basis and we had a long chat again last night.

‘’One thing we don’t want on our record for our fans, our members, our sponsors and our incredibly talented playing group is the wooden spoon so our focus is contained to that.

‘’We’ll sit down over the next few weeks and work out a range of things. Some we can fast-track, some we can’t.’’

The Manly boss also hosed down speculation on Barrett’s frustration with the club’s facilities with news they have received a grant from the State Government.

‘’We’ve actually got a $22.5 million grant that’s finally been allocated to us towards the Centre of Excellence,’’ Gorman said.

‘’I was in (a meeting) with the State Government on Friday again trying to fast-track that work around a new Centre of Excellence.’’

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...s-nrl-lyall-gorman/1dhvykagzhetf15lhcac0ryfak

Ah, true. I must first complete my course on Jumping at shadows, then I believe reading between the lines is next semester, with a minor of where's there smoke there's fire to complete the year.

Then I will be rip roarin' to go!

You forgot the extension course in "Advanced Numb-nuttery for beginners" .... lack of critical thinking an advantage ....

Let’s think this through. Barrett leaves then we have no coach in 2019. Because we have no plan and in a mess the club will be forced to pay overs for another rookie or has been or even worse, club folds, merged, relocates.
I think Barrett may have effectively left at the meeting months ago and if so I have no doubt a new coach was being organised soon after.

Hard to know with Barrett because, essentially, I don't think he's very bright. All the great coaches, from Gibson through Bennett, Bellamy, and Hasler have a real sense of intelligence about them. They're switched on. Siebold has it too.
I don't see much in Barrett other than a good looking nice guy who wants to be one of the boys.
So what he saw when he took the job, how he went about getting what he needed, how he deals with Gorman .... who knows. But he just doesn't have any feeling of being a smart operator.

If someone says "they are contracted and we expect him to be here next year blah blah blah." In my books that's a red flag. The go to cover up sentence.

Agree..Gorman didnt rubbish the suggestion, he talked around the answer.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8