Barretts threat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The big news in this story for me was Gorman advising we have secured 22.5 million in government funding for a certain the of excellence.

I’d like to know if this was the money promised to us for the renovations at Brookie.

That was $22.5 million.

Seems a coincidence that the money figure is the same.

I’ll be furious if they spend it on a training facility and then we have no dollars for a Brookie update.

22.5 million was never going to get us a new stand or anything but it would’ve updated a lot of the ground as far as replacing the bench seats, updating amenities and playing surface etc.

If it’s new dollars, we’ll done in getting additional funding.

$10m was from NSW Government for a center of excellence- not enough to build anything decent.

$12.5 was the previous funding from federal government for Brookie- not enough to build anything decent.

Hoping to combine this and get some more funding to build a decent grandstand at Brookie which includes a centre of all excellence

Let’s think this through. Barrett leaves then we have no coach in 2019. Because we have no plan and in a mess the club will be forced to pay overs for another rookie or has been or even worse, club folds, merged, relocates.
Adam O'Brien from the storm would do.

Let’s think this through. Barrett leaves then we have no coach in 2019. Because we have no plan and in a mess the club will be forced to pay overs for another rookie or has been or even worse, club folds, merged, relocates.
What about the Neil Henry rumour, apparently a done deal. Barrett might well end up with a results driven business presser, you know the one where Zorba shakes his hand.

It's a good list that has really underachieved. Watching the dogs game highlights that the problem is completely attitude and cultural. I'll throw in fitness, but again that is poor attitude culture.

This Manly team is now the laziest laziest team. Fox advised Manly concede more points in the last 20 minutes of the first half and the last 10 minutes of the 2nd half then every other NRL team. Does that not scream An unfit Lazy team who when they runs out of puff, gives up.

The attitude in the first half was scary poor. Line speed, post contact metres gained and conceded.

All year the wrestle and winning the ruck via contact on the ground. We would be stone motherless last in that as well.

The team list doesn't need a big influx of players. They need one massive boot up the ass, a culture change. We have been turned into the NZ Warriors.
Our fitness or lack of it has been evident for the past 3 years since the bearded tit arrived

The dogs were killing us in the wrestle last night We have no wrestle because we are weak and it gives our defence less time to be set Poor coaching as well

Hopefully Barrett will take Ferris to the dragons when he leaves

Barrett is sniffing out opportunity at Panthers for sure. Big Zorb has got wind of it and it’s “let the white anting begin”
Hopefully Gus gets cracking and Barrett back to Penrith asap
Yeap zorba not been to backward is saying only reason walker, tapau and turbos are here is because of bozo.

Yeap zorba not been to backward is saying only reason walker, tapau and turbos are here is because of bozo.
It made me sick reading that yesterday zorba is irrelevant nobody who’s time in rugby league and manly is well and truly up.

Did you notice as well the week we beat the sharks buzz goes missing not one comment on us, the week after, the day after we win again he posts this article.

Our fitness or lack of it has been evident for the past 3 years since the bearded tit arrived

The dogs were killing us in the wrestle last night We have no wrestle because we are weak and it gives our defence less time to be set Poor coaching as well

Hopefully Barrett will take Ferris to the dragons when he leaves

I was at the game and the difference between us and dogs re the wrestle was significant. However, a lot of this was attributed to the 2-7 penalty count at half time. We got pinged every time we tried to slow it and the dogs where given way too much latitude. It was farcical.

Last edited:
It made me sick reading that yesterday zorba is irrelevant nobody who’s time in rugby league and manly is well and truly up.

Did you notice as well the week we beat the sharks buzz goes missing not one comment on us, the week after, the day after we win again he posts this article.
Forget the fact bozo should be retired. There alot of bull**** in rothfield article - football manager been filled, recruitment manager be next few weeks, centre of excellent and 4 new player signing - 2 new and 2 re signing. My guess elgey and few rumours hoppa 2 re signs my guess siro and api. all from lyall Gorman triple m.
Barrett issue - expects to see out contract but will chat at end of season - there snoke here by looks of it.

Forget the fact bozo should be retired. There alot of bull**** in rothfield article - football manager been filled, recruitment manager be next few weeks, centre of excellent and 4 new player signing - 2 new and 2 re signing. My guess elgey and few rumours hoppa 2 re signs my guess siro and api. all from lyall Gorman triple m.
Barrett issue - expects to see out contract but will chat at end of season - there snoke here by looks of it.

My hopes:

X Kelly extension
X Koroisou extension
X Sironen extension

X Elgey signing
X Hopoate signing (soft spot for juniors)

X Barrett here next season, with:
1. Approval for Centre of Excellence
2. Recruitment / List Manager

My hopes:

X Kelly extension
X Koroisou extension
X Sironen extension

X Elgey signing
X Hopoate signing (soft spot for juniors)

X Barrett here next season, with:
1. Approval for Centre of Excellence
2. Recruitment / List Manager
Yeah mate i love it to be dylan walker and kelly. Has siro and api been announced.
There 2nd outside recruit to elgey hearing a good get not sure who it is.

Exactly! Excuses

Only a goose with a very sore bum could possibly interpret a demand by the coach, for the promised resources as an excuse ..... sorry correction, or a complete numb-nutt ......

What would you prefer Punchie ..... a coach that "didn't" demand the support staff promised and consistent with a professional NRL team ....

Or is it just any excuse to misinterpret any issue ...

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8